Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin in June in Chicago, IL. Shows weekends, August 14-30.
- Auditions: Feb 21, Mar 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bare: A Pop Opera," a musical. Project description: "A group of high school seniors at a Catholic boarding school face issues of sexuality and personal identity. As they struggle to come to terms with who they are, and who the world thinks they should be, they seek answers from ...8 hours ago
- Rehearsals February 2-March 13 in Chicago, IL. Shows March 14-April 19.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Balm in Gilead," a play. Project description: "Balm in Gilead takes place in 1966 in Frank's café, an all-night coffee shop on Manhattan's Upper West Side peopled by a makeshift community of dealers, junkies, hustlers, prostitutes, dreamers and runaways."8 hours ago
- Summer rehearsals begin May 24 in Center Barnstead, New Hampshire. National tour June 14-August 8. Fall rehearsals begin October 4. Tour November 1-December 22.
- Auditions: Jan 30, 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting our summer tour of "Robin Hood" and "Hercules," as well as our fall tour of "The Secret Garden" and "A Christmas Carol." Project description: "Each interactive, educational tour is performed by two actors, with each actor playing multiple roles, from scripts that are original adaptations of literary classics."8 hours ago
- Shows April 2-4 and 9-11 in Chicago, IL. Each play will have approximately five rehearsals in February-March, scheduled to accommodate each director and set of actors. Each actor may be cast in 2 plays. Must be available for tech rehearsals between March 28 and April 1.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Master Works: The Intuit Plays." Project description: "This production is made up of six short plays based on the works of art from Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art's permanent collection. Six playwrights, six works of art, six new plays."9 hours ago
- Rehearsals: May 18-June 11, 2015, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts and Prentis Park Performances: June 11-14, 2015, Prentis Park
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
The South Dakota Shakespeare Festival (SDSF) seeks non-Equity performers for its third outdoor season of free Shakespeare in Vermillion’s Prentis Park. The Festival seeks professional actors and teaching artists from the Great Plains region and nationally to form an ensemble-based Shakespeare company for a four-week contract in Vermillion, South Dakota. ...14 hours ago
- Workshop runs Jan. 26-Mar. 2 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) at a studio location TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Winter 2015 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared, confident, and competitive. The ...18 hours ago
- Show is April 12-13, 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking talent for The 24 Hour Musicals audition contest. Producer states: "Once a year, The 24 Hour Musicals event in NYC stages four star-studded, brand-new musicals--written overnight, rehearsed for one day, and staged before a gala audience. This event has always been by invitation only, including top Broadway and Hollywood ...20 hours ago
- Rehearses in February, runs 9-12 performances in March.
- Auditions: Jan 27 in Omaha, NE
Synopsis: "In Brendan's pub, isolated above the increasingly-empty towns, the men are gathering for their daily pint. The arrival of a stranger in their midst--a woman--spus them to impress her with stories. They are stories of souls past and of spirits very much present. But one story is more chilling ...yesterday
- Plays Sunday through Wednesdays, April 14th, 2015 through May 12th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre, 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203.
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," a musical comedy based on the 1988 MGM film. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Auditions will be held on Monday, February 16th, 2015, from 7-10 pm. To schedule an audition, please call 818-244-8481. Please prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song of ...yesterday
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28 in New York, NY
The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival, February 5th – 22nd. 15 short plays & musicals (comedies & dramas) will perform over three weekends; 5 productions each Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Auditions at the The Players Theatre, Tuesday and Wednesday, January 27th and 28th, 5:00PM-7:00PM, 115 Macdougal. Please ...yesterday
- Playing April 3rd, 2015 through May 9th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre. 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dear Ruth", a comedy written by Norman Krasna. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Directed by George Strattan. Casting is open to all ethnicities. Good comedic timing essential for all characters. Auditions will be held by appointment only on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 from 7-10 pm. Sides ...yesterday