- Rehearsals begin in early June; performs June 16 (8 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 1 in New York, NY
Seeking participants for a cabaret centered around a "New York state of mind" for CloseUp NYC, a collective of artists making work around the city. Coordinator states: "We invite you to bring in material you love that is centered around the things you love about the city, or written by ...Wednesday
- Shoot dates TBD.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking candid but confidential recollections from Tinder experiences for an untitled reality/docu-series.Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin within the wk. of May 28 for a four-day competition (six days if the play is selected to enter the finals) in late June in NYC. Actors must commit to all rehearsals and performances, including dress rehearsal prior to the competition.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Commuters," a one-act play to be featured in an upcoming New York short play competition. Synopsis: A grim look at the distance people place between themselves in today’s technologically-obsessed culture of “more is more” and “now isn’t soon enough.”Wednesday
- Shoots June 6 in Escondido, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Escondido, CA
Seeking a gaffer and boom-op for "$55/pound," a short spoof on weight-loss infomercials.Wednesday
- Rehearsals and shooting TBD in NYC.
- Auditions: May 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Secret Effect," a series about a private investigator with a dark past who finds that one of her cases hits a little close to homeWednesday
- Auditions are June 30 and July 1; rehearsals July 5-Aug. 13; runs Aug. 14-23 (six performances). All auditions and performances will be at the (800-seat) Ernest Borgnine Theatre, 855 Elm Ave., Long Beach, CA. Rehearsals will be in different locations in or near Long Beach. Interviews for crew positions will take place in person prior to audition dates. Candidates will be contacted by phone during June.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Beach, CA; Huntington Beach, CA; Torrance, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Pedro, CA; Cerritos, CA
Seeking specific crew and creative staff positions for "Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Some positions are paid, others are volunteer. The cast will be large and includes a children's chorus and an orchestra.Tuesday
- Trailer shoots June 2015; shoots fall 2015 in California.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "From Earth," a short film. Synopsis: Set against the gritty backdrop of an aging desert motel, "From Earth" examines love, family, and the greater reaches of the universe after a horrific incident forces two estranged brothers to see their world for what it really is.Tuesday
- Meetings and shoots are ongoing around actors' schedules in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Seeking participants for The American Performance Alliance actor mentor program in Las Vegas. Coordinator states: "You train mostly on the set of films written for you. This helps you create resume enhancements and get the experience you need while you train."Tuesday
- Rehearsals throughout August (possibly beginning at the very end of July, availability permitting) in a rehearsal space in Brooklyn, NY; performances will be held Aug. 24, 26, & 29 in competition in the Thespis Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater.
- Auditions: May 30, 31, in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "The Hundred Acre Wood," a play premiere of a new take on the world of Pooh, and a black comedy about a college-age Christopher Robin who discovers that the home you come back to won't always be the home you remember. Or the home you want. Or the home ...Tuesday
- Shoots July 10 & 11 in Gatesville, TX.
- Seeking submissions from: Waco, TX
Casting "Knight of God," a short film. Synopsis: William, a young knight, is wounded in battle and is close to death--until an angel comes to his aid after hearing a prayer and grants him a second chance at life.Tuesday
- FringeNYC runs Aug. 14-30 (five-six performances TBD) in NYC.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Long Island City, NY
Seeking one male and one female actor for "For Now," a play to be staged at the 2015 NYC International Fringe Festival. Both actors should be in their thirties.Tuesday
- Shoots June 4 (11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.) in Culver City, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pasadena, CA
Seeking audience members for a shoot for a presentation video. Audience members should dress business casual. Producer states: "We would like to get a few 30-second audience interview reactions with our small crowd. This is a short shoot; we will only have the venue for an hour."Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin June 19 (rehearsals are typically Mon.-Fri., early eves., and all day Sat.); runs last wk. of July-Aug. 1 at the Tongva Native American Amphitheatre Heritage Park, 12100 Mora Dr., Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar" for Santa Fe Springs Community Playhouse's 29th Season. All roles open; all ages considered.Tuesday
- Shoots in mid-summer in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in New York, NY
Casting "Gallery," an elliptical character study. Synopsis: When a young handyman named Teddy finds a missing dog, he attempts to return it to its owner. Meanwhile, Teddy's old friend comes back to town and he is forced to confront painful issues from his past. As the line between these two ...Tuesday
- Rehearses and shoots Tues. over the summer (6:30-9:30 p.m.) and some weekends in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Lady Killers," an original drama-comedy pilot. Synopsis: In a nutshell, the show is "Sex and the City" for guys, a.k.a. a poor man's "Entourage" set in Chicago.Tuesday