Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Ongoing; shows are performed every Friday and Saturday in Scottsdale, AZ. Rehearsals are weeknights.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Scottsdale, AZ
Casting the 2015-16 season of interactive murder mystery comedies, including "Get A Clue or Die," "Deadly Housewives," and "How to Murder a Millionaire." Details on all shows available at www.murderandameal.com2 hours ago
- Rehearses through September three times a week, 3 to 4 hours. Performs through October at "Amigos del Corralon, INC" in San Juan de Puerto Rico, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Season depends on Box-office, it can be anywhere between two weeks, up to a month. Performs in January 21 @ 9pm, January 23 @ 1pm and January 24 @ 6pm at the Hudson Guild Theater under The Venus/Thespis Theater Festival. Will Perform at the Iberoamerican Theater Festival in Bogota, Colombia through April.
- Auditions: Sep 9 in New York City, NY
Casting Male/Lead Role for " Lost In New York Time", A new two-act absurd play about immigration and the bonds between the past, dreams and our unconsciousness; the play is a puzzle created by the stormy memories of the lead character. The Play has been invited to perform in The ...2 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held in the Midway Community Center which is 50 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and 35 minutes from Provo. Performances will be December 12-22 in the historic Midway Town Hall as a part of Midway’s Small Town Fourth Celebration in Midway, UT. Our sell-out dinner theater show will be held December 17.
- Auditions: Sep 17, 19 in Midway, UT
Casting the popular Disney musical “Beauty and the Beast.” Project Description: An arrogant young prince and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. The spirited, headstrong village girl Belle ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin October 1 and will be held every Wed., Fri. & Sat. evening, excluding the weekends of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Performances will be December 10-12 in UT.
- Seeking submissions from: Salt Lake City, UT
Casting two revue-style productions, "Oliver!" and "Scrooge" for the 2015 Dickens Festival. Project description: "Performers will also interact with the festival attendees as Charles Dickens’ famous characters on the streets of London. At 6 p.m. sharp, the cast of 'Oliver' (a shortened, 50-minute revue) take to the main stage. After ...3 hours ago
- Performances will run January 7-30, Thurs.-Sat. in the Studio Theatre at the Rose Wagner in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Sep 16, 19 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" by Christopher Durang. Project Description: Vanya and Sonia live a quiet life in the farmhouse where they grew up. But their peace is disturbed when movie star sister Masha returns unannounced with her twentysomething boy toy, Spike. A weekend of rivalry, regret, ...3 hours ago
- Rehearsals start last week of September. Tech and performance are on Friday October 30th @ Dixon Place (dixonplace.org)
- Auditions: Sep 9 in New York, NY
Casting a few principal roles for Who Mourns for Bob the Goon? an original play by Joshua Young, about a man who believes he is the obscure comic book character ‘Bob the Goon,’ a nameless Joker henchman from the Batman comics. The audience follows Bob as he attends a special ...3 hours ago
- Performances will run February 12-28, 2016, in UNLV's Judy Bayley Theatre in Las Vegas, NV
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "To Kill a Mockingbird," by Christopher Sergel based on the Pulitzer winning novel by Harper Lee. Project Description: This beloved, classic American story takes place in Alabama in 1935, told from the perspective of a young girl, Scout. It deals with issues of racial inequality, class gender and loss ...4 hours ago
- Performances will run October 23-November 1 in UNLV's Black Box Theatre in Las Vegas, NV
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "The Hound of the Baskervilles," adapted by Steven Canny & John Nicholson from the classic Sherlock Holmes story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Project Description: The play is a spoof but is extremely faithful to the original and retains its darkness and mystery. It is performed by just three ...4 hours ago
- Fall season runs Sept. 18-19 thru Dec. 19-20. There will be no shows Halloween weekend or Thanksgiving weekend. Cast meetings will be once a month.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Thirsty: The Premier Improv Drinking Party is holding auditions for new full-time cast members for the start of its eighth season this fall at the Apollo Studio Theater. Ideal candidates should have a minimum of one year of improv experience on stage and completed at least one training center (iO, ...9 hours ago
- Five rehearsals will take place in the Atlanta metro area. Showcase begins late September 2015.
- Auditions: Aug 31 in Atlanta, GA
Casting "Amina The Stage Play." Project description: "A thrilling story of a woman's journey back to love."23 hours ago
- Rehearsals/Recording will take place in October 2015
- Seeking submissions from: Gloucester, MA; North Shore, MA
What if Orson Welles pitched “Bat-Man” instead of “The Magnificent Andersons” in 1942? Something like a comedy of manners boiled in fan fiction… and hot bathos! Join silver screen legends Orson Welles, John Houseman, Marlene Dietrich, Rita Hayworth, William Hearst, Adolf Hitler and a few Nazi spies in a comedy-drama ...yesterday
- Rehearsals will be throughout mid September through October, approx 2-3 rehearsals a week. Show takes the stage at the Manhattan Repertory Theater October 28-30th. We are casting for these final two roles and beginning with a Table Read Saturday September 5th 11am-2pm.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Life in Slow Motion," the story of an aging struggling musician and his world around him and how they are trying to get him to get a job, change his ways and just accept getting older.yesterday
- Each show rehearses three weeks. Go to website, www.newstagetheatre.com, for show dates.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4 in New York, NY
New Stage Theatre, a professional theatre, located in Jackson, Mississippi, is casting for its current season including CRIMES OF THE HEART, A TIME TO KILL, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? and RED. Each show rehearses three weeks. Go to website, www.newstagetheatre.com, for show dates.yesterday
- AUDITION DATES: Sept. 14 & 15 7pm REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: September 21- October 29, 2015 PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE: October 30 - November 22, 2015 Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm Theater on High Street 45 E High St Moorpark, CA 93021
- Seeking submissions from: moorpark, CA
A mashup of 70‘s classic TV show’s “The Love Boat” and “Fantasy Island”, the crew and passengers of the tragically named Costa Titanica cruise ship must fight to survive the evil plans of Mr. Bjorke and his sidekick Baboo, as he makes taking over the ship his first step in ...yesterday