- Rehearses and performs 2015 in Osaka, Japan.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31 in New York, NY
Universal Studios Japan® is returning to the USA, and looking for excellent talent to join its team in Osaka, Japan in 2015. Casting character actors & hosts, dancers who sing well, singers who move well, and female dancers with technical training.
- Rehearses Saturdays (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; performs Oct. 25, 2014.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for "The Unconventional Conventionalists," Long Island's premier "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadowcast.
- Rehearses Sept. 20 & 21; shoots Sept. 23-29 in NYC. Note: shoot should take three to four days.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Back Home," a student thesis film for NYFA about a young boy who runs away from home and meets a girl and what happens between them. The story examines the problems between teenagers and their family.
- Rehearses Sept. 8-Nov. 13 (weekdays 7:30-10 p.m.); runs Nov. 14-Dec. 14 (Thurs.-Sat., 8 p.m. and Sundays 2 p.m.) at the Conejo Players Theatre in Thousand Oaks, CA. Note: No performance Nov. 27.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1, 2 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Shrek: The Musical." Synopsis: "Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film that started it all, 'Shrek: The Musical' brings the hilarious story of everyone's favorite ogre to dazzling new life on the stage. In a faraway kingdom turned upside down, things get ugly when an unseemly ogre -- not a ...
- Rehearsals begin September 16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, 8, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "If Scrooge was a Brother," a comedic reconstruction of the classic Dickens tale experienced through an Afrocentric lens. A memory play that examines the life long struggle of Boss Scrooge from poverty to the upper class at the expense of his humanity. Spirited music, supernatural experiences and reconnection to ...
- Rehearsals will begin after Labor Day and will take place in NYC and Rahway, NJ; tech rehearsal Oct. 11 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) in NYC; runs Oct. 23, 24, & 25 (9 p.m. all days) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in Rahway, NJ
Casting "Sex, Relationships and Sometimes Love," with a twist. This production will "gender bend" all the monologues: men will perfrom the women's pieces and vice versa. Some actors may be asked to perform in drag, both queens and kings. Producer states: "First produced at Show World in Times Square in ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 28; runs Dec. 26, 2014-May 21, 2015 on tour.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, in New York, NY
Casting "Guys and Dolls."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; tours nationally Nov. 4-Dec. 28.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in New York, NY
Casting Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
- Rehearses Sept. 6-Oct. 2; runs Oct. 3-Nov. 2 at Center Stage Theater, 8463 Sierra Blvd, Fontana, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in Fontana, CA
Casting "Young Frankenstein," the Mel Brooks' musical in which the grandson of the infamous Victor Frankenstein, Frederick Frankenstein (pronounced "Fronk-en-steen"), inherits his family's estate in Transylvania. With the help of a hunchbacked side-kick, Igor (pronounced "Eye-gore"), and a leggy lab assistant, Inga, Frederick finds himself in the mad scientist shoes ...
- Rehearses Sept. to early-Oct. 2014; Oct. 7-14 in Long Island and NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Casting "How I Killed Allie Rose," a dark comedic thesis film for NYFA about high school perfectionist, Lauren Whitaker, on a quest to save her picture perfect relationship.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; runs Nov. 7-23 in Staten Island, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 3, in New York, NY
Casting "West Side Story." Especially seeking non-Caucasian performers to play young Puerto Ricans.
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 14; runs November 7-9 & 14-16 at Arc Stages in Pleasantville, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 6 in Pleasantville, NY
Casting "Assassins," a musical about nine individuals who assassinated or tried to assassinate the President of the United States. From John Wilkes Booth to Lee Harvey Oswald, writers Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman bend the rules of time and space, taking us on a nightmarish roller coaster ride in which ...
- Shoot dates & locations are TBA.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in Union, NJ
Casting "Wife Missing," based on a novel of crime, drama and adventure with the Italian and Chinese Mafia which is being released within the next two weeks. Coordinator states: "This is for a trailer to show investors."
- Lab is Oct. 27-Nov. 21.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actor/singers for various roles in "On Your Feet," a musical based on the lives of Emilio and Gloria Estefan. The project notes: "Performers of all Latin backgrounds encouraged to attend."
- Rehearsals begin approx. Jan. 13, 2015 in NYC; performance dates TBA.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "It Shoulda Been You." Synopsis: In a world where nothing is what it seems, religions collide, Machiavellian plots are revealed, promises broken, secrets exposed, and hope springs from the most unlikely of places. Is it the latest conflict in the Middle East? No, it’s just the Steinberg wedding.
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 6; runs Oct. 28-Nov. 9 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in San Diego, CA
Casting "All's Well That Ends Well," a play.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 16; runs Nov. 14-Jan. 4, 2015.
- Auditions: Sep 4, in New York, NY
Casting "A Christmas Story, The Musical!"
- Production dates ongoing in NYC; seeking talent who can commit to participating in at least two events/month.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in New York, NY
Cherub Improv, a not-for-profit volunteer comedy troupe, is seeking to expand its company. Based in NYC, Cherub Improv partners with cancer support organizations such as Gilda's Club and Hope Lodge of the American Cancer Society, senior homes such Kittay House in the Bronx, children's runaway and homeless shelters such as ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 20. Previews begin Nov. 14; runs Nov. 19-Dec. 14 (no performance Thanksgiving Day) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in New York, NY
Casting "On A Stool At The End Of The Bar."
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 31 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "This is the Week That Is," written and performed by the This is the Week That Is ensemble.
- Rehearses Saturdays (10 a.m.-2 p.m.) in the Korea Town area of L.A. Note: Some extra evening rehearsals will be added in the week leading to a performance.
- Auditions: Sep 5, 6 in Los Angeles, CA
Director Jonas Sills is proud to announce auditions for the second full season of the Los Angeles Musical Theater Youth Chorus (LAMTYC) . Company states: "This chorus specializes in merging healthy choral singing, with the memorable classics of the Broadway stage. An ensemble of emerging youth professionals who will have ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 1 (Monday to Thursday evenings, Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Sunday TBA); runs Nov. 7-23 at the Box Theater in downtown Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Riverside, CA
Casting "Assassins," Stephen Sondheim's Tony-Award winning musical that toys with space and time as it gathers characters from different stages of American history that have assassinated, or attempted to assassinate, presidents of the United States. A study of history and musical styles mixed with levity, suspense and beautiful songs.
- Rehearses and shoots Fall-Winter 2014 in Palm Beach County, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in West Palm Beach, FL
Casting "End of Nights." Synopsis: "Katya, a recently re-ensouled vampire with a brutally vicious past, now struggles with the burden of guilt on her soul for the thousands of lives she has violently destroyed over the centuries. She spends her nights trying to balance the scales and achieve redemption by ...