- Rehearsals begin Sept. 15 (weeknights, 6-9:45 p.m.; actors may be called two-four times per wk.) in Burbank and L.A. (near Universal Studios); runs Dec. 18, 19, and 20 at the Hall of Liberty, 6300 Forest Lawn Dr., L.A.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 5 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Annie Get Your Gun," the musical with lyrics and music by Irving Berlin and a book by Dorothy Fields and her brother Herbert Fields. Synopsis: The story is a fictionalized version of the life of Annie Oakley (1860–1926), a sharpshooter who starred in Buffalo Bill's Wild West, and her ...
- Tech & dress rehearsals Dec. 21 & 22 (required); musicians perform original music Dec. 18 at QED Astoria; runs Dec. 24, 26, 28, 29, and Jan. 1-3, 2016 at The Secret Theatre in Long Island City.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Twelfth Night," a play with original music. Company states: "Shakespeare's Twelfth Night set in a present day jazz lounge and bar from New Year's Eve until Twelfth Night; lots of drinking, partying, and pranks ensue as the characters struggle between loneliness and that ever elusive quest to find love, ...
- Rehearses and performs in Fort Myers, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Casting the Florida Repertory Theatre's 2015-16 season. Season includes "The Unexpected Guest" (Agatha Christie, writer. Robert Cacioppo, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Oct. 27-Nov. 18 with a possible extension to Nov. 22 in the Historic Arcade Theatre); "The Seafarer" (Conor McPherson, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; runs Nov. 17-Dec. ...
- Performances run January 29–February 21, 2016, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 22 in Novato, CA
Casting "A Cajun Midsummer Night's Dream," a Shakespeare adaptation by Clay David. Project description: "Marrying 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' with the Cajun-Creole Bayou is a wonderful opportunity to explore afresh the richness of both the true Cajun culture and Shakespeare’s delightful, disruptive overturning of the everyday world."
- Workshop 1 will be held Sept. 14-27; Workshop 2 will be held Oct. 12-25; Workshop 3 TBD. Rehearses Mon.-Thurs. evenings, and weekend afternoons. Performances will be held on the final Sunday of each workshop period. All actors need not be available for all rehearsals (principals should expect to be needed at most), but all must be available to attend the final Saturday and Sunday of each workshop. Actors need not be available for both workshops. All rehearsals and workshops held in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 8 in New York, NY
Casting 2-3 workshop productions of “Molasses in January," an original musical for all ages. “Molasses” is historical fiction set in Boston’s North End between 1914-1919, the time of the famed Boston Molasses Disaster. Anna, a single Italian woman, struggles to raise her two children, and learns that life can change ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 18, 4 p.m.; runs Dec. 10, 7 p.m., Dec. 11, 8 p.m., and Dec. 12, 8 p.m. in Allendale, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7, 9 in Allendale, NJ
Casting "The Second Shepherd's Play: The Operetta," a comic, operatic musical adaptation (in the form of an operetta) based on a medieval play made possible in part by the Bergen County Division of Cultural & Historic Affairs from funds granted by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. Never ...
- For the Miami program, performers must be consistently available daytimes on Mon., Wed., and/or Thurs. to be considered for this position. Position is based in Miami, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Miami, FL
Seeking solo variety performers for Clown Care, a program of the Big Apple Circus at Miami Children's Hospital in Miami, FL. Associate creative director states: "Clown Care®, an outreach program of The Big Apple Circus, seeks professional, experienced, solo variety artists specializing in skills such as music, physical comedy, improvisation, ...
- Rehearses June 20-30, 2016 (must arrive June 19; rehearsals begin June 20 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs July 1 & 2 (7 p.m.); depart July 3. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Nashville, TN and Oct 3 in New York, NY and Nov 14 in Houston, TX and Dec 4 in Toledo, OH and Dec 5 in Detroit, MI and Dec 6 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Fiddler on the Roof," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are ...
- Rehearses Nov. 30-Dec. 2; runs Dec. 4-6, 11-13, and 18-20 (Fri. & Sat. at 7 p.m. and Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Educational Cultural Complex in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 19 in San Diego, CA
Casting "The Wiz."
- Season rehearses and performs in Naples, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13 in Naples, FL
Casting the TheatreZone's 2015-16 season. Season includes "Xanadu" (Jeff Lynne & John Farrar, music & lyrics; Douglas Carter Beane, book. Rehearsals begin Sept. 21; runs Oct. 1-11); "Sweet Smell of Success" (Marvin Hamlisch, music; Craig Carnelia, lyrics; John Guare, book. Rehearsals begin Oct. 28; runs Jan. 7-17, 2016); "The Boy ...
- Rehearses Nov. 9-12 (6-10 p.m.); Nov. 14 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.); Nov. 16-19 (6-10 p.m.); Nov. 21 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 23-24 (6-10 p.m.), Nov. 28 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) and Nov. 30-Dec. 3 (6 p.m.-TBD) in Atlanta, GA. Performs Dec. 4-5 (8 p.m.), Dec. 6 (3 p.m.), Dec. 11-12 (8 p.m.), Dec. 13 (3 p.m.), Dec. 18-19 (8 p.m.), Dec. 20 (3 p.m.) at The Earl Smith Strand Theatre. Note: The Strand reserves the right to schedule additional shows on those days if ticket sales deem necessary.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Atlanta, GA
Seeking vocalists and dancers ages 16 & up for the third-annual "A Christmas Tradition" holiday revue at the Earl Smith Strand Theatre on the historic Marietta Square.
- Rehearsal schedule, Mondays - Thursdays. Performance dates are November 13 to December 19, 2015 on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00pm and Sundays at 2:00pm. Auditions, rehearsals and performances take place at the Westchester Playhouse, located at 8301 Hindry Ave. in Westchster, CA 90045
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13, 14 in Westchester, CA
"Something's Afoot" is a murder mystery musical that spoofs detective stories.