Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Production runs July 16-18, 23-26, 30-31 and August 1-2, in Bulverde, TX.
- Auditions: May 31 in Bulverde, TX
Casting for the musical "Forbidden Broadway."3 minutes ago
- Production runs September 18-October 4, in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7, in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting for the musical "Monty Python's Spamalot." Project description: "The outrageous musical comedy lovingly ripped from the film classic "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," tells the story of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they embark on the quest for the Holy Grail."29 minutes ago
- The reading will be held at 8 pm on Friday, July 17, 2015, at the La Jolla Torrey Pines Hilton as a special event at the Dramatists Guild of America national conference. A rehearsal will be held earlier in the day on Friday.
- Seeking submissions from: San Diego, CA
Casting a staged reading of scenes from the new work Somewhere I Can Scream at the Dramatists Guild of America. This play is based on the real-life 1920s murder investigation of the death of a female medical student at the hands of her college professor lover, a former Olympic gold ...44 minutes ago
- "The Producers" runs September 11-27, "The Addams Family" runs November 6-22, and "Sweet Charity" runs January 15-31, 2016, in Kenner, LA.
- Auditions: Jun 6, 7 in Kenner, LA
Casting for Rivertown Theaters' 2015 Fall Season. Productions for the season include "The Producers," "The Addams Family," and "Sweet Charity."1 hours ago
- Production runs July 23-August 23, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 3, 4 in Houston, TX
Casting for the musical "Man of La Mancha." Project description: "This famous Broadway musical is inspired by Miguel de Cervantes and his seventeenth-century masterpiece Don Quixote."2 hours ago
- Rehearsal is preferably on May 25, Monday any time between 8am-9pm or May 26, Tuesday 8am-Noon or 4.30-9pm Location will be in Old Town, Pasadena
- Seeking submissions from: Pasadena, CA; Los Angeles, CA; CA
Casting for a play called Love-Lies-Bleeding by Don DeLillo. The plot is about the effect of an artist’s, Alex Macklin, condition has on his son, Sean, and his fourth wife Lia. After a major second stroke, Alex is left in a persistent vegetative state, and the other characters gather to ...8 hours ago
- Around May 12- August 2
- Auditions: Jul 9, 16, 23 in Winona, MN
General company audition for Great River Shakespeare Festival's 2016 Summer Season. NOTE: Additional EQUITY auditions will be held in Minneapolis this fall, dates TBA11 hours ago
- Time commitment will be minimal, including only one informal table read, and one evening staged reading (late June 2015, exact date and performance venue TBD). Performance will take place in Montclair, NJ. Previous venues for the series include Montclair Women's Club and Van Vleck House & Gardens.
- Seeking submissions from: Montclair, NJ; New York, NY
A Midsummer Night's Dream Montclair Shakespeare Series Seeking actors (AEA/non-AEA), musicians, and a stage manager for a one-night concert reading of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream to be performed in Montclair, NJ in a historic venue and accompanied by live acoustic music. Actors must be classically trained, have significant ...17 hours ago
- Development rehearsals are in progress in preparation for performances in 2015/2016 as part of an NYC festival, followed by a short Off-Broadway run funded by Kickstarter. During development, rehearsals will take place one to two times a month, usually in Brooklyn. Since this work thrives on collaboration, after an initial screening, we would like interested musicians to attend a 30 minute rehearsal in Manhattan (or Brooklyn if it suits!) to see if our sensibilities fit.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; Manhattan, NY
Audition Notice: Musician Needed for Development and Production The creative team behind the one woman show “Use Your Words” is holding auditions for a musician to join them at the development level. This short play is a physical comedy that makes extensive use of sound and absolutely no words. We ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 8, 2015, schedule tbd based on actors availability. Rehearsals are held at Theatre-Hikes rehearsal space near California and Montrose Ave. Performances: North Park Village Nature Center, 5801 N. Pulaski, Chicago, July 18 & 19 Pullman State Historic Site, 11111 S. Forestdale Ave, Chicago, July 25 & 26 The Morton Arboretum, 4100 IL Route 53, Lisle, IL, August 1-30, Sat & Sun only All performances at 1PM
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; Lisle, IL; Schaumburg, IL
Casting 3 men for Clue, The Musical performing mid July through August 30, Saturdays and Sundays only at 1PM.20 hours ago