- Rehearsals begin Aug. 3 (minimal evening and/or weekend rehearsals); runs Sept. 10-13 at the Corner Office Theater in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting adult actors and actresses between the ages of 18 and 65 for the AlphaNYC Theater Company’s off-off Broadway production of "Salomé" by Oscar Wilde. Synopsis: Oscar Wilde's "Salome" is a one-act play based on a story from the Bible. It tells the tragic story of Salome, King Herod's stepdaughter. ...Jul 16
- Rehearses Saturdays (10 a.m.-5 p.m.) at Grant Cornerstone, 1301 Amsterdam Avenue (between 124th and 123rd.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 22, Sep 19 in New York, NY
Seeking participants for IMPACT Repertory Theatre, a Harlem-based, award-winning youth theater company that views leadership training and the performing arts as a way to develop oneself and change the world in a positive way. Director of admissions states: "We develop actors, dancers, rappers, singers, poets, and writers to create original ...Jul 15
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 18; previews begin Oct. 17; runs Oct. 22-Nov. 14 in Cincinnati, OH.
- Auditions: Aug 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Mad River Rising," a play by Dana Yeaton. Synopsis: "Mad River Rising" is a drama about an 85-year-old man who escapes from his nursing home and is discovered hiding in the hayloft of the family farm the week before it goes to auction. His grandson and daughter-in-law try to ...Jul 15
- Plays in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting ShawChicago's 2015-16 season. Season includes staged readings of "Geneva," (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 5-28), "Private Lives," (Rehearsals Nov. 9; runs Nov. 21-Dec. 16), and "You Can Never Tell" (Rehearsals begin Feb. 22, 2016; runs Mar. 5-28, 2016).Jul 15
- Rehearses Feb. 8, 2016; runs Mar. 3-27, 2016 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Aug 13 in Minneapolis, MN
Casting "DJ Latinidad's Latino Dance Party."Jul 15
- Rehearsals will be held around the company's work schedules (often rehearses mornings or Sat.) in TriBeCa, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Casting Open Work's monthly new play series.Jul 15
- Rehearses three times/wk. and may increase closer to performances; performance dates are Sept. 5 (8 p.m.), Sept. 6 (5 p.m.), Sept. 7 (6:30 p.m.), Sept. 8 (6:30 p.m.), and Sept. 9 (9 p.m.) at The Producers Club on 42nd St., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Waitin for the G," a one-hour one-act play with four actors to be performed as part of the New Theater's "Dream Up Festival." Synopsis: The play takes place entirely in a "G" train subway station. It is a short commentary on man's modern state as he ponders the meaning ...Jul 15
- Rehearsal will start the first week of September in Arlington, VA and be weekly for eight weeks. The Charm City Fringe Festival runs November 8-15 in Baltimore, MD.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC; Northern Virginia, VA
Casting "Fatherland," a dramatic play to be performed at the Charm City Festival in Baltimore, MD. Synopsis: The play concerns the quiet desperation of a German-American family on the eve of World War II. Some family members remain loyal to America the homeland, but others are also proud of the ...Jul 15
- Rehearses start in August. Production will run late September, Early October.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Bastards in the Pulpit," a stage production created from the actual book itself which exposes the reality of "preachers" who have no legitimate relationship with God. In their deeds they show themselves unchanged, without chastisement and therefore illegitimate, or as the Bible itself calls them; bastards and not sons. ...Jul 14
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 20, 2016; previews begin Feb. 24; runs Feb. 26-Apr. 3 in Milwaukee, WI.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Invisible Hand," a play written by 2013 Pulitzer Prize winner for Drama Ayad Akhtar. Synopsis: "The Invisible Hand" follows Nick Bright, an American investment banker, who is kidnapped in Pakistan, where his captors demand he raise his ransom by trading in the financial markets. In teaching his captors ...Jul 14
- Rehearsal schedule is flexible based on performer schedule. This is a continuing performance opportunity that occurs on an irregular schedule that coincides with special events and guided tours of the Walter Cronkite Memorial on the campus of Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, MO.
- Auditions: Aug 1 in Kansas City, MO and Aug 2 in St. Joseph, MO
Casting an Equity actor to portray President Harry S. Truman in the multi-media new play "Harry and Walter: Missouri's Native Sons." The play will be performed at the Walter Cronkite Memorial in St. Joseph, MO on an irregular schedule that coincides with special events and guided tours of the Memorial. ...Jul 14
- Performances are held year-round in the Phoenix, AZ area.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in Phoenix, AZ
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murdery Mystery Company in Phoenix, AZ. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun ...Jul 14
- Reading date TBD via Skype (computer and microphone/headphones required).
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors for a reading of a play via Skype. Synopsis: The play is tragicomedy set in an "American Idol"-like singing competition. When a jilted contestant turns the tables on the judges of a television singing competition and takes them hostage, just how far will we go in the name ...Jul 14