Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- The show has been extended for a third time. Rehearsal begins Wednesday, July 8th until the show starts up again on July 17th. The play runs every Friday and Saturday night. Call time is 6PM.
- Auditions: Jul 7 in New York City, NY
Casting for the ongoing production of the immersive play, Speakeasy Dollhouse: Ziegfeld Midnight Frolic, held at the historic Liberty Theater on 42nd Street in Times Square. The interactive show investigates the mysterious 1920's death of Ziegfeld Follies girl Olive Thomas and her relationship with theater impresario Florenz Ziegfeld.6 hours ago
- Rehearses 3x a week - Mondays and Thursdays, 7-10pm; Saturdays, 10-1pm First rehearsal/table read - July 13 at 7pm Opens Wednesday, August 26 and runs through Saturday, August 29 (4 performances) Performing in Midtown Manhattan
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Straight from Dramatists' mouth: "Ten years out of high school, Regan, Gena and Katie convene in the luxurious bridal suite of their old friend, Becky, the night before her wedding in New York City. Fueled by jealousy and resentment, the girls embark on a night of debauchery that goes from ...7 hours ago
- The scene presentation will take place during the directing workshop on Sunday, July 19th, 1-4 PM. Location: An outdoor public space TBA. Rehearsals will be scheduled around actors' availabilities, beginning July 9 through July 18th. Please read those dates again. Looking for actors who are collaborative. Heavy improvisation and physical storytelling.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting actors to present a brief scene from "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (Edward Albee) for a site-specific directing workshop hosted by Primary Stages.8 hours ago
- Runs Oct. 1-31 (Thurs., 8 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 10 p.m.) at the Public House Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Aug 1, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Babysitter Massacre '78" a new musical from the creators of “A Nightmare on Backstreet” and “Bates: An 80’s Musical Psycho Parody.”10 hours ago
- Season runs in Laguna, CA.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in Burbank, CA
Seeking actors for Laguna Playhouse's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "I'm Still Getting My Act Together" (Rehearsals begin Sept. 15; runs Oct. 7-Nov. 1); "Act Three" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 16; runs Jan. 6-31); "Sex and Education" (Rehearsals begin Apr. 5; runs Apr. 27-May 22); "Buyer and Cellar" (Rehearsals begin May 10; ...11 hours ago
- Rehearses for three weeks prior to the show (Weeks 1 & 2: Tues.-Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Week 3 (Tech week): Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) and performs in Northbrook, IL.
- Auditions: Jul 13 in Northbrook, IL
Seeking three Equity actors for the Northbrook Theatre's 2015-2016 season. Season includes "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day" (Runs Saturdays Oct. 10-31 and Nov. 7-21 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.) and "Junie B. Jones, The Musical" (Saturdays Jan. 23, 30 and Feb. 6-27 at 10 ...13 hours ago
- Currently runs on tour.
- Auditions: Jul 21, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity dancers who sing for possible replacements in the ensemble in currently running Tour Production of "Pippin," a musical. Note: The world of "Pippin" we are trying to create involves the use of multi-disciplined circus arts. For our actors, singers and dancers, we are really interested to see what ...14 hours ago
- Rehearses late September -October in NYC; runs the first three weeks of November at IATI Theatre, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Queens, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Bronx, NY
Casting "The Dishonorable Discharge of Private Pitts," a world premiere play loosely based on actual events, focusing on a young Texas girl's unorthodox journey from "miracle child" to aimless rebel, into the throes of the Iraq War and beyond.14 hours ago
- Rehearses Aug. 1-12 (daytimes with some early evenings); runs Aug. 14-30 at FringeNYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Fuente Ovejuna," a play based upon an actual historical incident that took place in the village of Fuenteovejuna in Castile in 1476. The Commander mistreated the villagers, who banded together and killed him. When a magistrate sent by King Ferdinand II of Aragon arrived at the village to investigate, ...15 hours ago
- Currently running on tour.
- Auditions: Jul 20 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actors who sing for possible replacements of various roles in currently-running tour production of "Pippin."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 17, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016, with possible extension through Jan. 17, 2016 in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Jul 21 in New York, NY and Jul 28, in New York, NY
Casting Equity dancers who sing and Equity singers for "Kiss Me Kate," with music & lyrics by Cole Porter, with book by Sam and Bella Spewack.16 hours ago