Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Lab runs Mar. 23-Apr. 5 in NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 17, in New York, NY
Seeking Equity ensemble singer/dancers for "Freaky Friday." Actors of all cultural backgrounds strongly encouraged to attend.Feb 02
- Lab runs Mar. 23-Apr. 5 in NYC.
- Auditions: Feb 19 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actor/singers for two available roles in "Freaky Friday." Three other principal roles have been cast; however, actors may be considered for possible replacements. Actors of all cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to attend.Feb 02
- Production runs April 1-17, in Sherman, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16 in Sherman, TX
Casting the production, "The Importance of Being Earnest."Feb 02
- This is a co-production between Shakespeare Theatre Company of D.C.; A Contemporary Theatre, San Francisco, CA; and Seattle Repertory, Seattle, WA. At ACT: Rehearsals begin Aug. 15; runs Sept. 21-Oct. 9. At Seattle Rep: Rehearsals begin Nov. 5; runs Nov. 11-Dec. 11, with possible extension to Dec. 17. At Shakespeare Theatre Company: Rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2017; runs Feb. 13-Mar. 12, with possible extension to Mar. 19.
- Auditions: Feb 16 in Washington, DC
Seeking Equity actors for various roles in "King Charles III." All roles understudied. Theater states: "The Shakespeare Theatre Company specializes in classic plays. The theater is always seeking new classical actors of all age ranges and types to add to its files. The Shakespeare Theatre Company is a strong proponent ...Feb 02
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 19; runs May 4-22 in Ivoryton, CT.
- Auditions: Feb 15 in New York, NY
Seeking actors for two roles in "Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks."Feb 02
- Rehearses on dates TBD in NYC; performs on dates TBD at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Cranford, NJ
Seeking submissions for Dream Theater Productions' 2016-2017 season. Season includes: "Peter Pan," "Calvin Berger," "Christmas Carol," Les Misérables," "Beauty and the Beast," and "Hairspray."Feb 02
- Rehearsals begin March 5. Production runs May 13-29, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 26, 27 in Houston, TX
Casting the musical, "Parade."Feb 02
- Rehearses spring 2016; performs fall 2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Life Insurance," a new theatrical musical based on the novel of the same name. Synopsis: Family secrets are exposed and revealed through the passage of time with hilarious comedy and drama all mixed in.Feb 02
- Production runs April 15-May 1, in Conroe, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 14, 15 in Conroe, TX
Casting the production, "Rumors."Feb 02
- Rehearses Mar. 1-17; runs Mar. 18, Apr. 2, 23, 24, 29, 30, May 7, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, June 3, 4, 5, 11, and 12 at 13 Street Repertory Company in New York City.
- Auditions: Feb 16, 17, 18 in New York, NY
Casting “Yaki Yim Bamboo the Musical,” an original interactive children’s musical set in the Caribbean.Feb 01
- Runs in Oakbrook, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Oakbrook, IL
Casting "Crazy For You" (Rehearsals begin Oct.13; runs Nov. 3, 2016-Jan. 8, 2017) and "Charlotte's Web" (Rehearsals begin Mar. 28; runs Apr. 13-May 29).Feb 01
- Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 17-18 in Madison, WI.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "Gypsy," starring Michele Ragusa.Feb 01
- Rehearsals begin May 2; runs June 2-26 Thursdays-Saturdays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. in Cleveland Heights, OH.
- Auditions: Feb 18, 20 in Cleveland Heights, OH
Casting "The Toxic Avenger"Feb 01