Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs Oct. 8-Nov. 7 in NYC. Upcoming productions TBD.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Seeking possible replacements for Doctor and Charger in "The Vast Machine," as well as a wide variety of types, male and female, all ethnicities, all ages 18+ for future projects. Both roles have been cast.Aug 20
- Rehearses Sept. 25-Dec. 11 (Fri., 4:30-7:30 p.m) & Dec. 5 & 12 (Sat., 5-8 p.m.); dress/tech Dec. 16; runs Dec. 18-20 in Vienna, VA.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in Vienna, VA
Casting "Into the Woods Jr.," a production for Harmonia School of Music & Art. Director states: "Cast size will be limited and the work schedule will be intense but enjoyable. For entry, students must audition on the designated dates and commit to pre-scheduled rehearsals and performances."Aug 20
- Rehearsals begin late September; performances are Oct.-Nov. 1 in New Haven, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in New Haven, CT
Seeking cast and crew for an atmospherically faithful stage adaptation of the F.W. Murnau film, directed by Jesse Richards (primarily a filmmaker, also directed the plays "Hamlet" and "Look Back in Anger" for the New Haven Theatre Company).Aug 20
- Runs when the script is ready.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking writers and singer/actors for "We've Got A Right," a musical play in the spirit of Occupy Wall Street. Some of the song titles are "We've Got A Right", "If You Need Some Help" and "Hit the Ground Running". The songs deal with issues such as homelessness, materialism and social ...Aug 20
- Workshop intensive runs Oct. 10 & 11 at Cuyahoga Community College - Eastern Campus in Cleveland, OH.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in New York, NY
Seeking performers interested in auditioning for college musical theater programs for a college audition prep intensive by Making It On Broadway. CEO states: "Our two-day mini-intensive in Cleveland is taught by the best in the business, including Mary Anna Dennard (renowned college audition coach and author of 'I Got In!') ...Aug 19
- Actors will be given two weeks to learn lines independently; rehearsal will usually be held on the weekends initially, and increase thereafter. There will be understudies for each lead role who will rehearse on separate schedules. Runs Feb.-Mar. (and possibly longer) in Philadelphia, PA, in conjunction with Black History Month.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Time to Wake Up," an inspirational African American stage play. Seeking actors/actresses who are committed and dedicated to rehearsing and seeing the show come to fruition.Aug 19
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 16, 2016; runs Mar. 22-July 10, 2016 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 2 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors for various roles and understudies for "The Father," by Florian Zeller.Aug 19
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 19; runs Oct. 26-Dec. 5 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 3 in New York, NY
Casting "Dear Elizabeth," a play by Sarah Ruhl.Aug 19
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 2, 2016; runs Jan. 27-Feb. 14 in Greensboro, NC.
- Seeking submissions from: Winston-Salem, NC
Casting "VROOOMMM!" a play.Aug 19
- Currently running on Broadway.
- Auditions: Sep 3, in New York City, NY
Casting future replacements in "The King & I," with book & lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and music by Richard Rodgers. Based on "Anna and the King of Siam" by Margaret Landon.Aug 19