Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in February. Female and male lead begin recording in January. The show will debut in Manhattan with a possible weekend performance in Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Debuting a dark, new musical about a land of people who only get three minutes of sunlight a day. The lead, Rian, is a girl who discovers that the writer of an opera she found in her bureaux may be able to help save her little sister's life. The piece ...6 hours ago
- Auditions will be held at the Kraine Theater on December 12th 2015 from 11am-5pm; by appointment only. Rehearsals will begin December 16th 2015 with a phone run through of the play and December 19th will be the first in person rehearsal with the full cast. Opening night will be 2/5/16 from 3pm-7pm.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in New York City, NY
Casting "Know Thy Law the Play part 2: Family Ties", The second edition of this four part saga of plays. In this edition, Andy Jenkins is officially out of the Kushite Kings gang and living the life of a successful lawyer. He is surprised when some of his spiritual friends ...11 hours ago
- Program runs June 16-July 15, 2016 in Tanzania; festival performances run July 16-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "ACTion: Tanzania," a month-long journey across Tanzania culminating in a performance series in NYC. Artistic director states: "This is an opportunity to explore cultures, serve communities, teach theater, workshop with master artists, learn from guest lecturers, create innovative theater, and perform original pieces in NYC."14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 1; Performances April 15-May 1, in Danville, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 14 in Danville, CA
Casting "The Great Gatsby," a Simon Levy play based on the classic novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald.16 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 7, in Danville, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Danville, CA
Casting "Good People," a play by David Lindsay-Abaire.17 hours ago
- Rehearsals to be held August 9-September 29, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Dream Of The Red Chamber", an opera. Project description: "The new work is based on the book Dream of the Red Chamber by 18th-century Qing Dynasty writer Cao Xuequin, considered one of the four great classical novels of historic Chinese literature."17 hours ago
- Performances to be held in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "The Hallelujah Girls," a play directed by Miriam Ani. Project description: "Hilarity abounds when the feisty females of Eden Falls, Georgia, decide to shake up their lives. After the loss of a dear friend, the women realize time is precious, and if they're going to change their lives and ...17 hours ago
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2016, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 12 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Brooklyn Boy," a play by Donald Margulies. Project description: "This play by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Dinner with Friends follows the career of Eric Weiss, a writer whose novel hits the bestseller list the same time his life begins to unravel. His wife is out the door, his ...18 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Saturday December 26, evenings and weekends (possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability). Runs January 29 -February 21 Friday-Sunday for 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 8, 9 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 49th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of Seussical— book by Lynn Ahrens and stephen Flaherty; music by Stephen Flaherty; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; co-conceived by Eric Idle Director Barrie Gelles; Producer Justine McLaughlin /The Gallery ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 4, 2016 (weekday eves. & Sundays); runs March 4-13 at Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 9, 15, 16 in Irvington, NY
Casting "American Idiot," a musical. Director states: "Green Day's powerhouse album is brought to life in this electric-rock musical of youthful disillusion. The two-time Tony Award-winning hit musical, Green Day's 'American Idiot,' based on the Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum album, boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. This ...22 hours ago