- Rehearses Apr. 6-June 4; tech rehearsals June 6-11; runs June 12-27 (Fri., Sat., & Sun. at 8 p.m.) at Ophelia Theater, 20-12 30th Rd., Astoria, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in Astoria, NY
Seeking submissions from non-Equity actors for “Floyd Collins," a musical for Ophelia Theatre Group's “Agents of Fortune” season. Synopsis: In 1925, while chasing a dream of fame and fortune by turning a Kentucky cave into a tourist attraction, Floyd Collins himself became the attraction when he got trapped 200 feet ...
- Shoot dates TBD in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in Carson, CA
Casting a "driving under the influence" PSA. Concept: This story first takes place at the outside of a bar where we see two friends making their way outside, just after a good night out. As they walk out we clearly see that one of the guys (Gerald), is stumbling around, ...
- Readthrough March 31 (7 p.m.); rehearses weekday evenings; performs May 7-17 (Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) in Tampa, FL. Note: Ten performances total.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in Tampa, FL
NXT Theatrics announces auditions for Ira Levin's play "Veronica's Room." "This chilling mystery thriller by the author of 'Rosemary's Baby' explores the thin line between fantasy and reality, madness, and murder. Students Susan and Larry find themselves as guests enticed to the Brabissant mansion by it's dissolute caretakers the lonely ...
- Rehearsals TBD at Cap21 in Chelsea; performs April 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in New York, NY
Casting the April staged reading of "The Break In," a new comedy.
- Shooting April 27-May 22, in Halifax County, VA.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Charlottesville, VA
Casting the Hickory Films feature film, "Josephine." Project description: "a low budget feature film."
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; runs Sept. 11-Oct. 11 in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Boston, MA
Casting "A Little Night Music" set in Sweden during the turn of the 20th century with book by Hugh Wheeler and music & lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 27; runs May 22-Sept 6 in Dells, WI.
- Auditions: Mar 30, in New York, NY and Mar 30, in New York, NY and Mar 31, in New York, NY and Mar 31, in New York, NY
Casting "The Little Mermaid."
- There will be a six-day developmental workshop (June 22-27) with one reading in Memphis, TN. It is being presented by Theatrical Rights Worldwide in partnership with Tennessee Shakespeare Company and the University of Memphis.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Midsummer Night" composed by Brendan Milburn and Valerie Vigoda ("Striking 12," "Sleeping Beauty Wakes") is a rollicking rethinking of "A Midsummer Nights Dream" set in a rock festival. Rock stars Titania and Oberon quarrel, rock assistant Puck creates havoc and roadie Bottom gets a chance to shine. Live music, ...
- Rehearses Apr. 16-19; runs Apr. 20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 30, in New York, NY and Mar 30, in New York, NY
Casting "I'll Be Seeking You," a musical stage reading based on a true story.
- Film shoots mid-April (not all cast members will be involved in the shoot); rehearsals begin week of Apr. 19 (Tues., Wed., & Thurs. nights); opens late July (exact dates TBD) and runs for four weekends in Montebello, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 3 in Montebello, CA
Casting a version of "Julius Caesar," a play. Concept: Set in the future, where Los Angeles and the world have been ravaged by apocalyptic natural disasters, Los Angeles has broken off and become its own functioning dystopian society. Julius Caesar, hero of the most recent war, with his newfound popularity ...
- Performances run July 10-August 16, at Lakewood Center for the Arts in Lake Oswego, OR.
- Auditions: Apr 4, 6 in Lake Oswego, OR and Apr 4, 6 in Lake Oswego, OR
Casting the play, "Unnecessary Farce." Project description: "In a cheap motel room, an embezzling mayor is supposed to meet with his female accountant, while in the room next door, two undercover cops wait to catch the meeting on videotape. But there's some confusion as to who's in which room."
- Flexible shoot dates from late March-June; will shoot on location and in private residences for "talking head" interviews, in Houston, TX. Shoots scenes at ComicPalooza in May and a Japanese festival in April.
- Auditions: Apr 4 in Houston, TX
Casting "Melting Pot," a mockumentary (a fictional parody told documentary-style). Note that the mockumentary will be playing with stereotypes and ideas of political correctness by assigning each character a food that metaphorically represents him or her and discussing how s/he fits into the "melting pot." Synopsis: "Melting Pot" will feature ...
- Rehearses May 25-June 17; runs June 17-July 12 at the Alexis and Jim Pugh Theater at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in Orlando, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 7, 8 in Orlando, FL and Apr 7, 8 in Orlando, FL
Casting "The Flick", a Pulitzer Prize winning play about three underpaid employees in a rundown movie theater in central MA, who mop the floors and attend to one of the last 35 millimeter film projectors in the state. Their tiny battles and not-so-tiny heartbreaks play out in the empty aisles, ...
- Rehearses Apr. 13-May 13 in Atlantic City, NJ; runs May 14-16 in Vineland, NJ and May 20-June 14 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 7, 8 in Atlantic City, NJ and Apr 7, 8 in Atlantic City, NJ
Seeking magician's assistants and stage staff and crew for "Matt Cadabra: Magic and Dreams," a grand-illusion magic show featuring ventriloquism, animatronics, Broadway/Family style singing, and escape stunts.
- Rehearsals begin June 2015; first performance July 13; opens Aug. 6 on Broadway.
- Auditions: Apr 7, in New York, NY and Apr 7, in New York, NY
Casting "Hamilton," a musical headed to Broadway.
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 20; runs June 6-July 12, Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles Ave., Simi Valley, CA 93065.
- Auditions: Apr 7, 8 in Simi Valley, CA and Apr 7, 8 in Simi Valley, CA
Casting "Into the Woods," a musical with a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales in a musical format that follows the classic tales of "Cinderella," "Little Red Riding Hood," "Jack and the Beanstalk," and "Rapunzel," all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his ...