Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals will be held June 1-July 26 at the University of Maryland campus, with productions to be held at the Brookland Artspace Lofts Studio during the Capital Fringe Festival from July 11-July 26 (weekend dates with one Wednesday afternoon).
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in College Park, MD
Good Egg Community Theatre is looking for 2-4 actors age 18+ for roles in a devised piece for kids. Roles will involve developing the stories with the cast as well as acting. Rehearsals begin next week (on the University of Maryland College Park campus) and performances are on weekends in ...4 minutes ago
- The reading is JUNE 9, 2015 at CAP21. There will be one 2 hour rehearsal on June 9th - 2:30 to 4:30. Reading starts at 7PM.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
"Music From Big Dead" a play by Donna Kaz is casting for the role of RICARDO, 25-35, west coast rock musician (drummer). Confident, attractive, determined, talented with a vulnerable and soft side that stands in contrast to the world of rock and roll. (No singing or playing instrument required) The ...6 minutes ago
- Rehearses in Waterbury, CT from July 15-29 with preview performances at Mattatuck Museum Performance Arts Center on July 30-31. Tours to Guilford, CT with technical rehearsals August 3-4 and performances August 5-9. Dates subject to change. One additional tour date on August 29th at McLaughlin Vineyard in Newtown, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Hartford, CT; New York, NY; Boston, MA
Shakesperience Productions is casting The Comedy of Errors to be presented at the 14th Annual Shakespeare on the Shoreline in Guilford, CT. Artistic Director Emily Mattina, dir.9 minutes ago
- All rehearsals and performances in Manhattan. Production part of the Theater for the New City's Dream Up Festival August 30-September 20, 2015. Rehearsals begin about July 10
- Auditions: Jun 18, 20 in New York City, NY
African American actors for one acts-each actor will be in 2 or 3 of the five plays. Plays range from comedic to dramatic to surreal. Casting for women and men 40-65, women 18-30, trim, one light enough to 'pass' and men 20-35 trim.1 hours ago
- Quick study learners with Director's guidance and video clips of ongoing show. Show is at St.Luke's Theatre
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Casting for ongoing OffBroadway Musical- Comedy "The Jackie Mason Musical"8 hours ago
- Rehearsals are to commence within the next week for a four-day competition (six days if the play is selected to enter the finals) in late June in NYC. Actors must commit to all rehearsals and performances, including dress rehearsal prior to the competition.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "Commuters" -- a one-act play to be featured in an upcoming off-Broadway short play competition. LOGLINE: A grim look at the distance people place between themselves in today’s technologically-obsessed culture of “more is more” and “now isn’t soon enough.”9 hours ago
- Auditions are July 30 and July 1. Rehearsals begin July 5 and end August 13. Shows are August 14 through August 23 (6 performances). The cast will be large and includes a children's chorus and an orchestra. All auditions and performances will be at the (800 seat) ERNEST BORGNINE THEATRE at 855 Elm Avenue - Long Beach, CA 90802. Rehearsals will be in different locations in or near Long Beach.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Beach, CA; Huntington Beach, CA; Torrance, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Pedro, CA; Cerritos, CA
Seeking specific Crew and Creative Staff Positions for "Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" - some positions are paid, others are volunteer/interns. Please list your relevant musical theatre experience when submitting or your educational goals if currently studying.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals throughout August (possibly beginning at the very end of July, availability permitting) in a rehearsal space in Brooklyn. Performances will be held on August 24th, 26th, and 29th in competition in the Thespis Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater.
- Auditions: May 30, in Brooklyn, NY
This premiere of a new take on the world of Pooh is a deliciously-black comedy about a college-age Christopher Robin who discovers that the home you come back to won't always be the home you remember. Or the home you want. Or the home you want to remember… Auditions will ...12 hours ago
- The NYC International Fringe Festival runs August 14th - 30th, with 5 - 6 performances as yet to be scheduled. General auditions are June 6th, and call backs are June 13th.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Long Island City, NY
One male and one female actor needed for a play to be staged at the 2015 NYC International Fringe Festival. Both actors should be in their thirties.12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 19 (rehearsals are typically Mon.-Fri., early eves., and all day Sat.); runs last wk. of July-Aug. 1 at the Tongva Native American Amphitheatre Heritage Park, 12100 Mora Dr., Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar" for Santa Fe Springs Community Playhouse's 29th Season. All roles open; all ages considered.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 6-July 31; runs Aug. 13-16 & Aug. 20-23 in CT.
- Auditions: Jun 12, 13 in Norwich, CT
Casting "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" as part of The Chestnut Street Playhouse's 2015 season, “What Does it Mean to…?” Director states: "Discover What it means to achieve in this hilarious and touching Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winning production."13 hours ago
- Performs June 30 (7:30-9 p.m.) at the Horton Grand Theater in downtown San Diego.
- Auditions: May 31 in San Diego, CA
Seeking actors to bring to life the 10 winning works from 2015 Memoir Writers Competition at The 2015 San Diego Memoir Writer's Showcase. Readings will be 5-7 minutes long, primarily monologues.14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 28, 2015; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 14, 2016 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Jun 8 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "#TheRevolution" by Kristoffer Diaz.14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; previews begin Nov. 10 in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: Jun 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 in New York City, NY
Casting "West Side Story" with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.14 hours ago