Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Thursdays 4:30 - 6:30; Saturdays 4:30 - 7:30 beginning December 12th Break for Holidays Opening April 3 for six performances
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting young adult male lead and secondary male roles for a youth theater company's production of the musical "Me and My Girl," set in 1930s London.6 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be Mon.-Thurs. evenings at Eastwood Church 1601 Eastland Ave; 3rd floor in East Nashville, TN (Same location as auditions); Opening Feb. 7-10 in Dayton,OH runs to April, 2014 traveling around middle Tennessee.
- Auditions: Dec 18 in Nashville, TN
Casting "The Altos: A Little Lower Than The Sopranos" Directed by Rachael L. Rodgers with the assistance of Brittany B. Anderson Synopsis: "From Hunt Mysteries to Mel O'Drama Theater. It's Chicago in the 1920's. Big Louie Alto's retirement banquet where his successor of the family business is to be named. ...7 hours ago
- Reading is either late April or early May, 2014 in Pasadena, CA. Note: Rehearsal locations will vary.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; N. Hollywood, CA; Pasadena, CA; Hollywood, CA
Casting "The Legend of Bonny Anne Bonny," a new play. Synopsis: "Anne Bonny was a real person, a pyrate, as notoriously brutal as she was beautiful. Hers is a tale of intrigue, romance, adventure, betrayal, violence, sex, drinking, cursing, gambling, singing and sword-fighting; a tribute to Rogues, Knaves, Whores and ...9 hours ago
- Rehearses mid-December, in Shoreline, WA; performs one day in December, in Vancouver, B.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Shoreline, WA; Seattle, WA
Casting actor to play Hercules in one performance of the children's show "Hercules and the Golden Apple." Project description: "Last Leaf offers programs for young audiences, and this fun and fanciful adaptation of one of Hercules' many labors features riddles, puns, and puzzles as our hero pursues his quest to ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 11, 2014 in Glen Falls, NY; runs Apr. 3-6 at the Charles Wood Theater in Glen Falls, NY; Apr. 11-13 in Clayton, NY; May 2-3 in Lake Placid, NY; May 24,-25, 30 -31, and June 7 at Siena College in Loudonville, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 11 in Loudonville, NY
Casting "Four Play" a musical comedy by Richard Wilson.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 8, 2014; runs July 31-Aug. 17, 2014 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 22, 23 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "Quills."12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 15; opens tentatively Feb. 15, 2014 in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 19 in New York, NY
Casting "Sordid Lives" by Del Shores.14 hours ago
- Rehearses early February; runs mid-February-May 2014 at various locations in the Tri-State Area.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting two 45-minute fast-paced and audience-interactive children's plays, "Johnny Appleseed" and "Ben Franklin," which will tour libraries and schools.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 3; runs Feb. 12-March 16, 2014 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in Jacksonville, FL
Casting "I Ought to be in Pictures." Richard Karn will play the role of Herb.15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 17; runs March 26-April 27 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in Jacksonville, FL
Casting "The Color Purple."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD; tentative performance Jan. 5, 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "What Does It Mean to be an American?," a play about immigration which revolves around a Mexican woman.yesterday
- Rehearses Jan. 11-Feb. 6 at 270 E. Bonita Ave., Pomona, CA; runs Feb. 7-March 16 at The Candlelight Pavilion, 455 W. Foothill Blvd, Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 30 in Claremont, CA
Casting "My Fair Lady," the story of the over-confident Professor Higgins and his experiment that attempts to transform a cockney girl, Eliza, into a proper-speaking lady. Higgins and his friend Colonel Pickering make great progress with the girl and even take her to the horse races and a grand ball. ...yesterday