- Season rehearses and runs in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 29, 30, 31 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for various roles in Playwrights Horizons' season. Season includes: "Bootycandy" (Robert O'Hara, writer-dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 1; runs Aug. 22-Oct. 26); "Grand Concourse" (Heidi Schreck, writer; Kip Fagan, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 16; runs Oct. 17, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015); "Pocatello" (Samuel D. Hunter, writer; Davis McCallum, dir. ...
- Season rehearses and runs in Montgomery, AL.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in Montgomery, AL
Casting Alabama Shakespeare Festival's upcoming 2014-15 season. Season includes: "A Christmas Carol" (Charles Dickens, writer; Geoffrey Sherman, dir.-adaptation. Rehearsals begin Oct. 28; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 24); "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" (Christopher Durang, writer; dir. TBA. Rehearsals begin Dec. 26, 2014; runs Jan. 23-May 15, 2015); "Alabama Story" ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 4; runs Sept. 26-Oct. 12 at Camino Real Playhouse, 31776 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Calamity Jane the Musical," the Southern California premiere production of the untold story of Calamity Jane. This Wild West show features original music by Larry Gatlin, Bishop, McBroom, and Nation. Producer states: "As the opening show of Camino Real Playhouse's 25th season, Calamity Jane will give the actors a ...
- Shoots Aug. 1-4, exact times TBD based on actor availability (must be available early mornings and evenings) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 30, 31 in New York, NY
Casting "What the Blind Girl Saw," an NYU student film. Synopsis: Fifteen-year-old Hitomi Murai lives with her older sister Kou in modern-day New York. Both are Japanese immigrants; Hitomi was born blind and left the country with her sister when she was five. She partakes in a revolutionary surgery to ...
- Shoots Aug. 4 in NYC (must be available for the full day) at various locations including the NYU Tisch building, Union Square Park, and an apartment in Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Jul 30 in New York City, NY
Casting “Sentience,” a short student film for NYU set in the near future in which the government has issued a new, mandatory medication for all humans in that conditions them to be totally apathetic in order to end the root of all human suffering: emotions. A young rebel named Alex ...
- Rehearsals begin late Aug./early Sept. 2014 (twice per week and progress to a more vigorous schedule as date gets closer to production); opens early 2015 in NYC. Note: Rehearsal showings will occur at 2 landmark points in the process.
- Auditions: Jul 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Savage Jaw," a new, explosive, devised dance-theater musical piece featuring the work of David Bowie and Arcade Fire. Actors involved will need to be able to both move and sing well. Casting personnel state: "We are casting 6-10 actors who are both excellent movers (dance training not required for ...
- Rehearsals for the workshop begin Aug. 4 and last one month in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Casting the first workshop of "CROSSF8," a revised English version of the acclaimed new Italian musical “Replay," nominated at the Broadwayworld.com awards for Best New Musical, Best Book, and Best Original Score. Synopsis: A gripping story in the lives of four New Yorkers will have everyone on the edge of ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 4; performances begin Sept. 4; runs Sept. 11-Oct. 5 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in New York, NY
Casting "Juárez: A Documentary Mythology." Synopsis: "More than two years in development. Over 200 hours of interview footage. Hundreds of conversations. Theater Mitu creates an artful portrait of a community in crisis and transformation. Gangs, cartels, corruption, NAFTA, femicide, the War on Drugs, fear, familial honor, mythology, and hope all ...
- Rehearsals for Halloween shows begin Aug. 31; runs Sept. 12-Oct. 26 (to perform 4-6 times a day over the weekends) in Williamsburg, VA.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 2, in Salt Lake City, UT
Busch Gardens Entertainment with the support of Bob Cline Casting is happy to announce auditions for the 2014 fall season for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Company states: "The award-winning Busch Gardens takes great pride and care in the direction the Entertainment department is headed. The new shows, with more to come, ...