Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Mar 19 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors who sing for possible replacements in the currently running Broadway Production of "The Book of Mormon," with book, music, and lyrics by Robert Lopez, Trey Parker, and Matt Stone.Feb 25
- Rehearses and performs in Tamworth, NH.
- Auditions: Mar 12 in Boston, MA
Casting Barnstormers Theatre 2014 season to include: "The Mystery of Edwin Drood, The Musical" by Rupert Holmes (Reh. June 30; runs July 8-12), "The Glass Menagerie" by Tennessee Williams (Reh. July 7; runs July 15-19), "One Man Two Guvnors" by Richard Bean (Reh. July 14; runs July 22-26), "Toad of ...Feb 25
- Rehearses evenings & weekends. Opens May 9, 2014 in Newtown, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; Newtown, PA
Casting two supporting roles for a production of the Tony-award winning musical "Hairspray," based on the John Waters film of the same name. Project Description: "It's 1962 Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire - to dance on the popular Corny Collins Show. When her ...Feb 25
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 Eighth Ave. (btwn. 36th & 37th sts.), 10th fl., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Westchester, NY
Seeking participants for classes with Acting Through Song. Owner states: "We work directly with actors to find their natural core in each piece and believe that a true performance should be grounded in honesty and evoke the artist's organic instincts. It's my goal to help you uncover your genuine individuality, ...Feb 24
- Festival runs Sept. 18-Nov. 23 on Theatre Row in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
United Solo, the world's "largest solo theatre festival," is seeking one-person shows. From openly solicited submissions, the Festival will select local and international productions and will present them at Theatre Row on 42nd St. in NYC.Feb 24
- Rehearsals are held once a week for three hours, Sat.-Wed. depending on your group placement; performances run Fri.-Sun. at the L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre in Sherman Oaks. Note: Outside showtimes may vary based on bookings.
- Auditions: Mar 12 in Sherman Oaks, CA
Casting performers for adult, teen, and kids improv groups. Coordinator states: “We have nine weekly adult improv shows, a teen improv show, and a kids improv show. Adult groups also perform for corporations, camps, events, and parties. LAC also has three shows in development for weekly TV series, including a ...Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin June 20 (first rehearsal in Wesport; all subsequent rehearsals in NYC); tech rehearsals run July 11-13. Previews run July 15-18; runs July 19-Aug. 3 in Westport, CT.
- Auditions: Apr 1 in New York, NY
Casting "Nora," Ingmar Bergman’s adaptation of Henrik Ibsen’s "A Doll's House."Feb 24
- Season runs Oct. 2014-June 2015 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 26 in New York, NY
Casting the Walnut Street Theatre's 2014-15 season. Mainstage Season includes: "9 to 5" (Bruce Lumpkin, dir.; Michelle Gaudette, choreo.; Rehearsals begin Aug. 12, 2014; runs Sept. 2-Oct. 19, 2014); "Mary Poppins" (Wayne Bryan, dir.; Linda Goodrich, choreo. Rehearsals begin Oct. 14, 2014; runs Nov. 4, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015); "Private Lives" ...Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin July 7 in New Bedford, MA; runs July 25-Aug. 3 at the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center in MA.
- Auditions: Mar 29 in New York, NY
Casting Rodgers & Hammerstein's "The Sound of Music" for the summer of 2014.Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin on or about Aug. 11 in NYC; performances begin on or about Sept. 23 in Detroit, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the non-Equity tour of "Annie." One of the world’s best-loved musicals returns in time-honored form. Directed by original director and lyricist Martin Charnin and produced by Troika Entertainment, LLC, this iconic "Annie" will be a brand-new presentation of the original production.Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14, 2014; runs Nov. 10, 2014- Jan. 4, 2015.
- Auditions: Mar 11, 12, in New York, NY
NETworks Presentations is casting the 2014-15 national tour of "Elf," a musical based on the 2003 New Line Cinema film of the same name.Feb 24
- Rehearses April-May; festival runs May 12-June 8 in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York, NY
Seeking interns for the Planet Connections Theatre Festivity, New York’s premiere eco-friendly/socially conscious not-for-profit arts festival. Interns will be cast in "The After-Dinner Joke."Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 6 (Mon.-Fri. 6:30-9:30 p.m. & Sat. noon-5 p.m.) at a location TBD in Portland, OR; performs Oct. 16-18, 23-25, 30-31 and Nov. 1-2 & 6-8 at World Trade Center Theatre in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: Mar 13 in New York, NY
Casting "The Rocky Horror Show." Producer states: "The musical that started a 40-year nonstop cultural phenomenon is back where it is meant to be seen--live on stage! 'The Rocky Horror Show' is a sexy, saucy, tongue-in-cheek musical that is truly iconic, with an irresistible hum-along score and cast of quirky ...Feb 24
- Rehearsals begin April 29; runs May 21-June 8 (five performances/wk., Wed.-Sun. evenings) in East Hampton, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 13 in East Hampton, NY
Casting "Red."Feb 24
- Readings will be held Apr. 7-18 in NY.
- Auditions: Mar 13 in New York, NY
Casting "Nobody Loves You," a new musical with a plot revolving around a popular reality TV show called "Nobody Loves You."Feb 24