Walt Disney Company
This listing has expired.
Walt Disney Company
Seeking an Executive Creative Director for The Walt Disney Company, a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Company states: "Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for."
"'It takes people to make the dream a reality.' Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true."
"Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment is the global creative development, production and delivery entity for all live entertainment content presented to and enjoyed by millions of guests around the world. Its talented corps of professionals is responsible for the creation of theatrical stage shows, parades, spectaculars, atmosphere entertainment and events for all Disney parks, resorts and cruise ships worldwide."
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
Position is ongoing in Glendale, CA.
Compensation & Union Contract Details
Pay is negotiable. Disney is an EOE.
• Creatively lead the portfolio and projects as assigned for international and domestic parks. Provide creative leadership oversight to Creative Entertainment teams as required. Direct and identify qualified teams of staff and consultant artists to develop world-class entertainment experiences that reinforce the Disney brand, maintain integrity of artistic vision, deliver outstanding Guest experiences, and meet operational and financial objectives
• Direct the Creative Entertainment staff, consultant and staff artists, and various other creative collaborators to vision new creative projects and concepts. Oversee the development and presentation of new concepts in compelling, highly illustrative written treatments, essence drawings, or other presentation vehicles when required.
• Serve as leader on all creative issues on assigned projects. Provide detailed and specific creative direction to all project team members, including artists, producers, project managers, stage managers, etc.
• Function as the central filtering point for all creative input from project team members and other stakeholders on assigned projects. Demonstrate leadership savvy, professionalism, and sensitivity in responding to input from diverse sources, including executive leaders.
• Direct and oversee the development of treatments, scripts, storyboards, scenic and costume design, music development, and any other creative elements required for theatrical, film, multi-media, or other projects as assigned.
• Ensure that artistic integrity and vision is maintained throughout the production process. Serve as a creative "balancing point" when operational, financial, or marketing considerations may affect creative content and direction.
• Oversee the collaboration with other artists (directors, designers, etc.) on the final realization of new projects as assigned.
• Identify and evaluate new consultant creative talent in a wide variety of disciplines (writers, directors, composers, designers, etc.) for assignment to Creative Entertainment projects.
• Act as the Creative resource for other Creative Entertainment partners.
• Ensure relationships and research, relative to the live entertainment community, are strong and current.
• Provide creative coaching, guidance, and feedback to internal Disney Creative Entertainment staff members and consultants.
• Minimum of 10-15 years progressive leadership experience with a rich portfolio in a wide variety of creative mediums to include musical theater, dance and visually based works
• Experience in developing creative projects that specifically appeal to mass audiences.
• Experience in a wide variety of creative idioms/mediums, especially musical theater, dance, and visually-based works.
• Proven track record of success in creative team leadership roles.
• Proven communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate and influence effectively with all levels in the organization
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a diplomatic and gravitas style
• Ability to lead and influence in a diverse work environment across multiple disciplines
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven track record of outstanding creative collaboration and role model for internal partnerships and external relationship building