Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs Nov. 17-Dec. 20 in NY.
- Auditions: Sep 10, in New York, NY
Casting "A Bronx Tale," a musical based on the one-man play of the same name by Chazz Palminteri. Set against the turbulent 1960s, "A Bronx Tale" follows a young Italian-American teenager finding his path in life as guided by two father figures.4 hours ago
- Season runs in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Buffalo Grove, IL
Casting Marriot Theatre's 2015 season. Season includes "La Cage Aux Folles" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 12; runs Jan. 28-Mar. 29), "Anything Goes" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 23; runs Apr. 8-June 7), "City of Angels" (Rehearsals begin May 25; runs June 10-Aug. 9), "October Sky" (Rehearsals begin July 27; runs Aug. 19-Oct. 18), ...5 hours ago
- Rehearses this Fall/Winter; Performances are typically Fridays & Saturdays through the end of 2014, in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Aug 24, 25, 30, 31 in Beaverton, OR
Casting for the interactive musical play, "Great Gatsby! It's a Murder!" Project description: "This reworking of Fitzgerald's classic novel features a combination of script and improv, as characters mingle over cocktails, chat up tables and give clues to "Whodunit? "4 hours ago
- Workshop runs from on or about Nov. 27-Dec. 20 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9 in New York, NY and Sep 12 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actor/singers for various principal roles in "A Bronx Tale," the musical based on the one-man play of the same name by Chazz Palminteri. Synopsis: Set against the turbulent 1960s, "A Bronx Tale" follows a young Italian-American teenager finding his path in life as guided by two father figures.5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 12; runs Jan. 28-March 29, 2015 in Lincolnshire, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Buffalo Grove, IL
Casting "La Cage Aux Folles."5 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-28, 2014, with a possible one-week extension to Jan. 4, 2015, in Little Rock, AR.
- Auditions: Sep 15, in New York, NY
Casting "Elf."6 hours ago
- Rehearses twice TBD based on actors' availability; put together rehearsal Sept. 2 at 6 p.m.; run through and tech Sept. 4 from 12-5 p.m.; performs Sept. 4 at 8 p.m. (7 p.m. call) at the June Havoc Theatre at 312 W. 36th St. 1st Flr. in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Pause & Play: Fears," a theatrical event made up of original short plays, written by different writers all dealing with the same theme or subject. Each play is rehearsed separately and then the producers put the pieces together to form one presentation two days before the performance. The theme ...7 hours ago
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Sep 5, in New York, NY and Sep 8, in New York, NY
Casting future replacements in the currently-running Broadway production of "Rock of Ages." Ensemble and swings will cover the principal roles listed below.yesterday
- - Rehearsals (NIGHTS & WEEKENDS) for the project begin on or around 9/8 - Tech 10/12-10/15 - Performance Dates 10/16-10/19, 10/23-26, 10/30-11/2
- Auditions: Aug 27, 28 in New York, NY
Equity Showcase code - Pending Equity Approval. Everyday Inferno Theatre Company is casting Union and Non-Union actors for our upcoming site-specific production of ‘The Turn of the Screw,’ adapted from Henry James by Jamie Wylie to be performed at the historic Morris-Jumel Mansion in Harlem/Washington Heights.8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin late-Sept. or early-Oct. 2014 (Wed. at 7:45 p.m., Fri. at 7 p.m., Sat. at 1:30 p.m.) at Anaheim Ballet Studios; performs Dec. 4-7 (dress rehearsal, plus five shows) in Laughlin, NV and Dec. 20 in Anaheim, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, in Anaheim, CA
Casting "The Nutcracker," a full-length ballet for the 28th season of the Anaheim Ballet.21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13 (Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10:30 p.m. and possible Saturdays; no rehearsal Oct. 31); runs Nov. 20-23 in Monrovia, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9, 11 in Monrovia, CA
Casting "Meet Me In St. Louis," based on the heartwarming 1944 movie. Join the Smith family at the 1904 World’s Fair and see how their love and respect for each other is tempered with the genuine humor that can only be generated by such a special family. Memorable musical numbers ...yesterday