Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal begins Apr. 17; runs May 5-17, 2015 in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Houston, TX
Casting "The Music Man," a musical.Oct 16
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 23, 2015; runs Apr. 9-May 3, 2015 in Los Altos, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 24 in Los Altos, CA
Casting the play "Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?" Production description: "George and Martha, a sharp-tongued and dysfunctional couple, invite a new young professor and his wife over for cocktails following a late night faculty party. Over the course of the evening, the unwitting guests are drawn into a tour de ...Oct 15
- Rehearsals begin February 2015; runs Apr. 25-May 2, 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 4, 6, 7 in San Francisco, CA and Dec 4, 6, 7 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "The Grand Duke." Production description: "A troupe of actors plots to take over the government of the Grand Duchy of Pfennig-Halbpfennig, but political and romantic complications abound, and disputes are settled by means of a Statutory Duel. This was Gilbert & Sullivan’s final collaboration."Oct 15
- Performances run March 13-15 & 20-22, 2015, in Deerfield, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 13 in Deerfield, IL
Casting the play, "Barefoot in the Park," a comedy. Project description: "Newlyweds Corie and Paul begin married life in a tiny 5th floor walkup apartment in a mid-Manhattan brownstone. Paul is a strait-laced attorney, while Corie is a far more spontaneous free spirit. The young couple must contend with a ...Oct 14
- Performances run November 2014-May 2015, in Minneapolis/St. Paul area schools.
- Seeking submissions from: Minneapolis, MN
Casting "Freedom Summer," an interactive theater event for the Civil Rights Arts Project based on the 1964 Mississippi Summer Project when nearly 1,000 college students went to Mississippi to help African Americans secure their voting rights. Project description: “This new play explores the tensions within the project and the challenges ...Oct 14