Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Aug. 4-20 (approx.); tech/preview Aug. 20-30 (approx.) in Clemson, SC; opens Sept. 2 in Dallas, TX and closes Mar. 22, 2015 in Costa Mesa, CA. Note: Layoff dates are Oct. 27, 2014-Jan. 18, 2015 (12 weeks total) Layoffs will be unpaid weeks, but producer will travel actors back to point of origin then back to the tour.
- Auditions: Mar 20, in New York, NY
Casting the Non Equity National Tour of "Nice Work if You Can Get It" with music and lyrics by George and Ira Gershwin and book by Joe DiPietro (inspired by material by P.G. Wodehouse & Guy Bolton).8 hours ago
- Rehearsals TBD in Chicago, IL. Tech May 19, show May 21.
- Auditions: Apr 2 in Chicago, IL
Casting New Play Development Showcase. Project description: "Each playwright and director team will work on finessing the 10-15 minutes of a brand new play that needs legs - you. This is a wonderful opportunity to help new works. Some shows will have adult themes and language."9 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Skokie, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 24, 25 in Skokie, IL
Casting the Northlight Theatre 2014-2015 season. Season includes "Commons of Pensacola" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 21; runs Sept. 29-Oct. 19), "The Mousetrap" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 16; runs Nov. 14-Dec. 14), "White Guy on the Bus" (Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2015; runs Jan. 30-Mar. 1, 2015), a TBA show (Rehearsals begin Feb. ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 6; runs approx. June 7-29 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 9, 10, 11 in New York, NY
Casting "The Taste Of It." Synopsis: Boston 1973. Communes, street theatre, racial protests, the last days of Vietnam. The backdrop for a brilliant young dancer named Ross--and Sheila, a whip smart driven director with a gift for language. They come together--carving out a place apart--for themselves and each other.9 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be held weekly on Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons beginning in April.Show dates are Fridays and Saturdays, May 30 & 31 and June 6 & 7 at 8 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Mar 22, 25 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Hey Jackass - You're Rich!", a world premiere one-act play by Jeremy Pautz. Project description: "a darkly comic tale of a self-improvement seminar gone terribly wrong."9 hours ago
- Starts rehearsals around July 7, runs August 8 through September 6 in Chicago, IL. Rehearses weekday evenings, weekend days until opening
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Coraline," a musical. Project description: "the Chicago premiere of the Stephin Merritt and David Greenspan musical, based on the Neil Gaiman fantasy novel of the same name."9 hours ago
- Rehearses May 26-June 20; runs June 20-22 & 27-29 in Barnard, VT.
- Seeking submissions from: Barnard, VT; New York, NY
Casting "Little Shop of Horrors." Synopsis: "A down-and-out Skid Row floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a mysterious craving for fresh blood. Soon 'Audrey II' grows into an ill-tempered, foul-mouthed, R&B-singing carnivore who offers him fame and fortune in exchange for feeding its ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 8; runs April 30-May 3 (with possible extension through May 25) in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 24 in Harlem, NY
Casting "Dutchman," the classic political allegory of the 1960's Black Arts Movement.10 hours ago
- Shows ongoing in New York, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Beautiful," a musical. Project description: "Long before she was Carole King, chart-topping music legend, she was Carol Klein, Brooklyn girl with passion and chutzpah. She fought her way into the record business as a teenager and, by the time she reached her twenties, had the husband of her dreams ...10 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin May 19; performs June 16-22 and June 24-28 at The Gene Frankel Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Becket," by Jean Anouilh and translated by Lucienne Hill. Synopsis: "Becket" is a re-enactment of the conflicts between King Henry II and Thomas Becket as the latter (Henry's best friend) ascends to power, becoming the King’s enemy. Becket begins as a clever, but hedonistic, companion; as a result of ...20 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin March 31. Performances May 16 - June 1 in Martinez, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 23, 24 in Martinez, CA
Casting the play "Shipwrecked! An Entertainment, The Amazing Adventures Of Louis De Rougemont (As Told By Himself)." Project description: "The breathless story of a Victorian gentleman whose colorful past as a seafaring wanderer springs to life like a theatrical pop-up book; a late 19th century story about storytelling and the ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theater production "Three Tall Women." Production description: "As an imperious, acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man."23 hours ago
- Performances May 9 - 11, in Pittsburg, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 17, 18 in Pittsburg, CA
Casting the murder mystery play "The Mousetrap." Project description: "A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer."yesterday