Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin September 8, performs October 22 through November 29, with a possible 1 week extension. Weekday and weekend matinee performances are required.
- Auditions: May 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Mr. Popper's Penguins," a musical for children. Project description: "It tells the story of a poor house painter named Mr. Popper and his family, who live in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930s. The Poppers unexpectedly come into possession of a penguin, Captain Cook. The Poppers then ...a moment ago
- Performances begin in June and run through October in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Chicago, IL
Casting the plays "The Man in the Iron Mask," "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) [revised]" and "War of the Worlds - Chicago" and the musical "Clue."7 minutes ago
- Rehearsals will begin the first week of June, with a possible read-through the last week of May, in Chicago, IL. Five rehearsals per week. Weekday evenings and weekends. No rehearsals on July 4. Tech rehearsals are July 6-9. Performances will be July 10 - August 2 at City Lit Theater.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 28 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Bard Fiction," a play. Project description: "Honor. Betrayal. Foot rubs. Shakespeare and Tarantino collide once again as Commedia Beauregard brings this Elizabethan retelling of 'Pulp Fiction' back to Chicago. Performed in verse. 'Bard Fiction' follows the seedy characters of Tarantino's opus, now part of London's underworld, in seemingly disparate ...16 minutes ago
- Reading May 18 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Odyssey," a staged reading. Project description: "a movement-driven adaptation of Homer's 'The Odyssey.' The staged reading is part of the company's development process and those involved in development will receive first consideration in casting for the full production."25 minutes ago
- Performances in San Rafael, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Rafael, CA
Casting the play "Pizza Man." Production description: "Amy Hyde isn't an unattractive woman, but hides any hints of beauty under baggy clothes."26 minutes ago
- "Gypsy": September 7-November 1 in Crystal Lake, IL. "Plaid Tidings": November 2-January 2. "Death of a Salesman": March 21-May 15, 2016.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 27, 28 in Crystal Lake, IL
Casting the play "Death of a Salesman" and the musicals "Gypsy" and "Plaid Tidings."35 minutes ago
- Performances run August 21-30, in Redwood City, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28, 29, May 3 in Redwood City, CA
Casting the musical "Addams Family Musical." Production description: "Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family. A man her parents have never met. And if that weren’t upsetting enough, she confides in her father ...41 minutes ago
- Performances ongoing, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 25 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "Beach Blanket Babylon." Production description: "Beach Blanket Babylon follows Snow White as she takes a fast-paced journey around the world in search of her "Prince Charming." Along the way she encounters a large group of figures from popular culture, who together perform satirical songs. Figures lampooned include ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 25; performs date not set yet.
- Auditions: May 16 in Manhattan, NY
Casting "Jubilation," a musical comedy. Synopsis: A spoiled alien who lives with his parents is flying in his spaceship, texting friends, not paying attention to his driving, and crashes on earth in the town of Jubilation, Idaho. His life and the lives of people he meets will be changed forever.1 hours ago
- Rehearsals beginning April. Performances June 13-28, in Santa Clara, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Clara, CA
Casting the musical "Tomfoolery." Production description: "A comic musical revue based on the satirical songs of Tom Lehrer."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals start mid-May. The first weekend runs May 28-31; the second weekend June 4-7; then June 11-14; finally June 18-22. each weekend is self-contained. All rehearsals and performances are at the theatre in Park Slope.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 28, in Brooklyn, NY
The Black Box New Play Festival at Gallery Players runs May 28-June 22. It features 33 short plays in four separate programs run over four weekends. There are many, many wonderful roles are available for men and women from ages 18-75. All races and ethnicities strongly encouraged to attend. NON-EQUITY ...5 hours ago
- Shoots in Stamford, Connecticut on 21 April. 6pm to 10pm.
- Seeking submissions from: CT; NY
Filming a scene from Girl Interrupted as a scene study. Very good dramatic roles for female actors to use on reel.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin June 15th (twice weekly, likely Mon. & Wed. 7:30-10 p.m.); runs for one wk. Aug. 3-9th at an off-off-Broadway theater in midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Answers to Apathy," a new, dramatic two-act play. Synopsis: Embrace your past or your future will haunt you. Rainey Grander has just received news of a life-changing event, and when old friendships and new relationships collide in the present day, the course of everyone's fate lies in the ...14 hours ago
- One week (5 days table work) toward the end of June then a staged reading to follow with the possibility of a second performance evening.
- Auditions: Apr 20, 21, 22 in New York City, NY
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING: This audition notice is for a STAGED reading of Othello. There will be a 1 week all table work rehearsal and then a presentation to an audience. You are NOT expected to be off book. You will read with script in hand at music stands. We ...18 hours ago