Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses in Mar. and Apr.; runs May 13-15 & 20-21 in Mendham, NJ.
- Auditions: Feb 19, 21 in Mendham, NJ
Casting "Billy Elliot," the musical based on the movie and hit Broadway show.Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 18; runs May 20-June 5 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 12 in Beverly Hills, CA
Casting "The City of Conversation," by Anthony Giardina.Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin June 13. Performances run in August, at Island Stage Left, in Friday Harbor, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Friday Harbor, WA; Seattle, WA
Casting Shakespeare's play, "Romeo and Juliet." Project description: "The Bard’s immortal tale of when the star crossed lovers of two feuding families meet, and forbidden love ensues."Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin May 9 (NY); tech begins May 26 (Paper Mill); runs June 1-26 at Paper Mill Playhouse in Millburn, NJ.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in New York, NY
Casting "West Side Story" with music by Leonard Bernstein, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, and book by Arthur Laurents.Jan 27
- Tours for twelve months across Southern California. Contract may begin in May 2016.
- Seeking submissions from: N. Hollywood, CA
Casting actors who care about helping children and young adults who are interested in being trained as health educators who will portray students from elementary through high school in school-based educational theater tour that travels across Southern California.Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin May 14 in Brooklyn; runs dates & location in TBA.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Noise," by Benjamin Weiner, in which a young architect, Miles, finds that fracking earthquakes are destroying his house and keeping him from sleeping. In his dreams, his boss’s teenage daughter, Chloe, takes the form of a Babylonian god and warns him of things to come. When Miles and ...Jan 27
- Rehearsals begin April 12; previews begin May 12; runs May 18-June 26 (five performances/wk.) in L.A.
- Auditions: Feb 29, Mar 5 in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking performers to play Asian, Pacific Islander, and South Asian for "La Cage Aux Folles."Jan 27