- Runs July 10-Aug. 15 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Westchester Playhouse, 8301 Hindry Ave., L.A.
- Auditions: May 16, 17 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Brighton Beach Memoirs," the semi-autobiographical play by Neil Simon. It the first chapter in what is known as his Eugene Trilogy, followed by "Biloxi Blues" and "Broadway Bound." Synopsis: This first play centers on 15-year-old Eugene Jerome, who lives with his family in Brighton Beach during the height of ...Apr 28
- Rehearses end of May and first week of June; shoots June 9-16 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Lila's Object" (working title), a short student thesis film for NYFA. Synopsis: The objectification of women in society is enduring. For Lila, it is a journey of self-awareness to overcome the obstacles in her profession. Lila, a beautiful young woman, grew up dreaming of becoming a movie star. To ...Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin October 2015; opens mid-November in L.A., followed by performances on the East Coast.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking interns for "Toys," a play written by playwright Saviana Stanescu that tells the story about two sisters who reunite after 30 years in an explosive encounter. They start a complex journey to discover their past, understand their present and negotiate a possible future. Can they find compassion for each ...Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin week of May 26. Production runs July 16-August 8, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: May 16, 17, 18 in Plano, TX
Casting for the production "Come Blow Your Horn." Project description: "A swinging, womanizing bachelor discovers real feelings for one of the many women with whom he is currently seeing, and has to rethink his life choices after his brother moves in."Apr 28
- Shooting this spring, in Austin, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Austin, TX
Casting for the El Rey TV series "From Dusk Till Dawn." Project description: "Based on the hit action/horror franchise of the same name, the series will explore and expand on the characters and story from the original film, providing a wider scope and richer Aztec mythology."Apr 28
- Will shoot late May/early June (one day) in Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC MSA.
- Seeking submissions from: Norfolk, VA
Casting "Sneak Attack," a 22-minute spec pilot video production for a cable network. Casting director states: "Teams of actors will compete to surprise and outsmart each other in a variety of scenarios as each has a secret list of goals; for the pilot, actors will take on a DJ."Apr 28
- Shoots June 2015 (three days) in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "A Kid Named Khan," a short film. Synopsis: A ten-year-old named Khan schemes to convince his clueless, "Star Trek" obsessed father to stop embarrassing him in front of people by yelling his name out loud like Shatner does in the film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan."Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin May 26; runs July 31-Aug. 2 in Dallas, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Dallas, TX
Casting "One Day In A Love Wary," a play. Synopsis: In this drama, a married couple and two brothers must submit to the battlefield of the pain that lies underneath in order to combat the failures of the past.Apr 27
- Table read June 1; shoot tentatively planned for June 2-July 16, 2015 (8- to 12-hour days) at Sanford Hall Studios, as well as on location in Northern Georgia; Chattanooga, TN; and possibly in Middle Tennessee. A final shooting schedule is pending the results of casting so actors' schedules can best be accommodated.
- Auditions: May 7, 8 in Statesboro, GA
Casting "Relics of the Madre Vena," a student film for Georgia Southern University. Synopsis: A young headstrong graduate student must form a shaky alliance with a rival Australian treasure hunter to rescue her gay best friend from a dangerous band of grave robbers while solving a mystery behind an ancient ...Apr 27