Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin May 1; previews begin May 29; runs June 4-21 at Urban Stages, NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 9 in New York, NY
Casting "TouChing." Synopsis: Anna's losing it, Henry's lost it, and Jude is just plain lost. Identity is a slippery slope in this family drama, when a matter of life and death unhinges its members and challenges their basic beliefs.yesterday
- Rehearses mid- to early April; performs May 1 at the School of Visual Arts and May 16 at a TBA gallery in Williamsburg.
- Auditions: Apr 2, 3 in New York, NY and Apr 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting a 15-minute MFA thesis performing arts piece, "Unadulterated Fiction." Artist states: "The script is hijacked from my Facebook page. The conversation traces the varying opinions of Alabamians on the subject of George Wallace’s portrayal in the movie Selma. Many would describe Wallace as a vile segregationist, while others might ...yesterday
- Rehearses June 23-July 15; runs July 16-Aug. in Union, NJ.
- Auditions: Apr 17 in New York, NY
Casting the New Jersey premiere of "By the Water" by Sharyn Rothstein.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; closes Nov. 15 in Chester, CT.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in New York, NY
Casting "Indian Joe." Synopsis: Joe is a Native American homeless man looking for a fight. Liz is a Texas pageant queen looking for a cause. The entangled journey of this very unlikely combo leads us into dark, knife-pulling underpasses, and the bright lights of the Miss Texas stage. Jordan, Liz’s ...yesterday
- Season runs June 30-Dec. 27 in Chester, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Chester, CT
Seeking submissions from local area Equity actor/singers who reside within 50 miles of the theater for these auditions for various roles in the upcoming Norma Terris season. Season includes: "My Paris" (Kathleen Marshall, dir.-choreo.; Alfred Uhry, book; Charles Aznavour, music-lyrics; Jason Robert Brown, English lyrics-music adaptation; musical dir. TBD. Rehearsals ...yesterday
- Runs early April through mid August in DC.
- Auditions: Mar 30 in Washington, DC
Seeking several bartenders, servers, and hosts to serve guests before and after performances of "Murder Ballad," a rock musical.yesterday
- The event is being held April 25-26 in NYC. If cast in any projects, the performance dates and locations will vary depending on the theater or production company.
- Auditions: Apr 25, 26 in New York City, NY and Apr 25, 26 in New York City, NY
Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) is presenting the annual TRU Combined Audition Event, which will be attended by more than 40 NY-area Equity and non-Equity producing companies, directors, and producers, and other individuals, including casting directors and agents. The TRU Voices Reading Series will also be cast at this event.yesterday
- Runs May 31-June 2 at the Glendale Centre Theatre, 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Casting Glendale Centre Theatre's production of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" by William Shakespeare.yesterday