- Rehearses Sept. 8-Nov. 13 (weekdays 7:30-10 p.m.); runs Nov. 14-Dec. 14 (Thurs.-Sat., 8 p.m. and Sundays 2 p.m.) at the Conejo Players Theatre in Thousand Oaks, CA. Note: No performance Nov. 27.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1, 2 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Shrek: The Musical." Synopsis: "Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film that started it all, 'Shrek: The Musical' brings the hilarious story of everyone's favorite ogre to dazzling new life on the stage. In a faraway kingdom turned upside down, things get ugly when an unseemly ogre -- not a ...
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14 (Tues. & Thu. evenings and Sat. mornings); runs Nov. 29 & 30 and Dec. 6, 7, 13, & 14 (Sat. & Sun. at 3 p.m.) in CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Chatsworth, CA
Casting "Scrooge, The Musical," a one-act musical.
- Rehearsals begin mid-September (nights & weekends); performs Oct. 30 & 31, with possible extension to Nov. 1 (Halloween weekend), in Metuchen, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Metuchen, NJ
Casting "Blithe Spirit." Artistic director states: "We are a brand-new theater company and this is our second production. We aim to create a new kind of community theater, one geared towards ensemble-based theater education and lesser-known, family-friendly works, and we have a great deal of support from the town in ...
- Rehearsals begin Sep. 13 (Mon.-Thu. 6:30-9 p.m.; Sat., 1-6 p.m.; Sun., 5:30-9 p.m.; runs Nov. 8-Dec. 14, 2 p.m. in Santa Monica). Company states: "Actors are not called for all rehearsals. Sat. & Sun. are primarily dance, therefore actors with consistent conflicts on those days will probably not be cast.We are going to be very strict with conflicts this year. Actors must be available for all performances, including Thanksgiving weekend."
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Santa Monica, CA
Casting "White Christmas," with music & lyrics by Irving Berlin and book by David Ives and Paul Blake, based on the classic movie.
- Rehearses Oct. 12 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.), Nov. 28 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 29 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 30 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 6 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 7 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 8 (4-10 p.m.), and Dec. 9 (4-10 p.m.). Tech/dress rehearsals are Dec. 10 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 11 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 12 (3-6 p.m.), and Dec. 13 (3-6 p.m.). Runs Dec. 12-21. Rehearses and performs at the Summit Playhouse in Summit, NJ, within walking distance of the NJ Transit station.
- Auditions: Sep 7 in New York, NY and Sep 8 in Summit, NJ
Casting "The Hundred Dresses." Synopsis: Wanda Petronski lives way up in a shabby house in Boggins Heights, and she doesn't have any friends. Every day she wears a faded blue dress, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if she didn't tell her classmates that she had a hundred ...
- Rehearsals begin the fourth week of September and are generally scheduled for two-three evenings/week, Mon.-Fri., based on actor availability; performs Nov. 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, and 22 (Thurs. at 7:30 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Clarkston, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in Clarkston, MI
Casting "Fool for Love," a dark drama with adult themes by award-winning playwright Sam Shepard. Synopsis: The scene is a stark motel room at the edge of the Mojave Desert. May, a disheveled young woman, sits dejectedly on a rumpled bed while Eddie, a rough-spoken rodeo performer, crouches in a ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Fort Myers, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in New York, NY
Casting Florida Repertory Theatre 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" (Christopher Durang, writer; Robert Cacioppo, dir.; Rehearsals begin Oct. 7; runs Oct. 28-Nov. 19 with possible extension to Nov. 23); "Tribes" (Nina Raine, writer; Chris Clavelli, dir.; Rehearsals begin Oct. 14; runs Nov. 5-30); "One ...
- Rehearses Sundays, 9 a.m.-noon, beginning September 21 in Chicago, IL. Company class runs one- and a half hours per week. There will be one show in late November 2014, with other shows January 29-February 28, May 28-June 7, and September 10-20, 2015.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Chicago, IL
Tapman Productions is casting its 2014-15 season. Project description: "The Tapmen are the resident performance ensemble of Tapman Productions, LLC, a Chicago-based production company."
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14 (Sun. afternoons and Mon.-Thurs. eves.); runs Oct. 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, Nov. 1 & 2 at The Barrow Mansion, 83 Wayne St., Jersey City, NJ (two blocks from the Grove St. PATH station).
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9 in Jersey City, NJ
Casting and seeking stage crew for "Blithe Spirit," an "improbable farce" about love, marriage and the afterlife. Synopsis: The novelist, Charles Condomine, invites an eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his dinner party, in order to provide material for his upcoming book. Unfortunately, she conjures up the ghost of his first ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 20 (weekday eves. and weekends during the day); runs Nov. 6-17 at Romita Auditorium, College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Pl., New Rochelle, NY (30 minutes from Grand Central Terminal via Metro-North).
- Auditions: Sep 11, 13 in New Rochelle, NY
Casting "Nine," the musical, with book by Arthur Kopit and music by Maury Yeston.