Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18 for three weeks; runs Sept. 12-28 (Thurs-Sat. at 8 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m.) at Andrews Hall in Sonoma, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sonoma, CA; Oakland, CA; San Francisco, CA
Casting "A Modern Encounter," a play that's a multimedia romp through the world of relationships in the internet era. Using live theater, film, and machinima, the play explores how technology can stifle our awareness, blur the line between reality and fantasy, and empower institutions to tread on our privacy. The ...Mar 29
- Rehearses August and September. Performances run September 19-October 4, in Swarthmore, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 28 in Swarthmore, PA
Casting "Lend Me a Tenor." a farce set in a Cleveland, OH hotel suite in 1934. Saunders, general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera, is primed to welcome Tito Morelli, Il Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation. But through a series of mishaps, he is given a double dose ...Mar 30
- Rehearsals begin in May. Performances run July 18-August 2 in Buckingham, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 26, 27 in Doylestown, PA
Casting Meredith Willson's Tony award winning Broadway classic, "The Music Man." Project Description: "A musical about con man Harold Hill, who poses as a boys' band leader and sells instruments and uniforms to naive Iowa townsfolk, promising to train the new band members."Mar 30
- Rehearsals begin July 7th. Performances run July 25th-August 2nd, in Doylestown, PA.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in Doylestown, PA
Casting "Shrek the Musical," based on the 2001 DreamWorks film "Shrek," and William Steig's 1990 book of the same title.Mar 30