Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses mid-December to January (exact dates TBD and are flexible); runs late January-April (one show/wk., two or three times a month, during the day) at local L.A. and OC schools, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2 in La Mirada, CA
Casting "The Center of the Universe," a play. Synopsis: "The Center of the Universe" is a compelling drama centered around two high-school sweethearts torn apart by a senseless act of violence. Journey into the past and gain new perspective on the present as stories from slavery and the Holocaust are ...49 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3, 2015; runs Feb. 27-Mar. 15 in Norfolk, VA.
- Auditions: Dec 18, 19 in New York, NY
Casting "Taming of the Shrew." Note: Four women make up the synth-pop (i.e. nerd punk) band the Shrews and play all of the characters in this adaptation (save Katherina, who is played by a male). Amongst the four, there should be a violin or viola player, a keyboardist, a guitarist, ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2015; runs Jan. 23-Mar. 22 in Atlanta, GA.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in Atlanta, GA
Casting Equity male actors for three available principal roles in "The Waffle Palace," first presented by Horizon in 2012 & 2013. Theater states: "Particularly interested in seeing Equity actors who are new to Atlanta or who have Atlanta housing and are able to work as local jobbers." Synopsis: From births ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin immediately; runs Dec. 6, 7, 13, & 14 in Asbury Park, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Asbury Park, NJ; New York, NY
Seeking an immediate replacement for a production of "Scrooge."2 hours ago
- First rehearsal Jan. 19; show runs Feb. 6-8 in Hackeettstown, NJ.
- Auditions: Dec 5, in Hackettstown, NJ
Casting a student thesis production of the play "Holes" by Louis Sachar for Centenary College. Production is open to all; you do not need to be a theatre major or a Centenary student. Synopsis: "But if you forget to come back for Madame Zeroni, you and your family will be ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12, 2015; previews begin Feb. 10; runs Feb. 16-Mar. 29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Rocket to the Moon." Synopsis: "Rocket to the Moon" is set in the oppressive heat of a New York summer, where the waiting room of Ben Stark's dental practice serves as the backdrop to his mid-life crisis as he attempts to escape the confines of his life by having ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2015; runs Feb. 6-15, 2015 at Landis Performing Arts Center in Riverside, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 7, in Riverside, CA
Casting "In the Heights," which tells the universal story of a vibrant community in New York's Washington Heights neighborhood- a place where the coffee from the corner bodega is light and sweet, the windows are always open and the breeze carries the rhythm of three generations of music. Its a ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning January. Performances February 20th - March 1st, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 6 in Cloverdale, CA
Casting the play "Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead." Production description: "Two minor characters from the play, "Hamlet" stumble around unaware of their scripted lives and unable to deviate from them."4 hours ago
- Performs Feb. 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in New York, NY
Ken Lazer Casting Company is holding a non-Equity musical theater showcase.5 hours ago
- Rehearses January-February; tours mid-February through the end of May 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Casting the national non-equity tour of "Eureka," a play produced by Chamber Theatre Prod. Inc. of Boston.6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in January 2015; rehearsal schedule TBD, but likely one day/wk., performs Mar. 9 & 10 in the studio theater of the Apollo Theatre, Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting a staged reading of "Tenure Track: The Musical." Synopsis: "Tenure Track" is the story of lowly adjunct P. S. Latte. As she fights to win her place in academia--and even participates in an epic rap battle between literary theorists Roland Barthes and Harold Bloom--she is forced to question her ...9 hours ago