- Rehearsals begin Sept. 1; runs Sept. 17-Oct. 12 in Cape May, NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Within the Law" the 1912 Broadway hit about a young woman falsely accused of shoplifting who vows to get revenge by working just "within the law" by Bayard Veiller to be performed as part of the East Lynne Theater Company's 2014 season.
- Rehearsals begin July 1. Previews begin July 24; runs Aug. 17-Sept. 6 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 28 in New York, NY
Casting "Poor Behavior." Synopsis: The play examines the humorous side of infidelity as two couples spend a not so-idyllic weekend in the country that turns into a high stakes game of marital mixed doubles, asking “Is it adultery if they already think you’ve done it?”
- Rehearses May-August 2014 (five nights a week, 7-9 p.m.) in Charlotte, NC; opens Aug. 23 in Charlotte, NC and tour Sept.-Oct. to Columbia, SC; Atlanta, GA; Greensboro, NC; Raleigh, NC.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Concord, NC
Casting "Six Ways to Love" a Broadway-style musical involving the relationships of six couples. Characters will dance and sing their way through the turmoil and expectations of love, dating, and relationships. Each couple is at a different stage of their relationship or soon-to-be relationship and each has their own thoughts ...
- Season rehearses and performs Summer 2014 in Forestburgh, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 31, Apr 1 in New York, NY
Casting Forestburgh Playhouse's summer season. Season includes: "A Murder is Announced" (Trent Blanton, dir. Rehearsals begin June 2; runs June 10-15); "My Fair Lady" (Larry Smiglewski, dir.; Gabriella Perez, choreo.;Trevor Pierce, music dir. Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 17-29); "Mame" (Dann Dunn, dir.-choreo.; Trevor Pierce, music dir. Rehearsals begin ...
- Rehearsals and performances take place in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 31 in Philadelphia, PA
Multiple theaters will be be casting their productions at the Greater Philadelphia Annual Auditions, at which "each year, participating theatres across the Delaware Valley join together at an audition day for local AEA actors. This program gives actors the opportunity to be seen by multiple theatre professionals at once. These ...
- Rehearses Apr. 7 & 8; runs May 9-18 at The Theresa Academy of Performing Arts in Lido Beach, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 31, Apr 5, in Lido Beach, NY
Casting two one-act plays by Tennessee Williams, "Shotgun Cottage Plays: Three Tales by Tennessee." Producers state: "The three plays are: 'Moony's Kid Don't Cry' and 'The Lady of Larkspur Lotion' both in the collection '27 Wagons Full of Cotton;' and 'Interior: Panic,' located in the Williams one act collection 'The ...
- Rehearsals begin June 20 (first rehearsal in Wesport; all subsequent rehearsals in NYC); tech rehearsals run July 11-13. Previews run July 15-18; runs July 19-Aug. 3 in Westport, CT.
- Auditions: Apr 1 in New York, NY
Casting "Nora," Ingmar Bergman’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s "A Doll's House."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27; runs Nov. 13-Dec. 14 in Munster, IN.
- Auditions: Apr 1 in Munster, IN
Casting "A Christmas Memory."
- Season runs 2014-2015 in Winter Park, FL.
- Auditions: Apr 1, 2 in Winter Park, FL
Casting Winter Park Playhouse's 2014-15 season. Shows include: "Backwards in High Heels" (Lynette Barkley, Christopher McGovern, concept and development. Rehearsals begin July 14; runs July 31-Aug. 23); "They're Playing Our Song" (Neil Simon, book; Marvin Hamlisch, music; Carol Bayer Sager, lyrics. Rehearsals begin Aug. 25; runs Sept. 11-Oct. 4); "Isn't ...
- Callbacks are at the discretion of each attending production company. Productions are on-going through 2014 in and around Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Apr 4, 5, 7 in Portland, OR
Portland Area Theatre Alliance (PATA) announces the 2014 General Auditions. Project description: "Registration for the Portland Area Theatre Alliance (PATA) 2014 Citywide Auditions is now open. Even if slots are full, we encourage interested members looking to check the website often for cancellations. Once a year, PATA organizes general auditions ...
- The event is being held April 5-6 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 5, 6 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.
- Rehearsals begin the week of Apr. 14; runs June 7-July 13 (weekends) at the Simi Valley Cultural Center in Simi Valley, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 8, 9, 10 in Simi Valley, CA
Casting "Sweeney Todd," Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler’s chilling, suspenseful, heart-pounding masterpiece of murderous barber-ism and culinary crime that tells the infamous tale of the unjustly exiled barber who returns to 19th century London seeking revenge against the lecherous judge who framed him and ravaged his young wife.
- Season runs May 16-Sept. 28 in Boise, ID.
- Auditions: Apr 9 in Boise, ID
Casting the 2014 Idaho Shakespeare Festival. Shows include: "Deathtrap" (rehearsals begin May 16; runs May 31-July 25); "As You Like It" (rehearsals begin May 20; runs June 7-27); "Les Miserables" (rehearsals begin June 10; runs July 5-Aug. 31); "Merry Wives of Windsor" (rehearsals begin July 8; runs Aug. 2-30); and ...
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning June 23. Performances run August 9-September 20 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Witch Slap!", a play. Project description: "Mass hysteria grips a medieval town as public witch hunts pit brother against brother. But when local witches attempt to band together to stop the madness, they quickly discover that sister against sister can be far more wicked."
- Rehearsals begin July 1; runs July 12-Aug. 24 in Lake Tahoe, NV.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the 2014 Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival season. Season includes "As You Like It." Note: Producing artistic director Charlie Fee is the producing artistic director of Idaho Shakespeare Festival and Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, so actors will be considered for both companies.
- Rehearsals begin May 27; runs June 18-July 13 in Souderton, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 28 in Souderton, PA
Casting "A Thousand Clowns."