Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs in the spring of 2015 in the Belmont Theater District in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting actors and musicians for "We Gotta Bingo," an interactive dinner theater show similar to "Tony ‘n Tina’s Wedding."Jan 05
- Rehearsals run February-March; runs Mar. 13-14 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Villains," a play about three Disney villainesses played by men (not in drag).Jan 05
- Tech runs Mar. 16-20; performance runs Mar. 21, 22, and 28 (two shows) at Weston Town Hall, 11 Town House Road, Weston, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: MA
Seeking a music director for community theater production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "State Fair."Jan 05
- Performs Summer 2015 in Kennebunkport, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 17, 18 in New York, NY
Casting versatile, dynamic performers with excellent voices for resident company. Season 18 includes "Nunsense A-Men," "The Addams Family," "The Little Mermaid," "La Cage Aux Folles," and "Beehive: The '60s Musical."Jan 05
- Six-week workshop runs Jan. 26-Mar. 2 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) at a studio location TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the winter 2015 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared, confident, and competitive. The ...Jan 05
- Rehearsals begin June 29. Performs Aug. 2, in Palo Alto, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 28, 30, 31 in Santa Clara, CA
Casting the musical "The Mountebanks." Production description: "When the local alchemist is killed in an explosion, Sicilian villagers discover among his possessions a potion that turns anyone who drinks it into whatever they pretend to be."Jan 05
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 27; runs June 20-28, in San Jose, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 28, 30, 31 in Sunnyvale, CA
Casting the musical "Iolanthe." Production description: "A shepherd (the son of a Fairy, Iolanthe, and a mortal), is in love with Phyllis, a shepherdess, but she has many suitors. There are many complications before a happy conclusion is reached by all."Jan 05
- Performances run in April, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 7, 8 in San Francisco, CA
Casting the musical "Legally Blonde, The Musical." Production description: "When a blonde sorority queen is dumped by her boyfriend, she decides to follow him to law school to get him back and, once there, learns she has more legal savvy than she ever imagined."Jan 05
- Rehearsals beginning March; runs May 15-June 13, in Fremont, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Fremont, CA
Casting the play "Diary of Anne Frank." Production description: "Adapted from the writings from the Dutch language diary kept by Anne Frank while she was in hiding for two years with her family during the Nazi occupation."Jan 05