- North O.C. rehearsals begin Sept. 5 (Sat., 9 a.m.-12 p.m. & Mon., 5-7 p.m.); South O.C. rehearsals begin Sept. 9 (Wed., 4-6 p.m. & Fri., 4-6pm); runs in Nov. in O.C.
- Auditions: Aug 29, in Santa Ana, CA
Seeking participants for Arts & Learning Conservatory's production of "Seussical the Musical Jr." Coordinator states: "The Arts & Learning Conservatory (named Outstanding Arts Organization of O.C.) is known for producing high-quality productions with children in a enjoyable atmosphere of high standards, care, and focus. Join us for our fun, pop/rock ...
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 5 and every Tues. and Thurs. 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Sat. 10-4 p.m. in Buena Park; runs Nov. 16-19, 5-10 p.m. and Nov. 20-22 and 27-29 in Buena Park, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Buena Park, CA
Seeking director, choreographer, and music director for "Once Upon a Mattress," Rodgers & Hammerstein's musical comedy story based on "The Princess and the Pea." Production will consist of children ages 9 to 18.
- Shooting this fall in Detroit, MI.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Farmington Hills, MI
Seeking actors for the Paramount Pictures feature film "Looking for Alaska," based on the YA novel by John Green ("Paper Towns"). Project description: "A new arrival at a boarding school falls in love with a beguiling female student." Casting states: "Hundreds of paid extras will be needed."
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 5; tours season ends April 3, 2016.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in St. Louis, MO
Seeking two female actor/ASMs to play multiple parts in three touring shows, to include "Goldilocks," "The Elves and the Shoemaker," and "Goodbye Marianne."
- Rehearsals begin September 21. Performances run October 29-31, in Tempe, AZ.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting the Arizona premiere of "Sondheim on Sondheim," a musical. Project description: "Weaving actual video interviews with the legendary composer himself, 'Sondheim on Sondheim' provides a fresh perspective into Stephen Sondheim’s illustrious career from his biggest hits to his earlier works and earlier versions of songs from his famous musicals. ...
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 13; runs Nov. 14-Dec. 13 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in New York, NY
Casting "Nora," a distillation of Ibsen's masterpiece, "A Doll's House," a riveting tale of a seemingly conventional woman, struggling and then coming to terms with her life as a doll-wife in a traditional marriage. Out of the shadows of deceit, blackmail, and betrayal, Nora rises to a new consciousness of ...
- Shows run in Birmingham, AL.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Birmingham, AL
Casting "A Steady Rain" (Alan Gardner, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 5-30) and "The 39 Steps" (Dennis McLernon, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2016; opens Jan. 21) as part of the City Equity Theatre's season.
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2016; runs Jan. 27-Feb. 14 in Greensboro, NC.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Winston-Salem, NC
Casting "VROOOMMM!" a play.
- Monday Night PlayGround performs once a month October-March in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Berkeley, CA
Seeking actors of all types and ages to participate in PlayGround LA's Monday Night PlayGround.
- Rehearsals will start immediately (approx. 10-12 hrs./wk.; Wed. & Fri. eves, and Sat. mornings) at the KWP Productions rehearsal studio, 801 Maplewood Drive, #15 Jupiter, FL; show runs Oct. 23-Nov. 1 (eight performances over two weekends) at William T. Dwyer High School’s Theatre in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Jupiter, FL
Casting "The Addams Family" musical. Synopsis: The weird and wonderful family comes to devilishly delightful life in this magnificently macabre musical comedy created by "Jersey Boys" authors Marshall Brickman & Rick Elice, with music and lyrics by Drama Desk Award winner Andrew Lippa ("The Wild Party"). "The Addams Family" features ...
- Performances run February 2016 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 30 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "Passing Strange" and a series of one acts including "No Exit," "Impromptu," "BirdBath," "Line," "A Siberian Romance," and "Actors & Autobahn." Project description: "One acts will be presented for a weekend in October and November. Tony winner 'Passing Strange,' is a daring musical that takes you on a journey ...
- Rehearsals will begin around mid-December, and the production will run late February to early April, 2016, in the Athenaeum Theatre, Studio Three, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 29, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Zoyka's Apartment," a play. Project description: "Zoyka's Apartment is a tragic farce in three acts surrounding the aristocratic Madame Zoyka, who turns her apartment into a dressmaker's shop. The play takes place during the Soviet equivalent of the roaring '20s, while the country is seething with economic discontent and ...