Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Training and observation Mar. 23-27, 2015; teaching Apr. 6-May 29, 2015, Mon.-Fri., 1-3:20 p.m. (two high-school drama classes that meet three times/wk., plus one junior high course that meets for three 45-min. periods/wk.) in Southern CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Burbank, CA; Canoga Park, CA; Sherman Oaks, CA; Encino, CA; Woodland Hills, CA; West Hills, CA; Studio City, CA
Discoveryonstage, a Southern California theater education company, is seeking a long-term substitute for a private school in the Western San Fernando Valley. Substitute drama teacher will cover both high school and junior high drama classes while the current teacher is on sabbatical. The ideal candidate will have both teaching and ...Sep 09
- Runs Oct. 17, 6:30–10:30 p.m. and Oct. 18, 9:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. at Atlantic Acting School, 76 9th Avenue, Suite 537, New York, NY 10011.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking actors for Atlantic Theatre Company's Director's Lab involving a table read followed by a casting workshop with Casting Director Todd Thaler, then a full day of exploring the creative process, technique, and the business of working on plays with Artistic Director Neil Pepe in a working rehearsal/lab format.Sep 09
- Rehearses Mon.-Thurs. 2-4:00 p.m.; runs in Stamford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Stamford, CT
Seeking a set builder and musical director for Cloonan Theatre Players' "A Christmas Carol" and "Grease."Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 12; runs Jan. 7-Feb. 1 in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: St. Louis, MO
Casting "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," a play based on the 1967 screenplay by William Rose.Sep 09
- Rehearsal begins Sept. 29; runs Nov. 7-15 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Culver City, CA
Casting "Romeo and Juliet," a modern adaptation of the Shakespeare play that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, delving into the most primary feelings of sexuality, lust, and desire — and the roots of programmed ideas and feelings about love, God, and life.Sep 07
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 7; runs Nov. 15-23 at Lewis Family Playhouse at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center, 12505 Cultural Center Dr., Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 7, 8 in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Casting "Cabaret." Synopsis: Welcome to the infamous Kit Kat Klub, where the Emcee, Sally Bowles, and a raucous ensemble take the stage nightly to tantalize the crowd--and to leave their troubles outside. But as life in pre-WWII Germany grows more and more uncertain, will the decadent allure of Berlin nightlife ...Sep 09
- Deadline to submit is Dec. 24. Festival runs from Jan. 5-Apr. 15, 2015 in NYC. Founder states: "Shows perform at prime performance times, not Tuesdays at 11 a.m. or Fridays at midnight."
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Seeking submissions for the Venus/Adonis Theater Festival 2015. All genres of shows are welcome. If a show has already had a run (in theaters or other festivals), writers may still submit, but only with a completely new cast and crew, and the show must have had no run after the ...Sep 09
- Rehearses Sept. 23 and Oct. 4; performs Oct. 10 & 11 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for "Cranky Cabaret," a wild, demented, fun-filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs. All styles of music welcome, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme.Sep 09
- Rehearsals begin November 15, 2014. Performances run January 16-February 14, 2015, in Provo, UT. There will be a break for the holidays, which is why the rehearsal process is scheduled to span two months.
- Auditions: Oct 8, 11 in Provo, UT
Casting Shakespeare’s "Twelfth Night." Project description: "The play centers on the twins Viola and Sebastian, who are separated in a shipwreck. The play focuses on the Countess Olivia falling in love with Viola (who is disguised as a boy), and Sebastian in turn falling in love with Olivia."Sep 09
- Performances run in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 2, in San Francisco, CA
Casting Bay Area Musicals' 2015-2016 season. Producers state: "Bay Area Musicals is a musical theatre company in San Francisco that strives to engage, stimulate, enliven, and transform the San Francisco community through the production of highest-caliber musical theater - ranging from familiar classics to groundbreaking and challenging new works."Sep 08