Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Production runs July 31-August 22, in Houston, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 7, 8 in Houston, TX
Casting for the musical comedy "Nunsense."May 12
- Production runs July 17-19, 24-26, 31 and August 1-2, in Rockwall, TX.
- Auditions: May 30 in Rockwall, TX
Casting for the musical "Once Upon a Mattress."May 12
- Production runs July 24-August 16, in Pasadena, TX.
- Auditions: May 31, Jun 1 in Pasadena, TX
Casting for the musical "Young Frankenstein." Project description: "A musical comedy based on Mel Brooks' film of the same name."May 12
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; runs Sept. 25-Oct. 11 in Hartford, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "An Opening in Time" by Christopher Shinn. The play takes place in a suburban town in central Connecticut.May 11
- Fall Festival runs Sept. 18-19 & 25-26 in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 29 in Chicago, IL
Casting Artemisia's 2015-2016 theatre season. Fall festival inclues six female-driven plays to be staged as readings. Plays and spring and summer productions to be announced at a later date.May 11
- Rehearsals are TBD three weeknights/wk., 6-9 p.m.; tech runs June 10, 7-10 p.m.; runs June 14-28 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a one-act, 35-minute play, "Outwitting."May 11
- Rehearsals begin June 1 (rehearsals run Mon., Wed., Fri., 2:30-5:30 p.m., until July 3, one wk. before tech); runs July 10-Aug. 1 at The Gene Frankel Theatre, 24 Bond St., NYC.
- Auditions: May 29 in New York, NY
Casting ten actors (five men and five women) "Arsène Lupin Vs. Sherlock Holmes." Artistic director states: "We are looking to develop a fast, fun, and comedic show with a focus on the opposing philosophies these two classic characters represent. This will also be a dynamic show with elements that will ...May 11
- Training runs six weeks in Seattle, WA; runs full-time during the school year in local market, as well as 10-12 weeks of national tours with four to six weeks in England & Australia during summer months.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking trained & professional performers for "The NED Show." Company states: "America's most popular school assembly is now in its 25th year of operation. We employ 18 full-time solo performers who present the NED assembly in schools every day. NED Show performers deliver a powerful, life-changing message to elementary school ...May 11
- Rehearses May 31 (12-2 p.m.); reading is May 31 (3 p.m.) at The 2nd Story Theatre, 710 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; South Bay, CA
Casting "The War in Heaven," a world-premiere reading from longtime L.A. playwright Angelo Michael Masino, whose past productions include "An Italian American Indian" starring Joseph Runningfox, "Mary’s Dream," directed by Justin Tanner, and "With the Help of the Dragon," "The Road Home," and "Reunion," all produced by Diana Gibson at ...May 11