- Rehearsals begin July 13 (Mon.-Fri., 7:30-10:30 p.m.); tech begins Aug. 23; runs Aug. 28-Sept. 19 (Thurs.-Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 5, 6, 7 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Psycho Beach Party," a play. Synopsis: "Psycho Beach Party" is an insanely fun romp on Malibu Beach in 1962--it's what happens when Gidget, Frankie & Annette, and Alfred Hitchcock are given a shotgun marriage. Teenage tomboy Chicklet Forrest desperately wants to be part of the surf crowd. The one ...Jun 01
- Rehearsals begin in January. Performances run Feb. 12-March 6, 2016, in El Cerrito, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in El Cerrito, CA
Casting "The Clean House" a romantic comedy about Matilde, a Brazilian cleaning woman who would rather be a comedian.May 30
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 1; runs Sept. 18-Oct. 18 in Sonora, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sonora, CA
Seeking submissions for "Always, Patsy Cline."May 28
- The reading will be held July 17 (8 p.m.) at the La Jolla Torrey Pines Hilton as a special event at the Dramatists Guild of America national conference. A rehearsal will be held earlier the same day.
- Seeking submissions from: San Diego, CA
Casting a staged reading of scenes from the new work "Somewhere I Can Scream" at the Dramatists Guild of America. Synopsis: "Somewhere I Can Scream" is a play based on the real-life 1920s murder investigation of the death of a female medical student at the hands of her college professor ...May 25
- Season runs May 12-Aug. 2in Winona, MN.
- Auditions: Jul 9, 16, 23 in Winona, MN
Casting Great River Shakespeare Festival's 2016 Summer Season.May 24
- Runs nationwide, through mid-summer and fall.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking short videos from performers about their biggest fails for Submittable's Fail Better Contest. Videos can be dramatizations, straight tellings, or anything else, as long as it's entertaining. For more info, visit https://failbetter.submittable.com/submit/.May 18
- Rehearses and runs Oct. 25 and April 2016 in Wayne, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Northern NJ, NJ; Tri-State, NY
Seeking playwrights and composers to participate in the 13th Annual NJPC Play Series (open to NJ residents only) and Musical Series (open to all in the northern NJ, tri-state region). The NJPC helps bring new playwrights and composers and their work into focus in the community, the region and the ...May 15
- Rehearsals have already begun and continue in July (weekday eves. at 6); performances are Sat. and Sun. July 18/19, 25/26, August 1/2 (6 p.m.) at the Westside Community Garden on W. 89th St., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for the 14th season of outdoor theater in the Westside Community Garden on West 89th Street in NYC. Looking for male to play Snout/Wall and several male/females for fairies in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (runs July 18-19, 25-26, & Aug. 1-2)May 15
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 3 in NYC; previews begin Aug. 26; closes Sept. 5 at The Brick Theater, Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 13 in New York, NY
Casting the New York Premiere of a popular contemporary German play, "Fireface." Synopsis: Pubescent siblings Kurt and Olga engage in a violent struggle to be seen, heard, and break free within the confines of a fractured family. Using only the weapons they possess, Kurt and Olga manipulate their sexual power ...May 14
- Rehearsals and productions run November 2015-October 2016, at The State Theater, in Olympia, WA.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Olympia, WA
Harlequin Productions is casting its 2015-2016 season, including "Stardust Christmas Dazzle," "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike," "Hedda Gabler," "The Language Archive," "The Last Five Years," "The Two Gentlemen of Verona," and a Summer musical.May 07
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 8; season closes May 22 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Seeking submissions from: Indianapolis, IN
Casting the Indiana Repertory Theatre's 2015-16 season. Season includes "The Great Gatsby" (F. Scott Fitzgerald, writer; Simon Levy, adaptation); "April 4, 1968" (James Still, writer); "The Mystery of Irma Vep" (Charles Ludlam, writer); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Harper Lee, writer; Christopher Sergel, adaptation); "The Mousetrap" (Agatha Christie, writer); and "A ...May 05
- Rehearsal and performance dates depend on the production throughout New Jersey.
- Auditions: Aug 17, 18 in New Brunswick, NJ
Seeking submissions for New Jersey Theatre Alliance (NJTA), the service organization for the state’s professional (Actor’s Equity) theaters. Note: Not all Alliance member theaters participate in these auditions and there will not be a confirmed list of participating theaters until about a week before the auditions.May 05
- Rehearses late Aug.-Sept. (evenings/weekends) in NYC; performs in October at The Harry Warren Theatre, 2445 Bath Ave., Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; New York, NY; Queens, NY; NJ
Casting "Be That Guy (A Cat and Two Men)," a play. Synopsis: Two gay men meet in a veterinarian's office. One man has just put his best friend to sleep. The other man doesn't want to be a pet-owner. Somehow they come together. This is a play about healing, and ...May 02
- Rehearsals begin June 1 (Mondays, 6–9 p.m.) in Palm Desert, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Palm Springs, CA; Palm Desert, CA; Indio, CA; Indian Wells, CA; La Quinta, CA; Banning, CA; Beaumont, CA; indio, CA
Casting "The Unexpected," a play. Synopsis: "The Unexpected" is an emotional, live Christian stage play about a 17-year-old girl named Samantha Burkmore, and her traumatic journey into adulthood. Samantha, the only child of the wealthiest couple in Burkmore, California, will soon find herself dealing with "The Unexpected" event that will ...May 02
- Rehearsals begin October 2015; opens mid-November in L.A., followed by performances on the East Coast.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking interns for "Toys," a play written by playwright Saviana Stanescu that tells the story about two sisters who reunite after 30 years in an explosive encounter. They start a complex journey to discover their past, understand their present and negotiate a possible future. Can they find compassion for each ...Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27, 2015; runs Dec. 4-Jan. 3, 2016 in Syracuse, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Syracuse, NY
Casting "Peter Pan."Apr 22