- Rehearses September and October; performs Nov. 12 at The University of North Alabama in Alabama.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA; Florence, AL; Huntsville, AL; Decatur, AL; Muscle Shoals, AL
Casting "Color Me," a racially themed play that focuses on Stella and Mariah, two freshmen girls in college. Stella is a true Southern girl who was unknowingly raised with racist morals and values. Mariah is African American and was raised in a very wealthy suburb in Georgia. Dark secrets come ...Jul 31
- Festival runs in 2016 in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21 in Santa Cruz, CA
Casting for 2016's 8 Tens @ 8 Festival, featuring 8 ten-minute plays. Project description: "Eight awarded short plays, from our annual national playwriting contest, are performed and directed by some of the best the Santa Cruz theatre community has to offer."Jul 30
- Rehearses weekly on Sat. and Wed. beginning in September; runs Feb. 8-21 at HERE Arts Center in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking five writer/actors and five writer/dancers/movers for Girl Be Heard's 2015-2016 main stage show "Embodi(ED)," a documentary theatre and dance piece addressing the issue of eating disorders and the $55 billion dollar diet industry. Based on interviews with people of all ages and all genders conduced by Girl Be Heard ...Jul 30
- Meets weekly on Sundays from 2-5 p.m. from September, 2015 through May, 2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking performers, songwriters, dancers, writers, and activists for Girl Be Heard, a theatre company that brings global issues affecting girls center stage by empowering young women to tell their stories. Through writing and acting workshops, Girl Be Heard generates cutting-edge theatre about what it means to be a girl in ...Jul 30
- Rehearses October 2015; performs Nov. 07, 2015 in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting "The Ballad of Sweet Auburn," a play from the mind of Altrazo H. Tiller. Synopsis: Dreams: a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep; reliving days of the past, altering sown seeds to ease the pain of reality reaped; resurrected ancestors, warnings of ...Jul 29
- Performances Nov. 7–Dec. 13 (excluding Thanksgiving weekend), in Fremont, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Fremont, CA
Casting "Greetings!" a holiday play by Tom Dudzick. Project description: "A miraculous comedy that has become a welcome alternative to 'A Christmas Carol' in theaters all across the country."Jul 28
- Performances are held year-round in the New York area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in New York, NY
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...Jul 28
- Performances are held year-round in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...Jul 28
- Performances run January 29–February 21, 2016, in Novato, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 22 in Novato, CA
Casting "A Cajun Midsummer Night's Dream," a Shakespeare adaptation by Clay David. Project description: "Marrying 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' with the Cajun-Creole Bayou is a wonderful opportunity to explore afresh the richness of both the true Cajun culture and Shakespeare’s delightful, disruptive overturning of the everyday world."Jul 27
- Rehearsals begin early December 2015; runs Jan. 15-31, 2016 in Mountain View, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Mountain View, CA
Casting "The Mountaintop", a play by Katori Hall. Project description: "A fictional depiction of the Reverend Martin Luther King's last night on earth, set entirely in Room 306 of the Lorraine Motel on the eve of his assassination on April 4, 1968."Jul 27
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 16; runs Nov. 8-22 at the Bindlestiff Theater in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "Two Terrorists Meet," a play dramatization of the infamous meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria in 1980 between Imelda Marcos and Steve Psinakis, the Greek engineer leading the U.S. opposition to Mrs. Marcos‘ dictatorship.Jul 25
- Runs Mon. evenings, 6:30 p.m., three to four times a month through Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a comedy play based on the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director-writer Frank Henenlotter. Synopsis: Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket while seeking vengeance on the ...Jul 24
- All rehearsal and first performance dates are in NJ. See attached schedules. All dates are subject to change pending casting. Note: Review all dates and make sure you are available before submitting.
- Seeking submissions from: Roselle Park, NJ
Casting lead and supporting roles for various shows with Initials Stage Productions. CEO states: "Due to the growing markets and need for strong and innovative reality stage productions, Initials is filling major roles for its most current stage production that was postponed and now slated to debut this coming August: ...Jul 23
- Rehearses and runs in Orlando, FL, with possibility of other Florida cities added at a later date.
- Seeking submissions from: Orlando, FL
Casting "Group Home Poem," a play about teens growing up in the foster care system. Proceeds from ticket sales benefit a nonprofit helping kids in the foster care system.Jul 22