This listing has expired.
Seeking a Director of Production to lead the production department and oversee touring operations at Mills Entertainment, a company focused on branded and alternative live entertainment. Company states: "We collaborate with top artists and content partners to produce and promote engagements at theaters, casinos, and colleges throughout the United States and internationally." This is a management position, responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising our tour personnel, and ensuring the successful execution of our engagements.
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
Full time position. Mills Entertainment is based in Saratoga Springs, NY. Relocation is preferred, though not required, as this position is eligible for remote workplace from your current city.
Compensation & Union Contract Details
Competitive compensation and benefits provided. You must include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, and direct the day-to-day activities of the production department toward the achievement of established objectives.
• Oversee and adjust the department’s processes and operations as necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution of policies and procedures.
• Provide training, direction, support, and supervision to production staff.
• Maintain high-level industry relationships which involve considerable negotiation and diplomacy.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of ten years experience in production, including at least five years touring experience and at least five years experience in a management position.
• The ability to engage, motivate, and mentor staff to achieve strategic goals.
• Interest in, and ability to be part of, a senior management team that models cohesive and innovated leadership.
• Significant success developing and maintaining business relationships.
• Ability to formulate and monitor long-term, short-term, and strategic plans and budgets.
• Well-versed in technical theater as well as travel and logistics planning.