Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs every week (Mon., 7-9 p.m.; Wed., 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; and Fri., 11 a.m.-1 p.m.); improv class runs every week (Sat. 12-1:30 p.m.) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking new company members for The Complete Theatre Company's Summer and Fall Season. Company states: "Benefits include: weekly workshops, being cast in shows, and the unique opportunity to be a part of a social and artistic community. Agents and managers attend our shows and events. TCTC has performed in numerous ...3 minutes ago
- Production runs November 6-8 and 13-15, in Baytown, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 13, 14 in Baytown, TX
Casting for the production "The Unexpected Guest." Project description: "A thriller as well as a puzzler set in a foggy estate in Wales, this mystery opens as a stranger walks into a house to find a man murdered and his wife standing over him with a gun."6 hours ago
- Start Date: 07- 13-15 End Date: 11-19-15 Stipend Available Position will start work remotely on July 13th. NYC production meetings and rehearsals begin August 1st. Now All We Have Left is Each Other is the recipient of the first Henson Foundation Residency at the Eugene O'Neill Theater Center. The creative team will be in residence on the O'Neill campus from September 1-12, and will present a work in progress showing in NYC in November of 2015.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Looking for NYC-based Production Manager for the workshop of a new play by Liz Hara. This show is being directed by Spencer Lott and features the puppetry of Martin P. Robinson (Little Shop of Horrors). Now All We Have Left is Each Other After the deaths of their parents, 17 ...7 hours ago
- The reading is on August 15th, at the EXIT Theatre in San Francisco. There will be two 3-4 hour rehearsals before the production. The audition is on Sunday, July 19th, at 5PM sharp, at the Pan Theater, 2135 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612. Please prepare a one to two minute dramatic monologue. You may also be asked to read from sides. You should arrive at the audition ten minutes before 5PM to sign in. We will begin seeing people at 5PM.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA; Bay Area, CA
This is an audition for a STAGED READING for a NEW PLAY. The reading is ONE NIGHT ONLY. The play, 'Coming Home', follows the protagonist Lena as she navigates between a world of pragmatic decisions and a dreamlike existence in which love, art, and beauty reign supreme.8 hours ago
- AUDITIONS will be held on Saturday, July 19th from 10 am to 3 pm at The Los Angeles Film School, 6363 Sunset Blvd. 9th Floor. CALL-BACKS will be held on Sunday, July 19th from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at the same location.
- Seeking submissions from: LOS ANGELES, CA
The Los Angeles Theatre Factory Studio is pleased to announce their next production of THE HAIRY APE by Eugene O'Neill, directed by Clay Guiltner. The first phase of our production includes a staged reading performance of the play, and will culminate with a full production run in the months following. ...9 hours ago
- Filmed in the New York/ New Jersey area from mid-August to mid-September; weekdays (exact dates and times tbd)
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Elizabeth is the first generation Spanish American in her family, born and raised in New Jersey; she was raised with a heavy set of Catholic morals and expectations. The only way her family will allow her to attend college is if she takes the almost two hour commute each way. ...11 hours ago
- Performances run September 11-October 3 on Mon., Fri. & Sat. nights, with a Sat. afternoon matinee on September 19 in UT.
- Auditions: Jul 14, 16 in Magna, UT
Casting "The Drowsy Chaperone." Project Description: To chase his blues away, a modern day musical theatre addict known simply as ‘Man in Chair’ drops the needle on his favorite LP — the 1928 musical comedy "The Drowsy Chaperone." From the crackle of his hi-fi, the uproariously funny musical magically bursts ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 25; performances will run September 4-20 in Fountain Hills, AZ.
- Auditions: Jul 18, 19 in Fountain Hills, AZ
Casting Rodgers and Hammerstein's "South Pacific." Project Description: This epic musical centers on a group of American sailors and nurses stationed in the South Pacific during World War II. Nellie Forbush befriends and quickly falls for Emile de Becque, a French plantation owner, and Lt. Joe Cable finds himself in ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 18; performances will run August 21-30 in Fountain Hills, AZ.
- Auditions: Jul 11, 12 in Fountain Hills, AZ
Casting A.R. Gurney's "Sylvia." Project Description: A modern romantic comedy about a marriage and a dog. Greg and Kate have moved to Manhattan after twenty-two years of child-raising in the suburbs. Greg’s career as a financial trader is winding down, while Kate’s career, as a public-school English teacher, is beginning ...11 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin August 15; performances will run October 1-November 7 in Scottsdale, AZ
- Seeking submissions from: Scottsdale, AZ
Casting the children's classic "Mary Poppins," based on the book by P.L Travers. Project Description: When Jane and Michael , the children of the wealthy and uptight Banks family, are faced with the prospect of a new nanny, they are pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the magical Mary Poppins ...12 hours ago
- Performances will run September 10-12, 14, 17-19 at the old West Jordan Library.
- Auditions: Jul 8, 9 in West Jordan, UT
Casting "The 39 Steps," a madcap stage adaptation of the famed 1935 Alfred Hitchcock film (and John Buchnan novel) of the same title. Project Description: "The 39 Steps" trails unsuspecting Englishman Richard Hannay as he is inadvertently drawn into an elaborate plot by a dark and beautiful female spy. When ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 1; Performances will run October 9-25 in Peoria, AZ.
- Auditions: Jul 11 in Peoria, AZ
Casting "Man of La Mancha," by Dale Wasserman. Project Description: Theater Works honors the 50th anniversary of this iconic production's Broadway premiere. The MasterWorks Season opens with one of the greatest American musicals of all times. "Man Of La Mancha" is the remarkable, poignant and moving story about the “mad” ...12 hours ago
- Performances are upcoming in Las Vegas, NV. Both full time and part time positions are available.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Casting an upcoming show in Las Vegas, NV.13 hours ago
- Runs July 27-Aug. 9 in Norristown, PA. Note: This two-week session will be used to collaborate on the first phase of a new TYA piece. Afterward, there will be a small showing for staff, potential collaborators, & friends of Theatre Horizon & their children.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Norristown, PA
Seeking Equity actors of all ages and nationalities who are strong improvisers and collaborators. 10 actors, roughly even between females and males.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 8; runs Dec. 20-Jan. 3, 2016 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: Jul 18 in Minneapolis, MN
Seeking actors for a new musical at Guthrie's Dowling Studio.14 hours ago