- Season runs Aug. 2014-Feb. 2015 in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Apr 24, 25 in Chicago, IL
The Actors Theatre of Louisville is casting its 2014 season. Shows include: "Dracula" (Bill McNulty, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 21-Oct. 13); "A Christmas Carol" (Drew Fracher, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 29; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 23); and "The Brothers Size" (Tarell Alvin McCraney, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 9, ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 26; runs Sept. 23-Nov. 1 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 25 in New York, NY
Casting "While I Yet Live," a new show that explores coming of age in Pittsburgh amongst a bevy of fascinating and strong-willed women.
- Shoots Nov. 11-Dec. 11 in Jim Thorpe, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 26 in New York, NY
Casting "Funny the Movie."
- Rehearsals begin in May. Performances run July 18-August 2 in Buckingham, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Doylestown, PA
Casting Meredith Willson's Tony award winning Broadway classic, "The Music Man." Project Description: "A musical about con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band leader and sells instruments and uniforms to naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the new band members."
- Rehearses spring-summer in NYC; shoots late July.
- Auditions: Apr 28 in Manhattan, NY
Casting "White Roses in the Dark," a short film project with the objective of raising budget for a feature film. It will be a short version of the main character's relationship showing how the spiritual guide, Gipsy, manipulates Carol through her lover's body. Synopsis: Carol is a party girl that ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 30; runs Oct. 29-Dec. 7 (with a possible extension through Dec. 21 at the Lucille Lortel Theatre) in NY.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Punk Rock" by Simon Stephens.
- Rehearsals begin early June in Lake Forest, CA (two to three weeknights/wk., with weekend rehearsal closer to opening); runs Aug. 1-3 at the Cabrillo Playhouse in San Clemente, CA.
- Auditions: May 2 in Irvine, CA
Casting scenes from "Orpheus Descending." Synopsis: A handsome young drifter comes to a small narrow-minded southern town in 1950 and falls in love with and tries to rescue a middle-aged Latin woman after years of abuse from her racist husband.
- Season runs Aug. 2014-May 2015 in Pawtucket, RI.
- Auditions: May 2, 4 in Pawtucket, RI
Casting The Gamm 2014-15 season. Shows include: "Grounded" (George Brant, writer; Judith Swift, dir. Rehearsals begin Aug. 19; runs Sept. 4-28); "Hedda Gabler" (Henrik Ibsen, writer; Tony Estrella, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Oct. 23-Nov. 30); "Morality Play" (Tony Estrella, adaptation; Barry Unsworth, novel; Tyler Doborowsky, dir. Rehearsals begin ...
- Rehearses May 21-June 26. Performances run June 27-28, in New Orleans, LA. All other location info will be released at a later time.
- Auditions: May 3 in New Orleans, LA
Casting for "Behind My Enemy's Eyes," a stage play set in Afghanistan during 2007, highlighting the challenges faced by soldiers on both sides of this battle.
- Rehearsals will begin after casting; performances are ongoing in Buena Park, CA.
- Auditions: May 3 in Buena Park, CA
Casting a Pirates Dinner Adventure, a fast paced, exciting, unique musical stunt show that performs 365 days of the year. Seeking fast learners, strong vocalists, and actors with physicality and ability to work together.
- Shoots May 17 and July-August in NY, NJ, and PA.
- Auditions: May 3, 10 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Good Blonde," in which two strangers meet on the road and travel together across country, both chasing a dream while running from their past. Lack of sleep causes delusions, intersecting dreams reveal internal struggle, and neglected wounds leave emotions raw.
- Development/workshop June 22-July 15 in Gainesville, Florida. Tech rehearsal Aug. 25-Sept. 7 in Tempe, AZ; runs Sept. 8-13 in Austin, TX, then tours nationally Sept. 15-Nov. 22 (premieres Nov. 10-16 in NYC; New York dates may be staffed by a different cast & crew than the national tour), with additional tour dates in March 2015.
- Auditions: May 5 in New York, NY
En Garde Arts, a not-for-profit organization (formerly called En Garde Productions), is casting "Basetrack," a multi-media theatrical event depicting the stories of Marines who served in the war in Afghanistan.
- Rehearsals begin on/after June 7 depending upon individual show schedules (TBD); performances take place between July 7-27 as part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival in NYC. Note: All shows are full productions.
- Auditions: May 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Madame Infamy." Synopsis: "Madame Infamy" tells the story of Marie Antoinette, last Queen of France, and Sally Hemings, the American slave known for her intimate ties to President Thomas Jefferson. Though their circumstances could not be more different, their paths are parallel and footsteps intersect as they navigate the ...
- Read through may 27; rehearsals begin July 22-Aug. 6; runs Aug. 7-8 & 10 at Cabrini Rep Tehatre.
- Auditions: May 6 in New York, NY
Casting “If the Pink Pump Fits!” A comical yet moving up-to-date untold fairy tale billed as a Gay "Cinderella" story, dealing with equality, bullying and breaking outta the closet! Playwright states: "It will be presented at The Thespis Festival, UWS Manhattan at Cabrini Rep Theatre."
- Rehearsals begin approx. Sept. 22. Previews begin approx. Oct. 17; runs approx. Nov. 13-Jan. 18, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: May 7 in New York, NY
Casting "The Elephant Man."
- Competition begins in May on Wednesdays at The West End Cabaret on the Upper West Side.
- Auditions: May 7 in New York, NY
Seeking contestants for the new season of "So You Think You Can Belt!" - an 8-week singing competition from the producers of "Bound for Broadway," "Bitter Bitches," and "N.E.W. Musicals." Producer states: "SYTYCB is quickly becoming the best competition in town; join us for awesome cash prizes, free drinks, giveaways ...
- Rehearsals begin the first week of June in El Cajon, CA; runs July 18-20, 25-27, & Aug. 1-3 at The Ocean Beach Playhouse.
- Auditions: May 8, 9 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Sheila A Musical." Production states: "'Sheila' is an original, award-winning, musical comedy in the spirit of films such as "American Pie" with a contemporary score. This will be the first production in San Diego."
- Rehearsals begin early July. Show runs August 14-23 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bachelorette," a play. Project description: "Three friends are asked to be bridesmaids at a wedding of a woman they used to ridicule back in high school."
- Rehearsals will begin in June. Opens August 22 opening in Norristown, PA.
- Auditions: May 12, 13 in Norristown, PA
Casting the Broadway musical, "Man of La Mancha." Project Description: "Based on Miguel de Cervantes' 17th century masterpiece,'Don Quixote,' it tells the story of the mad knight, Don Quixote, as a play within a play, performed by Cervantes and his fellow prisoners as he awaits a hearing with the Spanish ...