Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 28; runs Nov. 21-Dec. 21 in Albany, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 4, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity singers and singer/musicians for three ensemble parts in "The Secret Garden." Synopsis: Based on the children’s classic story by Frances Hodgson Burnett, "The Secret Garden" enchants and charms with a Tony Award-winning score. An orphaned girl transforms a neglected garden into a paradise and opens the hearts of ...Aug 19
- Performances will be the last Friday and Saturday of November, and the first two weeks of December, at the Midvale Performing Arts Center in Midvale, UT.
- Auditions: Sep 6 in Midvale, UT
Casting “JingleJacks,” a one-act Christmas musical comedy written by Jim Christian of the Musical Theatre Department at Weber State University.Aug 18
- Performances run November 7-22, at the Sugar Space in Salt Lake City, UT for the first two weekends, and closes at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo, UT.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 6 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "[Title Of Show]," a one-act musical, with music and lyrics by Jeff Bowen and a book by Hunter Bell. Project Description: "The show chronicles its own creation as an entry in the New York Musical Theatre Festival, and follows the struggles of the author and composer/lyricist and their two ...Aug 18
- Performances run February 27-March 7, 2015 at Sugar Space Theater, Sugarhouse, UT; March 13-14 at The Covey Center for the Arts, Provo, UT; and March 20-22 in Ogden, UT.
- Auditions: Sep 4, 6 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting, "The Last Five Years," based on composer Jason Robert Brown's failed marriage to actress Theresa O’Neill. Project Description: "An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The orchestra will include two ...Aug 18
- Rehearsals start September 6. Performances run October 24-November 1 (off October 26), at the Covey Center for the Arts in Provo, UT.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, 4 in Provo, UT
Casting "Much Ado About Zombies," based on Shakespeare’s "Much Ado About Nothing," with a steam-punk and zombie twist.Aug 18
- Special promotional benefit for production will take place Sept. 17 at the AFA Gallery in Soho. Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs for 12 performances Nov. 6-16 at the WorkShop Theater Mainstage in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting the world premiere of "Broken Heart Land."Aug 18
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 4; runs Nov. 28-Dec. 31 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 5 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "This is the Week That Is," written and performed by the This is the Week That Is ensemble.Aug 18
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 6; runs Nov. 4-Dec. 28 in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas," a musical.Aug 16
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 24, 2015; runs Apr. 16-Aug. 17 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Philadelphia, PA
Seeking one Equity actor for "To the Moon." There is one AEA contract to be cast among the two available roles. Synopsis: "To the Moon" is a world-premiere comedy about a Ralph Kramden who longs to be a Jackie Gleason. Under-employed Scottie has a dream of making it big. Together ...Aug 18
- For "Sunset Baby," rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-21. For "A Body of Water," rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs Feb. 18-Mar. 8. Theater is located in Itaca, NY.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Ithaca, NY
Casting Equity actors for various roles in "Sunset Baby" (Dominique Morriseau, writer; Margarett Perry, dir. ) and "A Body of Water" (Lee Blessing, writer; Michele Minnick, dir.).Aug 18
- "Bonnie & Clyde" runs Feb. 2-Mar. 29, 2015; "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" runs Mar. 16-May 10, 2015 in Louisville, KY.
- Auditions: Sep 22, 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Bonnie & Clyde" & "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." Derby Dinner Playhouse is a year-round, non-Equity, professional dinner theater.Aug 18
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 11; runs Dec. 3-28 in Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Auditions: Sep 19, in New York, NY
Casting ensemble dancers for "Singin' in the Rain," by Betty Comden & Adolph Green and songs by Nacio Herb Brown & Arthur Freed.Aug 18
- Rehearses in Florida; performances will be aboard the cruise ships to various worldwide locations including the Caribbean, Asia, India, USA, Australia, the Mediterranean, and Africa.
- Auditions: Sep 25, in New York, NY and Sep 26 in New York, NY
Casting singers, dancers, ballroom dancers, and specialty teams for Elite 6 Star Ships "Now & Forever: The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber." Jean Ann Productions is a full service entertainment company specializing in Las Vegas Entertainment, cruises and award winning Broadway shows.Aug 18
- Workshops take place on Sunday afternoons (2-5 p.m.) from September to May in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in New York, NY
Girl Be Heard is a non-profit theater company that brings global issues affecting girls center stage by empowering young women to tell their stories. Through writing and acting workshops, Girl Be Heard generates cutting-edge theater about what it means to be a girl in today's world. Seeking performers, songwriters, dancers, ...Aug 18
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 23; runs Oct. 18-Nov. 16 in NY.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Casting "Shatter," a play examining the largest man-made explosion before Hiroshima, following a small family in 1917 Halifax, Canada and the aftermath of a tragedy that physically and emotionally tears their world apart. Strongly paralleling events surrounding 9/11, "Shatter" delves into what happens when a broken community searches for someone ...Aug 15
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Nov. 1-Dec. 14 with a possible extension at New World Stages, Stage 2 in NY. Note: Performs three evenings a week; currently Thurs., Sat., and Sun. evenings, 7-8 p.m.).
- Auditions: Sep 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Blank! The Musical." Synopsis: The show can't go on without you. Each night, a talented ensemble takes to the stage—with no script, no rehearsal, and no idea what will happen—to perform a brand-new smash hit musical that you help to create! At "Blank! The Musical," the power to build ...Aug 18
- Rehearses evenings and weekends throughout the month of November, 2014; load-in Nov. 24; tech rehearsal Nov. 30 (the Sunday after Thanksgiving); opens Dec. 5; special performance the evening of Dec. 24 (no performance Christmas Day); closes Dec 27. All rehearsals in NYC, location TBD; performances are at the New Ohio Theatre on Christopher Street, NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 11 in New York, NY
The Dreamscape Theatre is casting five male roles (one Jamaican, four English) for its upcoming production of the play "In Fields Where They Lay" by Ricardo Pérez González, directed by Brad Raimondo with musical direction by Anna Ebbesen. Originally produced by Dreamscape in December 2009 (and hailed as “gripping drama” ...Aug 18