- Rehearses Mar. 22-May 5 (Tues. and Thurs. from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.) at the Salesian Youth Renewal Retreat Center, 8301 Arroyo Dr., Rosemead, CA; performances for the children's hospitals will depend on the convenience of the hospital to maximize the patient attendance; performances for the elementary schools will be Tues. and Thurs. mornings at the schools.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 3, 8, 10 in Rosemead, CA
Casting "The Hare Who Cried Ant," a play for The Actors Project, which is celebrating five years of touring elementary schools. Artistic director states: "This spring season, we will be bringing back one of our past shows, 'The Hare Who Cried Ant,' to tour children's hospitals and a few elementary ...Sunday
- Rehearses on dates TBD in New Jersey and NYC; actors must be available to perform Mar. 29 in NYC; also travels out of the NYC metro area for performance dates TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Hoboken, NJ; Jersey City, NJ
Casting "Strange Fruit Redux," a traveling production of a new play mixed with music and political, pop-culture sound bites geared to show the fears and frustrations of the modern-day black man.Saturday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 23 (Tues.-Fri. and Sun., 6-8 p.m.); runs Mar. 31-Apr. 17 (Thurs., Fri., and Sat.) in New Haven, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: New Haven, CT; Hartford, CT; Bridgeport, CT
Casting Collective Consciousness Theatre's upcoming production of “This Is Modern Art” by Idris Goodwin and Kevin Coval. Synopsis: A group of young, ambitious graffiti artists set out night after night to make their voices heard and alter the way people view the world. When this crew finishes the biggest bomb ...Saturday
- Our 19th season will run throughout 2016-17, at The Shoebox Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Mar 13 in Portland, OR
Casting company members for Theatre Vertigo. Producer states: "Theatre Vertigo's mission is to engage audiences by producing high-quality, ensemble driven theatre with a focus on producing and developing new or rarely seen works. The structure of our company is unique in that we make all artistic decisions as a collective ...Saturday
- Rehearsals run March 6-April 7. Performances run April 8-May 7, at Shaking The Tree Theatre in Portland, OR. Note: Your child will not be called to every rehearsal, and will perform no more than twice a week, unless requested.
- Auditions: Feb 26 in Portland, OR
Casting the play, "A Doll's House." Project description: "A wealthy woman's attempts to help her financially troubled husband go unrewarded."Saturday
- Rehearses August 1-September 4. Performances run September 5-21, at Imago Theatre, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting the play, "Hughie." Project description: "A short, two-character play by Eugene O’Neill. Set in the lobby of a small hotel on a West Side street in midtown New York during the summer of 1928."Saturday
- The play is in production and is traveling; performs in Feb. in. McAllen, TX, with more dates TBD in Mar., Apr., May, and Aug.
- Seeking submissions from: San Antonio, TX
Casting "The Rosary," a play. Synopsis: The play deals with faith, family, strength, and social issues that are prevalent in our society. Producer states: "This has a story line to which many Americans can relate."Saturday
- Reading is in Mar. at Shetler Studios and Theatres, 244 W. 54th St., 12th Fl., NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 22 in New York, NY
Casting a staged reading of "Forest Spirit," a new play by Michael Ferraro, written in the style of Theatre of the Absurd. Director states: "The central conflict concerns personal and situational obstacles to self-realization. Possible future full production."Saturday
- Workshop will be held Mar. 12 (12-5 p.m.) and Mar. 13 (5-10 p.m.) in NYC. Performance showcase will be held in April 2016 at The Players Club in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking ten actors for "Shakespeare Without Fear," a ten-hour scene-study intensive. Coordinator states: "We are casting scenes for an intensive ten-hour workshop. Are you ready to perform the works of Shakespeare? Whether you are new to classical theater or simply need to brush up your skills, the Shakespeare Without Fear ...Saturday
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."Saturday
- Rehearsal dates TBD; runs April 29-May 1 at The Hope Theatre, 4650 Flat Shoals Pkwy., Decatur, GA. Tour dates TBD.
- Auditions: Feb 9 in Decatur, GA
Casting "Don’t Judge Me for Who I Am," a play that explores the daily struggles of high school and college students around the world. Synopsis: This play presents the opportunity for its audience members to reflect on their different experiences in high school and how those decisions shaped their current ...Saturday
- Rehearses Feb. 22; reading is Feb. 28 in NYC. Must be fully available both days.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a staged reading of "Sleepover Stories" by Wi-Moto Nyoka, as the first in a monthly reading series of new plays by female African-American playwrights. Synopsis: "Sleepover Stories" is a one-act of five vignettes connecting characters in alternate realities they are attempting to transcend.Saturday