- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2015; rehearses Jan. 12-Feb. 8; tech Feb. 9-15; runs Feb. 16-22 in NYC. Rehearsals will be held on or near Columbia University campus at 116th and Broadway; performances will be held at The Connelly, 220 East 4th St.
- Auditions: Dec 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting Columbia Stages' upcoming production of "The Hour of the Star," directed by Dara Malina. This is a Columbia University School of the Arts MFA Theater Directing thesis project. Synopsis: Published shortly after Lispector’s death in 1977, "The Hour of the Star" follows distraught narrator Rodrigo S.M. and his young ...
- Production will take place in Spring 2015 in the New Haven, CT.
- Auditions: Dec 2 in New Haven, CT
Casting "Burgertory," a Quinnipiac Film Society Short Film Production. Synopsis: A young punk, Gavin, inherits an old family diner along with the ghosts of the family who owned it. In order to stop the ghosts from haunting him, Gavin must help this dysfunctional family save the restaurant.
- Shoots weekend of Dec 5-7 with possible pickups Dec. 8-14 in NY.
- Auditions: Dec 2 in New York, NY
Casting "Pause and Reflect," a student film in which seven characters sit in a diner, living their lives. At first everything seems normal, leading up to the dropping of a cup. But then we go into the inner lives of each of the characters, and we find that not everything ...
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3, 2015; previews begin Feb. 27; closes Mar. 29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in New York, NY
Casting "A Happy End." Synopsis: Mark Erdmann is an acclaimed Jewish physicist, the head of the atomic lab at the University of Berlin in late 1932. His wife Leah, an avid consumer of the city’s rich cultural life, is involved in an extramarital affair. The signs of impending danger are ...
- Rehearsals begin mid-January in Tampa, FL; runs January-August in Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco, and Miami. Various routes through Alaska, Western American Seaboard, and the Caribbean.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in New York City, NY
Seeking dancers for "Swing!", a musical celebrating the music of the swing era of jazz, including many well-known tunes by artists like Duke Ellington, William “Count” Basie, Benny Goodman and others. Songs include “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)”; “Sing, Sing, Sing”, “Jumpin at the ...
- Rehearses Jan. 12-23, 2015; tech Jan. 17; runs Jan. 24 (7 p.m.), Jan. 25 (3 p.m.), Jan. 29-30 & Feb. 5-7 (7 p.m.), and Feb. 8 (3 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 3, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Zoltar." Synopsis: What happens when a plan doesn't turn out exactly as you intended? Adam finds out the hard way while standing in front of the Wonder Wheel one evening at Brooklyn's Coney Island on the eve of September 11, 2001. With thoughts of marriage on his mind, he ...
- Shoots late January-early February in NY.
- Auditions: Dec 3, 8 in New York, NY
Casting "Martingale," a feature film. Synopsis: With his single mother struggling to keep work, Miles, a high school student, has to help support her and his siblings. But when his family faces eviction, Miles makes choices that will forever alter his future.