Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances of each play will be done using the staged reading guidelines in April, prior to the LOA production. All five will then be presented as work-in-progress showings at the Dorothy Strelsin Theater the week of May 3 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Five Boroughs/One City," a production where Working Theater has commissioned teams of artists to create new plays in collaboration with communities in each of the five boroughs of NYC.a moment ago
- Rehearsals begin June 4; runs July 5-Aug. 2 in Shepherdstown, WV.
- Auditions: Apr 14, 15 in Shepherdstown, WV
Casting the Contemporary American Theater Festival Season. Season includes "World Builders" (Johnna Adams, writer; Nicole A. Watson, dir.); "Everything You Touch" (Sheila Callaghan, writer; May Adrales, dir.); "On Clover Road" (Steven Dietz, writer; Ed Herendeen, dir.); "We Are Pussy Riot' (Barbara Hammond, writer; Tea Alagic, dir.); and "The Full Catastrophe" ...12 minutes ago
- Rehearses in early fall (Sept.-Oct.); runs in mid-late fall (end of Oct.-Nov.) at locations TBD in NYC. Seeking submissions nationwide.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking artist submissions for H.E.A.T. Theatre Company's 2015-16 season. Season includes: "Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts" (late fall 2015) and full-length plays (winter 2015 and spring 2016). Works will be produced on a small budget; these should be finalized scripts that have already undergone a workshopping process. Artistic ...40 minutes ago
- Performances run year-round in the San Diego, CA area.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in Chula Vista, CA
Seeking local theatrical/improv actors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the U.S. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin July 7; performances begin Aug. 28; opens Sept. 11; max run to Oct. 25, in Berkeley, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Amelie." All actors should possess an off-center sense of humor and huge smarts. Extremely interested in all ethnicities and body types. All roles must sing well.2 hours ago
- Rehearsals in April; shows are ongoing in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting a second cast for "Hair'itage: The Journey of Sistahs with Their Hair," an original play about the evolution of black women's hair. Producer states: "Six sistahs tell the story of how their hair defined them at certain times in their lives. You may have heard the expression 'Don’t touch ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin the first wk. of April in the L.A./Orange County area; performs the first wk. of May in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; San Diego, CA; Las Vegas, NV
Seeking a male actor to play the role of Matt from Lanford Wilson's "Talley's Folly" in an audition scene for the Actor's Studio. Actor does not need professional credits, but does need training in scene work either through classes or in productions and availability to rehearse in April. "Talley's Folly" ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD in L.A.; runs every day of Aug. in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Seeking submissions from: Pasadena, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Casting a 40- to 50-year-old male to play various lead characters in a two-person production of a musical to have its world premiere at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Seeking a handsome male baritone or tenor to tackle various characters and some edgy dialogue on the subject of sex. Writer states: ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsal begin Feb. 8; runs Mar. 16-Apr. 24, 2016 in Aurora, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Aurora, IL; Chicago, IL
Seeking strong male and female actors and singers for "West Side Story."18 hours ago
- Rehearses week of Apr. 5-9 in NYC; shoots Apr. 10, 8:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 2, 4 in New York, NY
Casting "Richard III," an NYU student film production of selected scenes from William Shakespeare's Richard III: Act I, Scene I and Act V, Scene V. This production will take an experimental approach toward Richard's famous "Now is the winter of our discontent" monologue as well as his feverish nightmare on ...19 hours ago