- All tours begin in September and tour through December. Note: The tour of “Sheila the Great” will fly to Alaska for one week in December.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in New York, NY
ArtsPower National Touring Theatre, in its twenty-ninth year as a touring theater company for young and family audiences, is casting three musicals for its 2014 fall touring season. The three shows are: “Otherwise Known As Sheila the Great,” a musical (based on the book by Judy Blume, directed by Andrew ...
- Rehearses Nov. 3-16 in NY; travels to Boston Jan. 12, 2015; Boston rehearsals begin Jan. 13, 2015; runs Jan. 23-Mar. 1, 2015 in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in Cambridge, MA
Casting "Father Comes Home From the Wars, Parts 1, 2, 3,' an explosively powerful drama about the mess of war, from Pulitzer Prize winner Suzan-Lori Parks.
- Contract dates vary.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 8 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting singers, dancers, and musicians for productions aboard Carnival cruises.
- Rehearses late-Sept. 2014 in NYC; performs Sept. 30 at 6:30 p.m. at Studio 145 at Intersections International in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Casting a staged reading of "Uniform Justice," which tells a story of a community where police and civilians search for answers to the dilemma of retaliatory violence and the challenges police face in preventing it, the main barrier being the strained relationship between the two groups. This story is experienced ...
- Competition runs weekly at the West End Lounge and Cabaret on the Upper West Side, NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Seeking contestants for the new season of "So You Think You Can Belt!," an eight-week singing competition from the producers of "Bound for Broadway," "Bitter Bitches," and "N.E.W. Musicals." Producer states: "SYTYCB is quickly becoming the best competition in town; join us for awesome cash prizes, free drinks, giveaways, and ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Norwalk, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Casting two shows for the Music Theatre of Connecticut's season. Season includes "The World Goes Round" (Rehearses Oct. 23-Nov. 6; runs Nov. 7-23) and "Little Shop of Horrors" (Rehearses Apr. 7-16, 2015; runs Apr. 17-May 10, 2015).
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 6; runs Oct. 28-Nov. 9 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in San Diego, CA
Casting "All's Well That Ends Well," a play.
- Rehearses weeknights and Saturdays or Sundays afternoons; runs Nov. 7-8 p.m. through Nov. 23 at 3 p.m. (performs over three weekends) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 5 in New York City, NY
Casting "Carousel." Synopsis: In a Maine coastal village toward the end of the 19th century, the swaggering, carefree carnival barker, Billy Bigelow, captivates and marries the naive millworker, Julie Jordan. Billy loses his job just as he learns that Julie is pregnant and, desperately intent upon providing a decent life ...
- Showcase held Nov. 19 at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 Eighth Ave. (btwn. 36th & 37th sts.), 16th fl. in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 5, 12, 26 in New York, NY
Seeking performers for an industry showcase for Class Act NY. Producer states: "A Class Act NY's industry showcases provide aspiring young actors an opportunity to perform for over 20 agents, managers, and casting directors in one evening. Many participants have been scouted from previous showcases and are now appearing on ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 31 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "This is the Week That Is," written and performed by the This is the Week That Is ensemble.