Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses March 25 & April 5 (required); runs April 11-12 in midtown Manhattan, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Casting singers for "The Cranky Cabaret." Company states: "A wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its mid-April cast. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme!"12 hours ago
- Production runs May 12-June 7, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 24, 25, 26 in Plano, TX
Casting for the play "Wrens." Project description: "In a cabin in Scotland at the end of World War II, seven women face returning to “civvy” life once the war is over."13 hours ago
- Performs July 16-Aug. 3 (15 shows) at the historic (air-conditioned) Civil War Drill Hall Theater, 130 Grand Ave, Leonia, NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30, Apr 26, 27, May 10, 12, 13, 14 in Leonia, NJ
Casting "Les Miserables."21 hours ago
- Rehearses March; runs late May.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18, 19 in New York, NY
Casting the English adaptation of "Meilleurs Voeux," a contemporary French play. Production states: "'Meilleurs Voeux,' by celebrated playwright Carole Greep is a two-character comedic play which has been in production in Paris for several months. We are now bringing it to New York City."22 hours ago
- Held June 16-29th at the Player's Theatre, 115 MacDougal Street in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking submissions from composers, lyricists, playwrights, writers, directors, accompanists, and more for the 5th Annual West Village Musical Theatre Festival. Producer states: "The 'world's tallest short-musical festival' will feature 30 original pieces over two weeks. Community events, industry collaboration, parties, hobnobbing and the renowned 'Westies' award ceremony are all a ...22 hours ago
- Rehearses April 7-May 22; runs May 23-June 8 at Camino Real Playhouse in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 30, 31 in San Juan Capistrano, CA
Casting "Side Show," based on the true story of Siamese twins Violet and Daisy Hilton who became stars during the depression. Producer states: "'Side Show' was nominated for four 1997 Tony Awards, including Best Musical!"23 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD between Mar. 16 and Mar. 28. Runs Mar. 29 & 30 at Studio Theater in Midtown NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Wolf at the Threshing Floor" a ten-minute play.yesterday
- Tech March 24-25 (8:30-11 p.m.); performs March 18 (7-10 p.m.), March 19 (9-11 p.m.), March 20 (8-11 p.m.), March 21 (8-11 p.m.), March 22 (2:30-5:30 p.m.), and March 23 (2-5 p.m.) in NYC. Note: Character of Danny is needed March 13 (9-11 p.m.), March 15 (3-6 p.m.) and March 17 (9-10 p.m.). Character JT (27) is needed March 15 (3-6 p.m.), March 16 (12 noon-1:30 p.m.) and March 17 (9-10 p.m.). Character JT (42) is needed March 12 (4-7 p.m.), March 16 (12 noon-3 p.m.) and March 17 (7:30-10 p.m.).
- Auditions: Mar 11 in New York, NY
Casting replacements for "A Question of Time," a drama in which three friends forge a bond so strong they swear will never be broken, but fate has other plans as their love is tested by secrets, betrayal, and the finality of death.yesterday
- Performs May 20-June 12, 2014 in Orvieto, Italy (about 60 miles outside of Rome).
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Orvieto Opera is casting a production of Verdi's "Falstaff." Jeff-nominated Chicago-based director, Elizabeth Margolius will direct and will be working alongside critically acclaimed conductor, Nyela Basney. All leading roles are available and will be double cast and guaranteed. The productions feature a world-class Italian 19-piece orchestra and a local chorus, ...yesterday
- Performs June 5 and 8 in Montclair, NJ; performs June 25, 28 and 29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 19, 29 in Montclair, NJ
Casting "Her Dream, My Nightmare." Synopsis: Bo and Val have been dating for 2 and a half years. They live together and get along well. Val’s mother passed away July of 2011, and Val promised her mother that she would go back to church. Through her Bible studies she has ...yesterday
- Rehearses in July in NYC; runs Aug. 8-24 at 'The New York International Fringe Festival in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a new musical, "The 8th Fold" by "up & coming" British writing team Gianni Onori and Ava Eldred. Synopsis: "The 8th Fold" is a tale of loss, learning and new beginnings. Set in the recent past and rooted in the American war on terror, it tells the story of ...yesterday
- Lab runs April. 1-July 1 in L.A. Note: Over the course of the three month period, every actor will work in a minimum of three TV or film projects.
- Auditions: Mar 13, 21 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking participants for the Creative Artists Lab. Executive Producer states: "The Creative Artists Lab (CAL) is an interdisciplinary collaborative for the professional actor committed to improving their craft and marketability. CAL places an emphasis on mastering audition technique and the business tools necessary for advancement. Created to bridge the socio-economic ...yesterday
- Rehearses April-May in Los Angeles; performs early-to-mid June in Hollywood as part of the Hollywood Fringe Fest.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "We Can Be One: A Musical About Coming Home," a new musical about two young couples dealing with issues related to military deployment and PTSD.Saturday
- Rehearsals begin March 17 (Mon & Wed., 7:30-10 p.m. and/or Sat. 10 a.m.-1 p.m.); performs April 19 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY; NJ; CT; PA; DE
Casting "Life is Short Cherish Every Moment," a play about how youth are impacted by the choices adults make.Saturday