Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals January 2016 in Boston, MA; tour runs February-June 1, 2016.
- Auditions: Oct 20 in New York, NY
Casting a national non-Equity tour featuring dramatic adaptations of 19th-century literature.41 minutes ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 19, 20 in Houston, TX
Casting the Main Street Theatre 2015-2016 season. Season includes "Love and Information" (Carol Churchill, writer. Runs Jan. 18, 2016-Mar. 6); "1946" (Tom Hagemann, writer. Runs Feb. 29-Apr. 17, 2016); "Working" a musical (Runs Apr. 18-June 12, 2016); and a TBA summer production (Runs June 20-Aug. 14, 2016).48 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 15; runs Dec. 19-27 in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in St. Petersburg, FL
Casting Equity actors for various roles in a live radio play, "It's a Wonderful Life."1 hours ago
- Runs Feb. 29-Aug. 21, 2016, opening in Paris, France at the Theatre du Chatelet; then the Cologne Philharmonic in Germany; then London, England at Sadler’s Wells Theatre. Note: the run in Paris will be performed entirely in Spanish.
- Auditions: Oct 10 in New York, NY
Casting Spanish speakers of all levels for the international tour of "Carmencita Jones, El Amor Cubano," a new musical inspired by Oscar Hammerstein’s legendary production of "Carmen Jones." This reimagining is set in Cuba in 1958 just before the revolution and will be performed in both Spanish and English.1 hours ago
- Season runs in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Auditions: Oct 19 in New York, NY
Casting Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre 2016 season. Season includes "Sister Act" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2016; runs through Mar. 26, 2016), "Guys & Dolls" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 19, 2016; runs through May 15, 2016), "Beauty And The Beast" (Rehearsals begin May 7, 2016; runs through Jul. 10, 2016), "Church ...1 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD; runs Jan. 29, 30, and 31 and Feb. 5, 6, and 7 in Summit, NJ.
- Auditions: Oct 26, 27, 28 in Summit, NJ
Casting Gilbert & Sullivan's "Pirates of Penzance."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 18, 2016; runs Feb. 4-Apr. 24, 2016 with a possible extension through May, 8.
- Auditions: Nov 8, in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting "First Date," a real-time look at one blind/first date of Aaron and Casey, in which the waiters in the restaurant transform into the people ("baggage") from their past and future, attempting to impact the outcome of their date.1 hours ago
- Runs January-June, 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting for an upcoming Scott Rudin Broadway production.3 hours ago
- Nonunion rehearsals start Dec. 1; union rehearsals start Dec. 7; runs Dec. 19-21 at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts, 403 Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks, CA .
- Seeking submissions from: Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Gift Rap," a one-act musical for young audiences.4 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin immediately in Queens, NY; performances are in schools and geriatric centers throughout the school year and require weekday morning availability.
- Auditions: Oct 13 in Richmond Hill, NY
Seeking both women and men who sing and dance for Once Upon A Time Inc.'s upcoming productions. Shows include "A Christmas Carol," "Alice In Wonderland," etc.5 hours ago
- Rehearses once or twice a week; runs Feb. 19-Mar. 13 in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 7 in Pasadena, CA
Casting an original production of a new edit of Shakespeare's War of the Roses plays, to be performed in Pasadena at the Lineage Performing Arts Center (approx. 60 seats). Seeking actors who are comfortable with Shakespearean text or eager to learn and great at memorization; eager to be a part ...13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27-Nov. 29 (Tues. & Thurs., 6:30-9:30 p.m., excluding Thanksgiving; and Sun., 2-6 p.m.); tech runs Nov. 30-Dec. 3 (6 p.m.-12 a.m.); performs Dec. 4-6, 10-14, and 17-20 (7:30 p.m.) in NYC.
- Auditions: Oct 11 in New York, NY
Casting "Patronage," a play. Synopsis: There is a suitor. He loves a countess. There is a writer. She loves someone lost. There is a countess. She loves words. She loves them passionately, desperately, and all too literally. This three-person, one-violin fairytale explores our relationship with the written word, sexuality, and ...15 hours ago
- Rehearses Oct. 21-Nov. 2; runs Nov. 3, 7, 15, 28, and Dec. 1 (two more dates to be added depending on cast schedules and venue booking) in the NYC area. Actors must be available for rehearsals and all show dates.
- Auditions: Oct 16, 17, 18, 19 in New York, NY
Casting the fall second season opening for "Truffles!," a murder mystery. Synopsis: The show is a truffle-industry murder mystery, with amazing food, sweet jazz, and a "killer" good time. Coordinators state: "Potential to be cast in our ongoing 2016 season run."16 hours ago