- Rehearsals begin this Dec.; runs Jan. 29-Feb. 22, in Los Altos, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Los Altos, CA
Casting the play "Maple And Vine." Production description: Retro attitudes about gender, race, and sexuality are thrust into a modern world. When the fast-paced demands of modern society become unbearable, successful couple Katha and Ryu escape to a community of 1950's re-enactors, forsaking cell phones and sushi for cigarettes and ...Aug 13
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 22 (Fri. at 7:30 p.m., Sat & Sun. at 3 p.m., one-two weekly 10:30 a.m. performances) in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Boston, MA
Casting "Pinocchio," adapted by Steven Bogart and Wendy Lement from the novel "The Adventures of Pinocchio" by Carlo Collodi. This adaptation is set in Japan, utilizing live actors and traditional Bunraku puppetry. Theater states: "Colorful casting has been a WFT policy for 30 years."Aug 13
- Runs Oct. 11, 12-5 p.m. & Oct. 12, 5-10 p.m. at IATI Theater in NYC. One spot available for Sept. 13, 12-5 p.m. & Sept. 14, 5-10 p.m.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for Shakespeare Without Fear, a classical scene-study workshop. Coordinator states: "We are casting scenes for an intensive 10-hour workshop. Whether you are new to classical theater or simply need to brush up your skills, the Shakespeare Without Fear workshop is for you. Spend two days examining multiple Shakespearean ...Aug 13
- Rehearsals scheduled per production; performances run at The Public House Theatre, 3914 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting the core ensemble for The Public House Theatre 2014-15 season. Shows include "Bye Bye Liver" and "Game of Mobile Homes." About "Bye Bye Liver": Now in its 7th year running in Chicago, "Bye Bye Liver" distills the best and worst of the bars into 75-min of booze-culture themed sketches. ...Aug 13
- Rehearses Saturdays (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; performs Oct. 25, 2014.
- Auditions: Aug 30 in Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for "The Unconventional Conventionalists," Long Island's premier "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadowcast.Aug 13
- Rehearses Tues, Wed, Thurs evenings 7-10 p.m. and several Saturdays and/or Sundays beginning Sept. 13; runs Oct. 24-26 & 31 and Nov. 1-2, 7, 8, 9 at the Beaumont Women's Club, 306 E. 6th. St., in Beaumont, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Beaumont, CA
Casting "Blithe Spirit," a comedic classic about fussy, cantankerous novelist Charles Condomine, re-married but haunted (literally) by the ghost of his late first wife, the clever and insistent Elvira who is called up by a visiting “Happy Medium." As the personalities clash, Charles’ current wife Ruth is accidentally killed, “passes ...Aug 12
- Runs Oct. 18 in NY.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Worth the Wait," a play about teen sexuality, the dangers of irresponsible sexual encounters, unplanned pregnancies, and the risks of contracting the HIV/AIDS virus.Aug 12
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning September 29. Runs November 6-16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Project description: Prospero, a magician, lives on a desolate isle with his virginal daughter, Miranda. He's in exile, banished by his usurping brother and the King of Naples. Providence brings his enemies near, and aided by the spirit Ariel, Prospero conjures a tempest to wreck the ...Aug 12
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability; performances begin mid-Sept. 2014 on Fri. in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Night of the Vampire," a play about a clan of vampires who have taken over a theater and must survive a night where they are confronted with an attack from human slayers as well as a visit from the original Dark Lord.Aug 12