- Rehearsal begins Sept. 29; runs Nov. 7-15 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Culver City, CA
Casting "Romeo and Juliet," a modern adaptation of the Shakespeare play that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, delving into the most primary feelings of sexuality, lust, and desire — and the roots of programmed ideas and feelings about love, God, and life.Sep 07
- Season rehearses and runs in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Auditions: Sep 23, 24, in New York, NY
Seeking actors for The Palace Theatre 2014-15 Season. Season includes "All Shook Up" (Runs Oct. 31-Nov. 15); "A Christmas Carol" (Runs Dec. 5-21); and "Mid-Life! The Crisis Musical" (Runs Jan. 16-31, 2015).Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin around Oct. 20 (weeknights and occasional weekends); actors cast in both productions will rehearse five-six times/wk.; actors cast in only "Two Gents" will rehearse two-four times/wk.; tech rehearsal Dec. 1 & 2; runs Dec. 3-14 with alternating eve. shows, plus Sat & Sun. matinees, in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY
Casting Neil LaBute's "reasons to be pretty" and William Shakespeare's "Two Gentlemen of Verona." Directors state: "Spice Witch Productions explors themes of gender and identity by pairing classical and contemporary works together in rep. This season will focus on beauty and appearance. SWP plans on double casting the four characters ...Sep 09
- First read-through Oct. 11 (eve.); rehearsals begin Oct. 13 (weekday eves. and Sat. during the day); runs Nov. 18-23 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 26, 27 in New York, NY
Casting a ten-person ensemble for "Romeo & Juliet." No roles are gender- or race-specified except that the roles of Romeo and Juliet will be cast as female. Director states: "This rehearsal process will be highly physical. Both the Viewpoints and Suzuki Techniques will be incorporated and it will be paramount ...Sep 09
- Deadline to submit is Dec. 24. Festival runs from Jan. 5-Apr. 15, 2015 in NYC. Founder states: "Shows perform at prime performance times, not Tuesdays at 11 a.m. or Fridays at midnight."
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Seeking submissions for the Venus/Adonis Theater Festival 2015. All genres of shows are welcome. If a show has already had a run (in theaters or other festivals), writers may still submit, but only with a completely new cast and crew, and the show must have had no run after the ...Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin asap in NYC; performances TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Day of the Girl at the United Nations." Executive Director states: "Are you passionate about girls' issues globally? We are looking for a dynamic, diverse ensemble of girls (ages 13-18) to perform an original, inspiring performance text that includes poetry, monologues, songs, and stories written by girls from more ...Sep 09
- Performances run this November, in South Salt Lake City, UT.
- Seeking submissions from: South Salt Lake, UT
Casting "Rapunzel," a drama/romance with comedic moments and a minimal set.Sep 09
- Rehearses Sept. 29th - Nov. 6th. Weekday rehearsals 6:00-10:00pm. Weekend rehearsals TBD. Show performances: Friday, November 7 @ 8:00, Saturday, November 8 @ 4:00 & 8:00, Sunday November 9 @ 2:00. Friday November 14 @ 8:00, Saturday November 15 @ 4:00 & 8:00, Sunday November 16 @ 2:00. 8 Shows total Rehearsals at RWHC Studios @ 2005 1st Street, LA, CA (Boyle Heights) Rehearsals & Performances at Little CASA Theater 2009 1st Street, LA, CA (Boyle Heights)
- Auditions: Sep 18 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Clean Start." Synopsis: "Parker Reed, a Beverly Hills socialite loses her fortune when her husband is arrested for illegal dealings. Finding herself homeless, Parker moves in with her loyal Latina maid named Rosario Rodriguez who lives with her traditional Mexican mother and party-loving sister in East L.A. Rosario’s mother ...Sep 09
- Performances run in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 27 in Oakland, CA
Casting "The Dinner Detective" an interactive, improv murder mystery dinner show set in modern day.Sep 08
- Performances run July 10-26, 2015, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "The Desk Set" a "1955 romantic comedy about four women who make up the research department of a 1950's New York-based television station. The story revolves around what happens when new technology (in the form of a ridiculously silly computer system the size of a wall) is introduced into ...Sep 08
- Rehearsals begin January 2015; opens Mar. 5, 2015 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 7 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the comic drama "Hilarity." Production description: "A down on her luck comedian tries to get it together while meddling in, and potentially ruining, the life of the one person who watches over her."Sep 08
- Runs Fall 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new members for an improvisational and sketch comedy theater (think "Saturday Night Live" or "In Living Color"). Producer states: "We provide customized instruction and industry exposure. Preparation. Opportunity. Support. Successful applicants join the company's prestigious IN Studios Conservatory, where they will receive six months of improvisation classes at a ...Sep 08