Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- AUDITION: Sept. 12, 2015 @ 5 pm Rehearsals will be EVERY SATURDAY @5 in Sept and Oct, and Dec until the Day of the play, Dec. 20th. Novembers schedule will be the same, except for Thanksgiving weekend! There will be NO REHEARSAL that weekend! REHEARSALS ( all rehearsals held at 730 East Boundary St. Augusta GA 30901)
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Augusta, GA
Casting: "An Urban Christmas Carol" a play based on the classic legend but set in the modern "hood"! Ebenisha, riddled with anger and greed, face the ghost of her past, present, and future, to an unexpected end; a twist! This play is the world's first Interactive Play where the audience ...7 hours ago
- Bonnie and Clyde will play weekends in The Kweskin Theatre, Stamford, from Nov. 13 to Dec. 12. Rehearsals begin Monday, Sept. 21, generally 7pm - 9pm, Monday thru Thursday. Nonpaying. Hotel accommodations for tech week and performance weekends provided.
- Seeking submissions from: Stamford, CT
Curtain Call will be holding auditions for Bonnie and Clyde, the new musical with music by Frank Wildhorn, lyrics by Don Black, and a book by Ivan Menchell. Curtain Call’s production will be directed by George S. Croom with music direction by Eric K. Johnston. Auditions will take place at ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals start Oct. 5 (Mon. & Weds. 7-10 p.m.); runs Nov. 30-Dec. 6
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY
Casting "The ButtCracker," a comical, parody "danc-ical" set in modern-day New York City, spoofing not only the story of the Nutcracker ballet, but also all of the popular dance/movies/television shows spanning the last few decades. Juxtaposing the themes of "Footloose," "Dirty Dancing," "Fame," "Flashdance," and many others, the plot creates ...11 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 18 and Oct. 7-9 (6-10 p.m.) and Sept. 19 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.) in Stone Mountain, GA; additional virtual rehearsals will be scheduled. Tech rehearsal will be held Oct. 10 (8 p.m.) at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center; performs Oct. 10 (10 p.m.) at the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center on the campus of Morehouse College.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting "Suzette's Saga" inspired by a true story, examines the universal subject of colorism (tension between lighter and darker skinned siblings). Main character, Suzette, is 15 when told a family secret. Later, a co-worker brings an unexpected reveal which greatly impacts her life. Four generations are represented in this contemporary ...13 hours ago
- Auditions September 8 in Clarkston, GA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Clarkston, GA
Casting for the stage play, "Don't Call Me Brother." Project description: "Another black youth killed by a police officer under questionable circumstances coupled with the ensuing media frenzy over the community’s response to this latest death, forces Andrew Merritt, recently appointed Chief of Police, into a difficult position."13 hours ago
- Rehearses Sept. 20-Dec. 3 in Valley Stream, NY (across from the LIRR station); runs Dec. 4-20 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; Long Island, NY
Casting "A Christmas Carol," a new musical written by Daniel Orama. Synopsis: This is a present-day telling of the classic Charles Dickens tale of a hard and bitter man name Ebeneezer Scrooge. He experiences a transformation when Marley and his three ghosts pay him a visit, taking him back through ...14 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 2015 in NYC; run begins October (12-weeks tour) in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3, in North Hollywood, CA
Seeking six-foot-tall Jason Lee look-a-like actors who sing and move well for "Alvin & The Chipmunks Live On-Stage," the national tour.14 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 22-Dec. 10 (Thanksgiving weekend off); performance date(s) TBD in Gardena, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in Gardena, CA
Casting "Night at the Nativity," a non-union production. Synopsis: Children discover that their local mall’s nativity display is more than just a scene to be seen. When seemingly inanimate objects come to life, they may make a world of difference in more ways than one….for better or for worse? Director ...15 hours ago
- Rehearsal start mid-September; runs Oct. 16-Nov. 8 at Center Stage Theater in Fontana, CA
- Seeking submissions from: Fontana, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Guys & Dolls."15 hours ago