- Rehearsals begin September 16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 22, 29, Sep 15, 16 in Chicago, IL
Casting "If Scrooge was a Brother," a comedic reconstruction of the classic Dickens tale experienced through an Afrocentric lens. A memory play that examines the life long struggle of Boss Scrooge from poverty to the upper class at the expense of his humanity. Spirited music, supernatural experiences and reconnection to ...
- Shows run 2014-15 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24, 26 in Chicago, IL
The Rucker and Cult Camp Productions are hosting combined auditions for their 2014-15 seasons. Other companies in attendance include Red Tape Theatre, Right Brain Project, the side project, and Tympanic Theatre, with more TBA.
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 3; rehearses Mon. & Wed. (6-9 p.m.) at The NDI Center for Learning & the Arts and Thurs. (6-9 p.m.) at A.R.T/New York; additional rehearsals will be held on Oct. 18 & 19 (10 a.m.-3 p.m.) at A.R.T/New York; Oct. 21 & 22 (tech rehearsals); and Oct. 23 (dress rehearsals); runs Oct. 24-26 (four performances) at at Theater for the New City, NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24 in New York, NY
Casting "Joan Crawford in 'Flesh and Blood.'" Synopsis: Beulah Drake is left by her deadbeat husband to care for their teenage daughter, Trixie, who hates her mother's guts. Broke and desperate, Beulah finds work as the decorator of a new nightclub which is owned by a handsome bachelor from New ...
- Rehearses Saturdays (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; performs Oct. 25, 2014.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 30 in Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for "The Unconventional Conventionalists," Long Island's premier "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadowcast.
- Rehearsals begin mid-Oct. 2014; runs Nov. 8, 2014-Jan. 3, 2015 in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in Sevier, TN
Casting children for the Dollywood 2014 Christmas season. Season includes: "A Christmas Carol," "T'was the Night Before Christmas," and "O Holy Night." All have lead roles for young performers.
- Runs in Sevierville, TN.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in Sevierville, TN
Casting "Dollywood Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival," a song and dance show featuring Dolly Parton. For more info, visit http://www.dollywood.com/auditions/Overview.
- Rehearsals begin September 6. Performances run November 2-December 31, in the metropolitan Phoenix, AZ, area, and every night in December at the Desert Botanical Gardens.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 26 in Scottsdale, AZ
Dickens Carolers is casting singers. Producers state: "A unique holiday season entertainment company located in Scottsdale providing professional Christmas caroling quartets for any venue or occasion throughout the metropolitan Phoenix area since 1983. Quartets consist of two women and two men dressed in authentic Victorian era attire created exclusively for ...
- Shoots Sept.-Oct. 2014 for four days in Brooklyn and NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Dead End," a student film for Columbia University. Synopsis: "An out-of-shape young man goes off on a run one evening and quickly finds himself lost in a barren neighborhood, where a mysterious, desperate man lurk."
- Season runs in Carson, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in Carson, CA
Casting the Luddite Players 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Things that Go Bump In the Nite" (evening performances Oct. 31 & Nov. 1), "Dickens Day Holiday Celebration" (performs Dec. 13 & 14, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.), "Franklin's Electric Birthday" (performs Jan. 17, 2015 2-4 p.m.), "Type" (experimental/improv show, exact dates TBA), and ...
- Rehearses Aug. 25-Oct. 9; schedule built around actors availability, runs Oct. 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26 in South Orange, NJ.
- Auditions: Aug 23 in South Orange, NJ
Casting a nonunion, non-paying production of "Night of the Living Dead Live!", a play based on George A. Romero's movie in which the movie itself, the period in which it was made, and the film’s undying influence on the horror genre are examined.
- Rehearses Oct. 4-Dec. 18 at CBLA Studio, 1532 W 11th St.; runs at the Wilshire Ebell Dec. 19 & 20 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 23, in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "The Nutcracker Swings," a Christmas show set in 1940's Los Angeles.
- Runs Apr. 17-May 17 in Osseo, MN.
- Auditions: Aug 23, 24 in Osseo, MN
Seeking strong male and female actors for the rock musical "Next to Normal." Synopsis: Diana Goodman has the perfect suburban life, complete with a loving husband, son, and daughter. But her struggle with bipolar disorder threatens to destroy it all, and, as her medical treatments get more aggressive, her family ...