Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Nov. 30, 2014-Jan. 10, 2015 (nights & weekends, possibly some weekday daytimes); tech week is week of Jan. 11; previews Jan. 15 & 16; opens Jan. 17 and runs six-eight weeks (Thurs.-Sun. nights) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting “Pulp Shakespeare (or Bard Fiction)," written by Ben Tallen, Brian Watson-Jones, and Aaron Greer, directed by 2014 Ovation Award-winning director, Amanda McRaven, and produced by Theatre Asylum/Combined Artform. Synopsis: This is a Shakespearean version of the film “Pulp Fiction," written in Elizabethan English and set in the early 1700s. ...Nov 16
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 27, 2015; runs June 3-21 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 12 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "This Golden State," a play.Thursday
- Performs in Santa Maria, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in San Francisco, CA
Casting strong actors & strong actor/singer/dancers of all ethnicities for PCPA Pacific Conservatory Theatre's 2015 summer season, to include "My Fair Lady" (rehearsal begins June 2, 2015; runs June 11-July 12, 2015; Michael Jenkinson, dir./choreo.), "Man of La Mancha" (rehearsal begins May 26, 2015; runs July 17-Aug. 16, 2015; Mark ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 14, 2015 in NYC; rehearsals begin May 24 in Cold Spring, NY; runs Jun. 9-Aug. 30 in Cold Spring, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 7 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for various principal roles in Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival's summer’s season, which will be performed by a single company in rotating repertory.Friday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 5, 2015; runs Jan. 30-March 7 (Thurs.-Sat. evenings, Sat. & Sun. matinees) in Annapolis, MD.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9 in Annapolis, MD
Casting "Murder in the Cathedral," T.S. Eliot's verse dramatization of the murder of Thomas Becket at Canterbury, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature. This gripping drama portrays the assassination of Archbishop Thomas Becket in Canterbury Cathedral in 1170. Becket struggles with four tempters, each with posing a different challenge. ...Friday
- Runs in La Jolla, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 4 in La Jolla, CA
Seeking actors for the La Jolla Playhouse 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Come From Away," (Rehearsals begin Apr. 21; runs May 29-July 5), "Up Here," (Rehearsals begin June 16; runs July 28-Sept. 6), "Blueprint to Freedom: An Ode to Baynard Rustin" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 4), "Healing Wars," ...Friday
- Runs Apr. 21, 2015-Dec. 13, 2015 in La Jolla, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: La Jolla, CA
Seeking a stage manager for the La Jolla Playhouse 2015-16 Season. Season includes "Come From Away," (Rehearsals begin Apr. 21; runs May 29-July 5), "Up Here," (Rehearsals begin June 16; runs July 28-Sept. 6), "Blueprint to Freedom: An Ode to Baynard Rustin" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Sept. 8-Oct. 4), ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 6; runs Mar. 3-Apr. 12 at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Dec 1, 2 in Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Switzerland." Synopsis: Patricia Highsmith, master of the macabre, is racing to finish her novel when an attractive young man arrives representing her impatient publisher. Anxious to be rid of him and return to self imposed exile, she attempts to terrorize him into fleeing. But he has a dark agenda ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 14, 2015; runs May 14-June 14, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 14 in San Diego, CA
Casting "The Whale," a play.Friday
- Rehearsals begin June 2015; runs June/July-Sept. 2015 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Romeo and Juliet."Friday