- Rehearses July-Aug. (Tue. & Thu., 6-10 p.m., as well as Aug. 9, 13, 16, & 23, 9 a.m.-noon); runs Aug. 27 at 2 p.m., Aug. 30 at 1 p.m., and Aug. 31 at 4:30 p.m. at the Theatre at St. Clement's in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in New York, NY
Casting "No Name In The Street," a gospel/rock concert musical based on the biblical story of Job.
- Camp meets Aug. 11-22 (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.); performs Aug. 22 (7 p.m.) and Aug. 23 (5 p.m.) in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in Brooklyn, NY
Act-Out! Acting School announces auditions and registration for its Fifth Annual Youth Summer Camp and world-premiere performance of "Robin Hood." For two weeks Artistic Director John Stillwaggon (veteran of many Off-Broadway productions and national tours, TV, and film; with fifteen years teaching experience; a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education; ...
- Development begins in May 2016 (two years from now) with up to four three-week residencies in different parts of the U.S. Premiere is set to take place in early 2017. Must be available for the entire development period which includes 9-12 weeks scattered throughout 2016 in three-week increments as well as touring in blocked timeframes from 2017 through 2019.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in New York City, NY
Seeking long-term, collaborative ensemble members with a strong backgrounds in acting, movement, improvisation, and/or performance art for a new conceptual project led by Artistic Director and multidisciplinary theater creator Seth Lepore. "Present Shock" will be based on the bestselling book by media theorist and contemporary philosopher Douglas Rushkoff. This is ...
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 4-21 in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Colorado Springs, CO
Casting "The Lying Kind" by Anthony Neilson. Note: The roles of Gobbel and Garson have been cast.
- Rehearsals begin September 2014; production runs Oct. 31–Nov. 2, 2014 at The Box in downtown Riverside’s Fox Entertainment Plaza, Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in Riverside, CA
Casting Martin McDonagh’s “The Pillowman,” directed by Patrick Brien. Synopsis: Set in an interrogation room in an unnamed totalitarian dictatorship, the play centers on a writer whose gruesome stories have attracted the attention of the police.
- Each NYC-area AEA-franchised agency attends at least one AAA session (either musical or dramatic) per year. Approximately 30 AAA calls are scheduled annually.
- Auditions: Jul 28 in New York, NY
Actors' Equity Association is holding Agent Access Auditions (AAAs). Agent Access Auditions are sponsored by Actors' Equity Association and provided free of charge as a benefit of Equity Membership. Expected at this session: Equity-franchised agents from Ann Wright Representatives, Kazarian/Measures/Ruskin, and Meg Pantera The Agency. AEA thanks the National Association ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 4; runs Sept. 26-Oct. 12 at Camino Real Playhouse, 31776 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Calamity Jane the Musical," the Southern California premiere production of the untold story of Calamity Jane. This Wild West show features original music by Larry Gatlin, Bishop, McBroom, and Nation. Producer states: "As the opening show of Camino Real Playhouse's 25th season, Calamity Jane will give the actors a ...
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 9 (eves. & weekends); runs Sept. 13-Oct. 5 (Thurs.-Sun.), total of 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th St., Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29, 30 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's premiere Off-Off Broadway theater, now in its 48th season, announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of "Next to Normal," with music by Tom Kitt and book and lyrics by Brian Yorkey.
- Rehearses evenings beginning the first week of August.Show runs September 12-27, in Cicero, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 28, 29 in Cicero, IL
Casting "The Good Doctor," a collection of sketches. Project description: "A composite of Neil Simon and Anton Chekhov. In one sketch a feisty old woman storms a bank and upbraids the manager for his gout and lack of money. In another, a father takes his son to a house where ...
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 17, 2015; runs Apr. 18-May 10, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Uncanny Valley," a National New Play Network Rolling World Premiere. Synopsis: When Claire, a 70 year-old neuroscientist, finally comes face to face with Julian, the artificially-intelligent being she helped create, she is shocked to discover who is staring back at her. This drama proposes modern science as the creator ...
- Shooting begins Sept. 20 in L.A. area. Note: After casting there will be an Indiegogo campaign. Actors may be asked to shoot short interviews or trailer scenes to use in the campaign. Rates for such scenes will be negotiated separately. The rates listed here are for shooting beginning in September. Shooting is expected to be 10 non-consecutive days.
- Auditions: Jul 29, 30, 31 in Burbank, CA
Casting "Anna's Submlime Dystopia," a short film.
- Rehearsals TBD in Jersey City, NJ; shoots Aug. 17, 19-21, and 26-28 in NJ (close to NYC)
- Auditions: Jul 29, 30, 31 in Jersey City, NJ
Casting for two upcoming short films: Project #1: "Perception" is the story of Britney, a troubled individual confined in a state that she can't control. This short film is a psychological thriller that follows Britney and her husband as they deal with the aftermath of a horrific accident. Project #2: ...
- Shoots Sept. 17-20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 29 in New york, NY
Casting "Tickets Out Of Date," a student film for New York Film Academy about a 65 year old woman who works in a movie theater that is about to close and a 30 year old man who goes to the movies.