Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- 2016 FALL NYC
- Seeking submissions from: NEW YORK CITY, NY
A POWERFUL DRAMA ON ADDICITON AND RECOVERY REACHING MORE THAN 40,000 PEOPLE UNDERGROUND IN PRISONS, SHELTERS, REHABS, HOSPITALS AND COMMUNITIES. THE CAST AND CREW HAVE REMAINED ANONYMOUS (NO LAST NAMES) AND HAVE DECLINED MEDIA COVERAGE FOR TWO DECADES. WE ARE WITNESSING EVEN THOSE IN PRISON WEEPING AFTER OUR PERFORMANCES, NOT ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin December 21, performances will run January 28-February 7, 2016 in Sun City West, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 5 in Sun City West, AZ
Casting "Romantic Fools" by Rich Orloff. Project Description: Romantic Fools examines love, lust, dating, and romance — from a date with a caveman, to the joys of dull sex, to the surprise frustrations of having a perfect mate. With influences of Monty Python, Saturday Night Live, Jules Feiffer, the Marx ...1 hours ago
- REHEARSALS: December 5-10, 2015 and January 9-11, 2016 in NYC. Actors MUST be avail for dress rehearsal on Jan 11 from 8:30pm-11pm at Manhattan Repertory Theatre (303 West 42nd Street #3). PERFORMANCES (Manhattan Repertory Theatre): Tues January 12 at 9 pm, Weds January 13 at 9 pm, Thurs January 14 at 9 pm, Fri January 15 at 9 pm, Thurs January 28 at 6:30 pm AND 9 pm, Fri January 29 at 6:30 pm AND 9 pm
- Auditions: Dec 2 in New York, NY
Casting the world premiere of BRENTWOOD FEVER, a one-act dark comedy written by Michael Ker. Part of the Manhattan Repertory Theatre's Winter One Act Competition.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin February 15, 2016; performances will run March 11-26, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "Now. Here. This," book by Hunter Bell and Susan Blackwell, Music and Lyrics by Jeff Bowen. Project Description: Created by the team that brought you [title of show], Now. Here. This. is a new musical tackling life’s big questions with inimitable humor and humanity. The show follows the evolution ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin on January 9, and will be held at the Ziegfeld Theater in Ogden, UT. Until the week before opening week, there will usually be four weekday rehearsals and one weekend rehearsal per week. Performances will run March 18-May 7, every Fri. & Sat. evening, plus Mon. and Thurs. performances the final three weeks. There are also two 2 p.m. matinees April 30 and May 7 in Ogden, UT. Also, there is a possibility of a two week extension.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Ogden, UT
Casting the beloved musical from under the sea, “Disney’s The Little Mermaid.” Project description: "Based on the Danish fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen, "The Little Mermaid" tells the story of a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human."3 hours ago
- Ongoing; shows are performed every Friday and Saturday in Scottsdale, AZ. Rehearsals are weeknights.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Scottsdale, AZ
Casting several murder mystery dinner theatre shows. Project Description: Interactive murder mystery dinner theater. Shows are scripted but require some improv. Shows include "Get a Clue or Die," "Deadly Housewives," "How to Murder a Millionaire," plus two new shows. Details on all shows3 hours ago
- The first cast meeting will be January 5, 7 p.m., at CCHS. Rehearsals will generally be Mon.-Fri., 7-10 p.m. and Sat., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Tech and dress runs start February 15, and performances will run February 26, 27, 29 and March 4 & 5, 2016 in Draper, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 5 in Draper, UT
Draper Arts Council is Casting Meredith Wilson's Broadway classic musical "The Music Man." Project Description: The plot concerns con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band organizer and leader and sells band instruments and uniforms to the naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the members of the new ...3 hours ago
- First Cast meeting December 7, 2015; Rehearsals will be held in January/February, 2016; Performances will run February 19, 20, 22, 26, 27 and March 4, 5, 2016 in South Jordan, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 3 in South Jordan, UT
Casting "The Drowsy Chaperone," a delightfully quirky musical. Project Description: The show revolves around one musical theatre fan’s obsession with a fictional 1928 musical comedy, "The Drowsy Chaperone." As he listens to the recording, the characters come to life in his apartment. Winner of 5 Tony awards, you won’t want ...3 hours ago
- Audition pianist needed on December 1, 2:30-4:30 p.m.; December 2, 4-7 p.m.; and December 3, 5-8 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre on the second floor of the Salt Lake Community College South City campus. Rehearses weeknights beginning February 1, 2016. Performances run March 31-April 9, 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2, 3 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting an audition pianist for Stephen Sondheim’s "Company" auditions. Project description: “A musical about Bobby (a single man unable to commit fully to a steady relationship, let alone marriage), the five married couples who are his best friends, and his three girlfriends. ‘Company’ is a concept musical composed of short ...4 hours ago
- Rehearsals will take place Sunday thru Thursday in the evenings at the Heights Players, 26 Willow Place, Brooklyn NY 11201 bet. State and Joralemon Sts., starting December 14th. Performance dates Friday thru Sunday, February 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20 & 21.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in Brooklyn, NY
The Heights Players is thrilled to announce upcoming auditions for their February production of the classic musical comedy, Anything Goes. Book by Guy Bolton, P.G. Wodehouse, Howard Lindsay & Russell Crouse. Music and Lyrics by Cole Porter. Musical Direction by Evan Alparone. Direction and Choreography by Michael Kidney. The story ...8 hours ago
- Rehearsals during the day and some evenings in December, performances weekends in January.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
A young man raises his father. Then he leaves home. He meets a young woman who undoes him. The young woman has her own story: a mother who is a force of nature. It's a play about legacy—how do we become who we are?—and it's about leaving home. We raise ...9 hours ago
- Position runs Feb. 20, 2016-Feb.20, 2017 in China for the second period.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking experienced children's musical drama teachers for Fantasy Children's Performing Arts Center in China.14 hours ago
- December 1- 31 3-4 days a week. The Empire Stage - Fort Lauderdale, Florida Local actors preferred. Show dates are Jan 7 - 24, 2016, Fort Lauderdale and Feb 12,13 Boca Raton, Florida.
- Seeking submissions from: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Casting Actors/Dancers/Singer for the Jackie Mason Musical20 hours ago
- Rehearing starts in December and production in March- 2016
- Auditions: Dec 5, 12, 16, in bronx, NY
Casting for a Play - Friends till the end - based on the book titled Friends till the end.23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in Dec. 2015 (scheduled around actor availability); runs Mar. 4-6, 11-13, and 18 & 19 in South Orange, NJ (a short walk from the South Orange train station on NJ Transit).
- Auditions: Dec 7, 8 in South Orange, NJ
Casting Noel Coward's "Present Laughter." Synopsis: At the centre of his own universe sits matinee idol Garry Essendine: suave, hedonistic, and too old, says his wife, to be having numerous affairs. His line in harmless, infatuated debutantes is largely tolerated but playing closer to home is not. Just before he ...yesterday