- Season runs in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in New York City, NY
Casting the 2014-15 season of Bottoms Dream. Now in their second season, Bottoms Dream is a NYC-based theater company that reinvents Shakespeare and other classic texts. Season includes: "12 Hour Reinvention" (actors will have 12 hours to reinvent, rehearse and perform a Shakespeare scene. As this is a one-day commitment, ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 17; runs Dec. 5, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Addison, TX
Casting "The Great American Trailer Park Christmas Musical."
- Rehearsals begin mid-September (nights & weekends); performs Oct. 30 & 31, with possible extension to Nov. 1 (Halloween weekend), in Metuchen, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Metuchen, NJ
Casting "Blithe Spirit." Artistic director states: "We are a brand-new theater company and this is our second production. We aim to create a new kind of community theater, one geared towards ensemble-based theater education and lesser-known, family-friendly works, and we have a great deal of support from the town in ...
- Performs Nov. 15 & 16 (11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. performances both days) in Livingston, NJ.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Livingston, NJ
Casting Livingston Community Players' upcoming Theater for Young Audiences production of "A Year With Frog and Toad." Synopsis: Adapted from the Broadway hit, "A Year With Frog and Toad" was nominated for three Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Based on Arnold Lobel's well-loved books and featuring a hummable score by ...
- Rehearsals begin mid-September. Production runs November 14-23, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 9 in Houston, TX
Casting for the production "Bhopal." Project description: "Set amid the events that conspired to create the 1984 Union Carbide disaster, Varma’s timely drama reveals the human stories within the complex political and economic webs that led to one of the worst industrial catastrophes in history."
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 22 (Fri. at 7:30 p.m., Sat & Sun. at 3 p.m., one-two weekly 10:30 a.m. performances) in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Boston, MA
Casting "Pinocchio," adapted by Steven Bogart and Wendy Lement from the novel "The Adventures of Pinocchio" by Carlo Collodi. This adaptation is set in Japan, utilizing live actors and traditional Bunraku puppetry. Theater states: "Colorful casting has been a WFT policy for 30 years."
- Rehearsals begin Sep. 13 (Mon.-Thu. 6:30-9 p.m.; Sat., 1-6 p.m.; Sun., 5:30-9 p.m.; runs Nov. 8-Dec. 14, 2 p.m. in Santa Monica). Company states: "Actors are not called for all rehearsals. Sat. & Sun. are primarily dance, therefore actors with consistent conflicts on those days will probably not be cast.We are going to be very strict with conflicts this year. Actors must be available for all performances, including Thanksgiving weekend."
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Santa Monica, CA
Casting "White Christmas," with music & lyrics by Irving Berlin and book by David Ives and Paul Blake, based on the classic movie.
- Shoots Winter 2014 in a fully equipped TV studio in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Washington DC, DC
Casting "The Living Room," an online talk show series featuring vibrant young adults exploring taboo and controversial topics and current events inspired from excerpts in trending music, films, culture, and social media. Producer states: "This show is fresh, fun, funky, and politically incorrect. Our couch is a place for transparent ...
- Rehearsals begin late-Sept. or early-Oct. 2014 (Wed. at 7:45 p.m., Fri. at 7 p.m., Sat. at 1:30 p.m.) at Anaheim Ballet Studios; performs Dec. 4-7 (dress rehearsal, plus five shows) in Laughlin, NV and Dec. 20 in Anaheim, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, in Anaheim, CA
Casting "The Nutcracker," a full-length ballet for the 28th season of the Anaheim Ballet.
- Performs Dec. 6 & 7 at the El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Los Angeles, CA
LA Unbound is seeking dancers of all styles and experience levels for its updated version of the holiday classic "The Nutcracker." The show will feature many styles of dance, including contemporary, hip-hop, tap, ballet/pointe, and Bollywood.
- Rehearses Oct. 12 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.), Nov. 28 (10 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 29 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Nov. 30 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 6 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 7 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.), Dec. 8 (4-10 p.m.), and Dec. 9 (4-10 p.m.). Tech/dress rehearsals are Dec. 10 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 11 (4-10 p.m.), Dec. 12 (3-6 p.m.), and Dec. 13 (3-6 p.m.). Runs Dec. 12-21. Rehearses and performs at the Summit Playhouse in Summit, NJ, within walking distance of the NJ Transit station.
- Auditions: Sep 7 in New York, NY and Sep 8 in Summit, NJ
Casting "The Hundred Dresses." Synopsis: Wanda Petronski lives way up in a shabby house in Boggins Heights, and she doesn't have any friends. Every day she wears a faded blue dress, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if she didn't tell her classmates that she had a hundred ...