Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- To be presented in winter 2014 at Schapiro Theatre on the campus of Columbia University. Rehearsals begin Monday, January 6 and will be scheduled weekday evenings and weekend days/evenings. Must be available nights: Monday, January 27 - Sunday, February 2 Performances: Thursday, January 30 - Sunday, February 2 Interested parties are asked to submit a headshot/resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auditions: Dec 15 in New York, NY
Nuri has secret. Will speaking it tear her apart? Or will it destroy everything around her. Night of Power, A new "coming of age" play by Daaimah Mubashshir, will be presented as a classroom presentation as part of the Columbia University School of the Arts Theatre program.52 minutes ago
- Open Call - Casting Monday, 12/16/13 11am - 3pm @ 13th Street Repertory Theatre Workshop - 2nd week of January 2014, @ 13th Street Repertory Theatre 50 W 13th St, New York, NY 10011 (212) 675-6677
- Auditions: Dec 16 in New York, NY
Edith O'Hara and the Legendary 13th Street Repertory Theatre, NYC will be presenting "Grey Street" as a Developmental Workshop January, 2014. Open Call - Casting Monday, 12/16/13 11am - 3pm @ 13th Street Repertory Theatre This unique, mind-bending, twisted, dualistic story within a story is a first of it's kind ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 13 (weeknights and weekend afternoons) at Center Stage Theater; runs Feb. 14-March 9 (Fri. & Sat. evenings and Sun. afternoons) at Center Stage Theater in Fontana, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Fontana, CA
Casting "Dream Girls."10 hours ago
- Tech rehearsal will be held Jan. 11, 1:30-2 p.m.; dress rehearsal will be held Jan. 13, 6-8:30 p.m. Runs Jan. 14-18 at 6:30 p.m. as part of the Manhattan Repertory Theater's one-act play festival competition.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Jimmy and Dave," a 10-minute one-act play. Synopsis: "Jimmy and Dave" is the story of two brothers being raised by an overbearing father, and the stash of photographs that sheds light on their family's dark past.15 hours ago
- First reading Dec. 2013 (approx. date TBD); rehearsals begin Jan. 4; performs Feb. 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Denials," a new play by award-winning author Rudy Gray. Synopsis: A teenage boy who is separated by his troubled mother and moves in with his abusive father threatens to blow up his school. The story unfolds as the school and the Department of Education try to deal with the ...16 hours ago
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Jan 6, in New York, NY
Casting ensemble dancers who sing & act for "Matilda," with book by Dennis Kelly, and music & lyrics by Tim Minchin.19 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 16; runs Feb. 6-March 2, 2014 at the Clemente Soto Vélez Cultural Center in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Scenes Of A Sexual Nature." Synopsis: "Sex and love. Some seek it, some need it, some spurn it and some pay for it, but we're all involved in it. Set on one afternoon on Hampstead Heath, London, the play investigates the minutiae of seven couples. What makes us tick?"19 hours ago
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations are TBA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting a musical, "The Anatomy of Sex." Producer states: "The Anatomy of Sex mixes the saucy, comical side of 'Sex and the City' with the profound brassiness of 'The Vagina Monologues' and unravels a long overdue sexual revolution. It tickles the hot-buttons of sex, religion, and intimacy while challenging us ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 4; runs Feb. 21-March 9, 2014 in Hackettstown, NJ.
- Auditions: Jan 22 in Hackettstown, NJ
Casting "The Liar." Freely adapted by David Ives from the French play written by Pierre Corneille in the 17th century. It is Paris, 1643. Dorante is a charming young man newly arrived in the capital, and he has but a single flaw: He cannot tell the truth. In quick succession ...20 hours ago