Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shows run year round in Columbus!
- Auditions: Dec 2 in Columbus, OH
Seeking actors/improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give ...35 minutes ago
- Shows run year round in Cincinnati.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Cincinnati, OH
Seeking actors/improvisors for The Murder Mystery Company. Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year-round, with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to give ...40 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin March 9, 2015. Shows April 4-May 24, 2015 in St. Charles, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Unnecessary Farce," a play. Project description: "Playwright Smith sets the action in a cheap motel room where an embezzling mayor is supposed to meet with his female accountant, while in the adjoining room, two undercover cops wait to catch the meeting on videotape. Of course, confusion sets in as ...Friday
- Need solid availability for rehearsals in midtown evenings and weekends December (2014) - February 2015 for performances at the Hudson Guild Theatre in the Strawberry One Act Festival in NYC for Performances in Mid-February.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting two male lead actors, age range 35 - 50 to play George and Phil, two aggressive 'SOB' characters in a three character one-act comedy. A capricious female arouses on-line male seekers. They meet and she subjects them to a hodge-podge of test matches. Able to take direction well and ...16 hours ago
- Performances run February 13-15, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Doubt," a drama. Project description: "A Catholic school principal questions a priest's ambiguous relationship with a troubled young student."Thursday
- Rehearsals TBD in Brooklyn, NY; performances begins Dec. 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Cindy's Spirit," a play that's a modern version of the classic tale "Cinderella." It's an urban, fresh comedy-drama that confronts fears, family issues, unleashed dreams, and bullying.21 hours ago
- Rehearses Dec. 1 (8-10 p.m.); performs Dec. 2 & 9 (4-5 p.m. both days) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting actors to perform a scene from the movie "Up in the Air" for an NYU directing class. Coordinator states: "While actors won't physically get any footage, they will have the opportunity to act in front of several student directors looking to cast their films. In essence, acting in this ...22 hours ago
- Rehearses Wednesdays (6 p.m.) in Hollis, NY.
- Auditions: Nov 26 in Hollis, NY
Casting "A Pastor's Downfall," a play based on a pastor who had multiple affairs on his wife due to his wife being unable to bare children. One of the women being his wife sister becomes pregnant with his heir, the pastor is exposed in front of his wife and congregation. ...23 hours ago
- Production dates are variable, and determined by individual attending companies. Both summer and longer-term employment may be available.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
The 2015 StrawHat Auditions are currently accepting applications. StrawHat supports professional theatre and the careers of non-Equity performers and technical artists looking to develop their careers in theater. Company states: "Over 30 summer theater, theme park, and live entertainment production companies form around the country attend each year to cast ...yesterday
- The Shakespeare monologue performance is Dec. 8 (6 p.m.) at a local restaurant in Brooklyn, NY; "A Raisin in the Sun" performs February 2015 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting a Shakespeare monologue performance and "A Raisin in the Sun."yesterday
- Performs Dec. 3 at the Film Dept. of California State Long Beach in Long Beach, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Long Beach, CA
Casting "Tape," an informal student-run play by José Riviera, to be performed in front of a small audience at California State Long Beach. Synopsis: After his death, a man is led into a dark room by an attendant. He seems to have accepted his fate, but does not fully understand. ...Friday
- Rehearses Dec. 5-18; runs Dec. 19-21 & 27-28 in Orange, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 24 in Orange, CA
Casting "Enchanted Wonderland: The Musical." CEO states: "Seven performances, which includes a fundraiser event in which Linda Blair will be in attendance. The fund raiser will be for the Linda Blair World Heart Foundation to help rescue animals, so if you get cast in this show you will have an ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 17; runs Mar. 12-Apr. 5 (possible extension Apr. 12) in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2 in Dallas, TX
Seeking a multi-racial cast of actor/singer/dancers who can sing and dance 1940s swing jump and jive for "Hot Mikado," a musical.Friday
- Performances TBD, in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollister, CA
Casting the pop opera "Bare." Production description: "The story focuses on two gay high school students and their struggles at their private, Catholic boarding school."Friday
- Rehearsals begin November 29. Performances run December 11 and 12, in Berkeley, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Berkeley, CA
Casting the reading "Bridges." Production description: "'Bridges' tackles the growing pains of a multiracial family across generations. The story takes place during the winter of 1965 in Selma, Alabama, and the fall of 2008 in Oakland, California – two historical seasons of activism in the ongoing struggle for equality and ...Friday