Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals will be weeknights and weekends Performance Oct. 14, 2014 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ
Casting "All Around the Mulberry Bush," a collection of short plays for a theater festival. There are three short plays and two monologues.Aug 28
- Rehearsal begins Jan. 20, 2015; runs Feb. 17- Mar. 29, 2015 in NY.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in New York, NY
Casting "The Liquid Plain," a play that brings to life a group of people whose stories have been erased from history. Synopsis: On the docks of late 18th century Rhode Island, two runaway slaves, Adjua and Dembi, plan a desperate and daring run to freedom. When a chance encounter triggers ...Aug 28
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 17, 2015; runs Mar.13-22 (Fri., 7:30 p.m. Sat. & Sun., 3 p.m.; one/weekly 10:30 a.m. performance)
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
Casting "The Taste of Sunrise" by Susan L. Zeder. This is part two of the Ware Trilogy, produced with Emerson Stage (Mother Hicks; February 2015) and Central Square Theatre (The Edge of Peace, April 2015).Aug 28
- Runs in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: Sep 16 in Seattle, WA
Casting Taproot Theatre Company's 2015 season. Season includes "The Explorers Club" by Nell Benjamin (reh. Dec. 29, 2014; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 8, 2015), "Best of Enemies" by Mark St. Germain (reh. Feb. 23, 2015; runs Mar. 27-Apr. 25, 2015), "Jeeves Intervenes" adapted by Margaret Raether (reh. Apr. 13, 2015; runs ...Aug 28
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 30; runs Sept. 4-28 at 259 Washington Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY; New York, NY
Casting "Three Sisters," a play by Anton Chekhov reimagined in a dystopian future taking place throughout all floors of a historic building in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. Actor-ushers will interface between the world of the play and the audience members, guiding them and interacting with them in character as guards.Aug 28
- Rehearses and performs Spring 2015 in Provincetown, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 23 in Provincetown, MA
Casting "The Beachcomber Boys," a new play with music set in 1953 amidst the Hollywood Blacklist about the infamous Beachcombers of Provincetown; poets, playwrights, painters, novelists, and the women who orbit their lives.Aug 28