- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11, 2014; runs Dec. 11, 2014-Jan. 18, 2015 with possible extension at the Linda Gross Theater in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 1 in New York, NY
Casting "Dying for it."Sep 10
- Reading series runs Nov. 2, 3, 9, & 10 at Joria Stages, 260 W. 36th St., 3rd Flr., NYC. Playwrights must stay for the entire evening of their reading.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Now accepting submissions for Identity Theater's fourth reading series: "Self-Reflections." Seeking original works that focus on mental health and that explore the "gray" area of morals/ethics. The works can be of any length. Submissions are open to all. Coordinator states: "Identity Theater, 'Where Individuality Comes to PLAY,' is an innovative, ...Sep 10
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 4 (Mon.-Fri., 7-11 p.m. & Sat., 1-5 p.m.); runs Nov. 14-22 in Portland, OR. Note: Parade cast members will not be called to every rehearsal. Must be available for all performances and technical/dress rehearsals.
- Auditions: Oct 11 in Portland, OR
Casting "Far Away" by Caryl Churchill. Assistant director states: "Called 'the greatest living English playwright' by Tony Kushner, Caryl Churchill is a bold and brilliant writer who, in 'Far Away,' turns her attention to our world's increasingly accepted seemingly perpetual conflicts. A study of violence and love, 'Far Away' is ...Sep 09
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 27; runs Nov. 26-Dec. 28 in Charlotte, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: Charlotte, NC
Casting "The Great American Trailer Park," a play.Sep 09
- Training and observation Mar. 23-27, 2015; teaching Apr. 6-May 29, 2015, Mon.-Fri., 1-3:20 p.m. (two high-school drama classes that meet three times/wk., plus one junior high course that meets for three 45-min. periods/wk.) in Southern CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Burbank, CA; Canoga Park, CA; Sherman Oaks, CA; Encino, CA; Woodland Hills, CA; West Hills, CA; Studio City, CA
Discoveryonstage, a Southern California theater education company, is seeking a long-term substitute for a private school in the Western San Fernando Valley. Substitute drama teacher will cover both high school and junior high drama classes while the current teacher is on sabbatical. The ideal candidate will have both teaching and ...Sep 09
- Runs Oct. 17, 6:30–10:30 p.m. and Oct. 18, 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. at Atlantic Acting School, 76 9th Avenue, Suite 537, New York, NY 10011.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors for Atlantic Theatre Company's Director's Lab involving a table read followed by a casting workshop with Casting Director Todd Thaler, then a full day of exploring the creative process, technique, and the business of working on plays with Artistic Director Neil Pepe in a working rehearsal/lab format.Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 23, 2014; previews begin Jan. 16; runs Jan. 28-Feb. 15 with possible extension to Feb. 22, 2015 in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Oct 1 in New York, NY
Casting "The Second Girl." The time is 1912, the place is the summer home of the Tyrone family from "Long Day's Journey into Night."Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 12; runs Jan. 7-Feb. 1 in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: St. Louis, MO
Casting "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," a play based on the 1967 screenplay by William Rose.Sep 09
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 29; runs Nov. 7-15 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Culver City, CA
Casting "Romeo and Juliet," a modern adaptation of the Shakespeare play that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, delving into the most primary feelings of sexuality, lust, and desire — and the roots of programmed ideas and feelings about love, God, and life.Sep 07