Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- 1st Rehearsal: August 14th, 2014; Opening: September 20th, 2014; Closing: September 27th, 2014; Rehearsals at: Shetler Studios (244 W. 54th St.); Performances at: American Theatre of Actors (314 W. 54th St.)
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Sea Legs: A Nautical New Musical"- An original Off-Broadway musical Produced by: Lindsay Alexis, Alexa Bergman, and Jason Kovacs Book and Lyrics by: Tyler Dean Music by: Michael Tooman Directed by: Taylor Norton Choreographed by: Whitney Brandt1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin August 18 in Austin, Texas. Production runs September 17-October 19 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Jul 28, in Austin, TX
Casting for the production "The King and I." Project description: "A widow accepts a job as a live-in governess to the King of Siam's children."3 hours ago
- Rehearses July 2014; runs August 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 24, 25 in Bronx, NY
Casting a comedy production of skits, music and laughter.5 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 15; runs through Oct. 10 in NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 6, in New York, NY
Casting Equity dancers for "Something Rotten," with music & lyrics by Wayne & Karey Kirkpatrick.7 hours ago
- Located in Netcong, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Netcong, NJ
Casting equity actors for Growing Stage's 2014-15 Main Stage Season. Season includes: Disney's "The Little Mermaid" (Stephen L. Fredericks, dir.; Jilian Petrie, music dir. and choreo.; Doug Wright, book author; Alan Menken, music; Howard Ashman & Glen Slater, lyrics; Rehearses September 1, 2014; runs October 3 - 26, 2014); "The ...6 hours ago
- Read-through take place Aug. 16; recording takes place at a home studio in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a new concept recording of a musical version of "The Cherry Orchard." Composer states: "This is a low-budget independent recording, but audible.com has already given the go-ahead on distribution."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in San Jose, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 16 in San Jose, CA
Casting the theatrical productions for the City Lights 2014-2015 Season. Production description: "The first five shows of the season will be 'ART' by Yasmina Reza, 'Truce: A Christmas Wish From the Great War' by Kit Wilder and Jeffrey Bracco, 'Build' by Michael Golamco, 'M. Butterfly' by David Henry Hwang, and ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 2; previews begin Sept. 11; runs approx. Sept. 17-Oct. 5 at the 59E59 Theaters in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Ndebele Funeral."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in Oakland, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Oakland, CA
Casting the performance "ScareCo Haunted Attraction." Production description: "A high energy, month long adventure that will allow you to explore the dark and twisted side of your persona while dressed as a monster."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances January 2nd - January 18th, in Aptos, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 12, 13, in Aptos, CA
Casting the musical comedy "Urinetown." Production description: "Set in a futuristic world, a terrible water shortage has led to a government-enforced ban on private toilets in an attempt to regulate water consumption. The citizens of Urinetown must use public, pay-per-use amenities owned and operated by the Urine Good Company, a ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances through June, in Oakland, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, in Oakland, CA
Casting the theatrical production "Self-Directed Apprentice Show." Production description: "After training throughout the year in physical and vocal performance skills, ensemble creation, writing and directing, selected auditioners will be involved in the creation and performance of original works throughout the season including a self-directed Apprentice Show during the Gallery Show ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 1; tour runs through May 2015.
- Auditions: Aug 9 in New York, NY
Casting a nonunion tour of "Sister Act: A Divine Musical Comedy."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning Sept 15. Performances October 31 - November 16, in Danville, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Danville, CA
Casting the play "Arsenic And Old Lace." Production description: "A drama critic learns on his wedding day that his beloved maiden aunts are homicidal maniacs, and that insanity runs in his family."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3, 2015; runs Feb. 26-March 22 (Thu.-Sun. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Fort Worth, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Fort Worth, TX
Casting "Time Stands Still."10 hours ago