Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin June 21; runs July 10-26 in Stonington, ME.
- Seeking submissions from: Stonington, ME
Casting "The Seagull" by Anton Chekhov. Synopsis: The Seagull the familiar ensemble story, with doubling and some gender shifts.Feb 12
- Rehearsals and first public reading takes place April-May in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "A Velvet Requiem, The Musical," with book, lyrics, and music by TJ Armand. Company states: "The American Dream & The New Diaspora: A Velvet Requiem is a contemporary musical that takes place in the U.S., covering the time period between 1991 and 2012. As the satirical narrative mostly navigates ...Feb 12
- Season rehearses and performs in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Mar 2 in Boston, MA
Seeking actors who sing for various principal roles in Ogunquit Playhouse's 2015 Season. Season includes "Sister Act: The Musical" (Rehearsals begin May 4; runs May 20-June 20); "Victor/Victoria" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 9-Oct. 3); "Nice Work If You Can Get It" (Rehearsals begin Jul. 13; Runs Jul. 29-Aug. ...Feb 12
- Runs at the Welk Theatre in Escondido, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10, in Escondido, CA
Casting "Cabaret" (Rehearsals begin Apr. 11; runs May 1-July 26) and "Hello Dolly" (Runs Aug. 28-Oct. 15).Feb 11
- Season rehearses and runs in Springfield, MO.
- Auditions: Mar 5 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors and actor/singers for various roles in Tent Theatre's upcoming season. Season includes: "Leap of Faith" (David Ollington, dir.-choreo.; Heather Chittenden-Luellen, musical dir. Rehearsals begin May 25; runs June 10-20); "Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure" (Sarah Wiggin, dir. Rehearsals begin June 8; runs June 25-July 3); and "Hairspray" ...Feb 12
- Rehearses Apr. 28-May 27 (weekday eves. & Sat. afternoons); runs May 28-June 7 (Thurs., Fri., Sat., & Sun.) in Hartford, CT.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in Hartford, CT and Mar 15 in Hartford, CT
Casting "Ivanov" by Chekhov, the first independent production of Corpus Quixote. The production will be designed in a setting reminiscent of the 1920s in the United States.Feb 12
- Rehearsals being around Mar. 9; runs Apr. 10-May 10 at 455 W. Foothill Blvd. Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 2, 3 in Claremont, CA
Casting "Smoke on the Mountain," a musical that tells the story of a Saturday night gospel sing at a country church in North Carolina's Smokey Mountains in 1938. The show features two dozen rousing bluegrass songs played and sung by the Sanders family, a traveling group making its return to ...Feb 12
- Rehearsals begin Jun. 15; runs Jul. 10-Aug. 2 (Tues.-Sun.) at The Legacy Theatre in Tyrone, GA.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Footloose" for the The Legacy Theatre, a full-time professional theater outside of Atlanta, GA.Feb 12
- Season rehearses and runs in Jennerstown, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting Mountain Playhouse's 2015 Season. Seeking, for 2015, actors who can be company members by tracking through as many shows as possible. Season includes: "Cotton Patch Gospel" (Lawrence Tobias, dir. Chris Blisset, musical dir.; Matthew Marafino, stage mgr. Rehearsals begin June 6; runs June 16-28); "Chapter Two" (Guy Stroman, dir.; ...Feb 12
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 24; tech rehearsals Apr. 17-19; previews Apr. 21-23; opens Apr. 24; closes May 24, 2015 in Portland, ME.
- Auditions: Mar 6 in New York, NY
Casting "Papermaker," a play.Feb 12
- Productions rehearse and perform in Williamstown, MA. Some productions may rehearse in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 2, 3 in New York, NY
Casting the 2015 Season for the Williamstown Theatre Festival. Season includes: "Off the Main Road" (Williams Inge, playwright; Evan Cabnet, dir. NYC rehearsals begin Jun. 8; Williamstown rehearsals begin Jun. 16; previews begin Jun. 30; opens Jul. 2; closes Jul. 19); "Paradise Blue" (Dominique Morisseau, playwright; Ruben Santiago-Hudson, dir. Rehearsals ...Feb 11
- Rehearsals begin end of May; performs June 8, 14, 22, & 24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting William Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice." Coordintator states: "The part of Shylock will be played by David Serero (www.davidserero.com)."Feb 12
- Flexible rehearsal schedule (mornings and early afternoons, no weekends) at the Highland Park Community House, Highland Park, IL (accessible via bus and UPN Metra). "Anne Frank" runs Apr. 7-23 (Tues.-Thurs., 10 a.m.); "Seussical" runs May 5-20 (Tues.-Thurs, 10 a.m.) in Highland Park, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Highland Park, IL; Chicago, IL
Casting ImprovPlayhouse's Theater for Young Audiences spring season, consisting of "The Diary of Anne Frank" and "Seussical the Musical." Casting director states: "We are open to casting performers for individual shows or the entire season. Performers of all genders and ethnicities are encouraged to audition."Feb 12
- Rehearsals begin July 28; previews begin Aug. 25; closes Oct. 18 or 25 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 3 in New York, NY
Casting "The New Morality."Feb 11