- Rehearsal dates TBD (Wed. & Thurs., 4-7 p.m.; more frequently as performances get closer); runs in June and July in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting Strindberg Laboratory's production of Aristophanes' "The Birds." Synopsis: "The Birds" is a Greek musical satire on bureaucracy, corruption, and freedom. Coordinator states: "The Strindberg Laboratory is a theater company that works with people from all backgrounds: ex-cons, former addicts, and anyone with a positive attitude and willing to be ...Feb 21
- Performs Mar. 14t at New York Comedy Club in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY
Seeking comedians, improv acts, comedic monologues, characters, and sketch comedy acts to participate in an audition showcase for the new owners of New York Comedy Club.Feb 21
- Shoots Apr. 17-19 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Itch City," an NYU short film about an African American jazz singer and a young Chinese girl who works at a restaurant and listens to her sing though the wall between the jazz club and the kitchen. One night, a violent attack finally brings them together.Feb 20
- Rehearses March 3, with possible additional rehearsals; shoot dates TBD in L.A.
- Auditions: Mar 3 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Still Life," a short student film that explores reality vs. ideology through the life of Freddy Russell, a very successful but lonely photographer, and his brief encounter with Samantha, a spontaneous girl who sheds light on relationships, dreams, and humanity. Director states: "The project will be entered into various ...Feb 21
- Rehearsals begin June 1. Shows run through August 2, in Raton, New Mexico.
- Auditions: Mar 20, 21 in Chicago, IL
Two Pigs Productions is casting its summer stock season.Feb 21
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 14 at various locations in North Hollywood, CA; runs Apr. 10-May 10 at Monroe Forum @ El Portal Theatre, 5269 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Sweeney Todd." Synopsis: Set in 19th-century England, Sweeney Todd is an unjustly exiled barber who returns to London seeking vengeance against the lecherous judge who framed him and ravaged his young wife. The road to revenge leads Todd to Mrs. Lovett, a resourceful proprietress of a failing pie shop, ...Feb 20
- Rehearses days, beginning mid-March in Highland Park, IL. Performances run April-May, in the morning and early afternoon, Tuesdays-Thursdays. There will be no weekend rehearsals or performances.
- Auditions: Mar 2 in Highland Park, IL
ImprovPlayhouse is casting the play "The Diary of Anne Frank," and the musical "Seussical the Musical." Actors may be cast in both shows depending upon availability and production requirements.Feb 21
- Shows run May 8-10, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 8, 9, 10 in Oak Lawn, IL
Casting "45 Seconds From Broadway," a play. Project description: "A Neil Simon comedy set in a cheap diner just off Broadway in New York City. A large cast of zany theater types pop in and out through four slice-of-life sketches about the Great White Way."Feb 20
- Production runs for three weekends, April 17-May 3, in Elmhurst, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 1, 2, 3 in Elmhurst, IL
Casting "Cash on Delivery," a play. Project description: "A fast-paced British farce about a con artist who has duped the welfare authorities for years by claiming every type of benefit for the innumerable people he claims live at his address. This scam nets him tens of thousands tax free. Just ...Feb 20