- Rehearsals begin Sept. 8 (day times); tech period Sept. 29-Oct. 2; runs Oct. 3-30 (Sat. & Sun., 3:30 p.m.) at Marjorie Dean Little Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in New York, NY
Casting "Fashion Academy, the Musical" (based on the popular book series by the same name), from Vital Theatre Company, the producers of "Angelina Ballerina! The Musical" and "Pinkalicious! The Musical." Seeking a cast of strong actor/singers with spunk, charm, and brilliant comedic timing. Synopsis: Fashion-forward MacKenzie "Mickey" Williams is thrilled ...
- Season runs Dec. 28, 2015-Dec. 30, 2016 in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Seattle, WA
Casting the Taproot Theatre Company's 2016 season. Season includes "Silent Sky" (Rehearsal begins Dec. 28; runs Jan. 29-Feb. 27, 2016 with a possible extension through Mar. 5); "Cotton Patch Gospel" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 15, 2016; runs Mar. 25-Apr. 23 with a possible extension through May 28); "The Realization of Emily ...
- These are national tours. "From the Mixed-Up Files..." rehearsals begin Sept. 15; tours until Dec. 13. "Dog Loves Books" rehearsals begin Sept. 14; tours until Dec. 13. "Madeline and the Bad Hat" rehearsals begin Sept. 29; tours until Dec. 20. Note: The tour of “Madeline” will fly to Alaska for nine days in Dec.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1, 2 in New York, NY
Casting three musicals for the 2015 fall touring season for ArtsPower National Touring Theatre, in its thirtieth year as a touring theater company for young and family audiences. The three shows are: “From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler," a musical based on the book by E. L. ...
- Runs in Coral Gables, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Coral Gables, FL
Casting GableStage's 2015-16 season. Season includes "Constellations," (Nick Payne, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 25; runs Nov. 21-Dec. 20); "It's Only a Play," (Terrence McNally, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 29; runs Jan. 23-Feb. 21); "A Minister's Wife," (Joshua Schmidt & Jan Tranen, music; adapted by Austin Pendleton from George Bernard Shaw's ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2 in Minneapolis, MN
Casting the Children's Theatre Company's 2015-2016 50th Anniversary Season. Season includes "Akeelah and the Bee" (Runs Sept. 4-Oct. 11 at CTC and Nov. 7-Dec. 27 at the Arena Stage in DC); "The Jungle Book" (Runs Sept. 29-Dec. 6); "The Wizard of Oz" (Runs Nov. 3, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016); "Snowy Day" ...
- Rehearsals begin approx. Sept. 28 in NYC; Tour begins preview Oct. 29; runs on tour Nov. 18-Dec. 27.
- Auditions: Sep 8, in New York, NY
Casting a nonunion tour of "A Christmas Story, the Musical!" This classic holiday tale centers on a mischievous, bespectacled boy, Ralphie, who dreams of getting a BB-gun for Christmas. In the weeks before the big holiday, Ralphie, his friends, and his family get into all kinds of situations, including run-ins ...
- Rehearses Sept. 19-27 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.); presentations Sept. 27-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Orange Star Dinner Show," a country western musical farce about a family-run dinner theater ready to implode. Casting Director states: "This is not an exaggerated, 'country bumpkin' type musical. We’re interested in nuanced clown work and Commedia archetypes. The songs are comical, country pop/rock. Solid song and dance chops. ...
- Season rehearses and performs in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting Philadelphia Theatre Company's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Disgraced" (Ayad Akhtar, writer; Mary B. Robinson, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 9-Nov. 8); Ken Ludwig's "Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery' (Amanda Dehnert, dir. Rehearsals begin Nov. 3; runs Nov. 27-Dec. 27); "Exit Strategy" a co-production with Primary Stages (Ike ...
- Rehearses 4:30-6:30 p.m. day of show; shows run Sept. 15, 21, 29, Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 18, 24, Dec. 2, 8, 15, 22, 7p.m. at Don't Tell Mama in NYC. Nite: Each singer starts with one date.
- Auditions: Sep 9, 11, 15, 21, 29 in New York, NY
Seeking talent for weekly fall talent showcases at Don’t Tell Mama. Company states: "2014 BroadwayWorld Cabaret Award-nominee Seth Bisen-Hersh is currently looking for musical theater performers who want more exposure and experience in front of a live audience. Performers sing 2 songs and do patter in between. Videos are available ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 27 (four per week) in Fort Greene, Brooklyn; tech rehearsals Oct. 27-29; runs Oct. 30-Nov. 8 (10 performances) at The New Ohio Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 10 in New York, NY
Casting "The Incredible Fox Sisters" by Jaclyn Backhaus, the latest theater work from Live Source, a multidisciplinary performance ensemble. Synopsis: "The Incredible Fox Sisters" follows the true story of Maggie and Kate Fox, two young New York girls who in the 1800s became international celebrities by convincing the world they ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 19 (weekday eves. and weekend days; other times possible, but only if actors' schedules permit); runs Oct. 24-Nov. 8 (Thurs.-Sun.) at Gallery Players, 199 14th St., Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 10 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Piano Lesson" by August Wilson. Producer states: "This is a production of The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's premiere off-off Broadway theater." All roles open.
- Rehearses Sept. 29-Nov. 3; runs Nov. 4-14 at Walnut Street Theatre, Studio 5, 825 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting Underbite Theatre Company's production of "Would You Still Love Me, If?," a new play by John S. Anastasi exploring gender identity and the challenges of gender transitioning. Seeking four strong women for this topical play. Synopsis: Danya and Addison are caring, intelligent people who are also lesbian lovers. They ...