Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal begins June 24; runs July 19-Aug. 31 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Auditions: May 14, 15 in New York City, NY
Casting "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" by Christopher Durang.yesterday
- Workshops Monday, June 16 through Friday June 27, 2014, 6-10PM Weeknights, 1-6PM Weekends. Rehearsals July 15th through August 1st, 2014 10, 6-10PM Weeknights, 1-6PM Weekends Performances: Weekends Only, 2pm, August 2nd through September 14th, except for 6:30pm performance Friday, August 15th . 13 Performances. No Performances Labor Day Weekend (AUG 30-31). Includes Friday Night Warmups each weekend before performances. (Thurs warmup 8/14).
- Seeking submissions from: NY
THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY seeks Assistant Director for its Summer Street Theater, a Socially Conscious Operetta for the Street, “EMERGENCY.” This is a full-scale musical production with 30 actors and a 5-piece band which will tour all five boroughs of New York City3 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 15 (Geva) & Oct. 14 (Arizona); runs Sept. 3-Oct. 5 (Geva) and Oct. 18-Nov. 30 (Arizona).
- Auditions: May 7, 8, 9 in New York City, NY
Casting "Wait Until Dark" by Frederick Knott and adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin May 19; runs July 3-Aug. 3 with possible extension through Aug. 17 at Chance Theater in Anaheim, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Anaheim, CA; Orange, CA; Brea, CA; Irvine, CA; Newport Beach, CA; San Diego, CA; Fullerton, CA; Westminster, CA; Yorba Linda, CA
Casting additional submissions for the role of Camila for the award-winning musical, "In The Heights," a potent reminder of the importance of chasing one's dreams and finding where you belong.1 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Sarasota, FL.
- Auditions: May 1 in New York, NY
Casting Asolo Repertory Theatre's 2014-15 season. Season includes: "South Pacific" (Richard Rodgers, music; Oscar Hammerstein II, lyrics; Oscar Hammerstein and Joshua Logan, book; Rob Ruggiero, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct.14; previews begin Nov. 11; closes Dec. 28, 2014); "The Matchmaker" (Thornton Wilder, writer; Peter Amster, dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 2, 2014; ...Tuesday
- Rehearsals begin approx. Sept. 22. Previews begin approx. Oct. 17; runs approx. Nov. 13-Jan. 18, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: May 7 in New York, NY
Casting "The Elephant Man."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on/after June 7 depending upon individual show schedules (TBD); performances take place between July 7-27 as part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival in NYC. Note: All shows are full productions.
- Auditions: May 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Madame Infamy." Synopsis: "Madame Infamy" tells the story of Marie Antoinette, last Queen of France, and Sally Hemings, the American slave known for her intimate ties to President Thomas Jefferson. Though their circumstances could not be more different, their paths are parallel and footsteps intersect as they navigate the ...3 hours ago
- Performs in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Jun 4 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting future replacements for all companies of "Jersey Boys."Tuesday