Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6, 2014; runs Oct. 31-Nov. 16 in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "Big Fish," a play based on the Tim Burton movie by the same title, featuring strong musical theatre actors who can bring vivid characterizations and emotional depth to dense musical storytelling.Aug 13
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6. Previews begin Oct. 31; runs Nov. 1-16 in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8, in Long Beach, CA
Casting "Big Fish," based on the Tim Burton movie by the same title.Aug 13
- Rehearsals begin this Dec.; runs Jan. 29-Feb. 22, in Los Altos, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Los Altos, CA
Casting the play "Maple And Vine." Production description: Retro attitudes about gender, race, and sexuality are thrust into a modern world. When the fast-paced demands of modern society become unbearable, successful couple Katha and Ryu escape to a community of 1950's re-enactors, forsaking cell phones and sushi for cigarettes and ...Aug 13
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6; runs Jan. 30-Feb. 22 (Fri. at 7:30 p.m., Sat & Sun. at 3 p.m., one-two weekly 10:30 a.m. performances) in Boston, MA.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in Boston, MA
Casting "Pinocchio," adapted by Steven Bogart and Wendy Lement from the novel "The Adventures of Pinocchio" by Carlo Collodi. This adaptation is set in Japan, utilizing live actors and traditional Bunraku puppetry. Theater states: "Colorful casting has been a WFT policy for 30 years."Aug 13
- Runs Oct. 11, 12-5 p.m. & Oct. 12, 5-10 p.m. at IATI Theater in NYC. One spot available for Sept. 13, 12-5 p.m. & Sept. 14, 5-10 p.m.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for Shakespeare Without Fear, a classical scene-study workshop. Coordinator states: "We are casting scenes for an intensive 10-hour workshop. Whether you are new to classical theater or simply need to brush up your skills, the Shakespeare Without Fear workshop is for you. Spend two days examining multiple Shakespearean ...Aug 13
- Rehearses Saturdays (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) in Huntington, NY; performs Oct. 25, 2014.
- Seeking submissions from: Huntington, NY
Casting local performers and crew for "The Unconventional Conventionalists," Long Island's premier "Rocky Horror Picture Show" shadowcast.Aug 13
- Rehearses Tues, Wed, Thurs evenings 7-10 p.m. and several Saturdays and/or Sundays beginning Sept. 13; runs Oct. 24-26 & 31 and Nov. 1-2, 7, 8, 9 at the Beaumont Women's Club, 306 E. 6th. St., in Beaumont, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Beaumont, CA
Casting "Blithe Spirit," a comedic classic about fussy, cantankerous novelist Charles Condomine, re-married but haunted (literally) by the ghost of his late first wife, the clever and insistent Elvira who is called up by a visiting “Happy Medium." As the personalities clash, Charles’ current wife Ruth is accidentally killed, “passes ...Aug 12
- Season rehearses and performs in Norwalk, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 4 in New York, NY
Casting two shows for the Music Theatre of Connecticut's season. Season includes "The World Goes Round" (Rehearses Oct. 23-Nov. 6; runs Nov. 7-23) and "Little Shop of Horrors" (Rehearses Apr. 7-16, 2015; runs Apr. 17-May 10, 2015).Aug 12
- Reading Oct. 2.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
Casting "The Guardians," an upcoming non-staged reading of an original musical following Angelina Cantonelli, an aspiring Broadway actress, through her life and afterlife as she attempts with the help of three angels, to bring her son, also an aspiring Broadway actor, and his father, a Broadway director, together. Neither father ...Aug 12
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning September 29. Runs November 6-16, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Chicago, IL
Casting Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Project description: Prospero, a magician, lives on a desolate isle with his virginal daughter, Miranda. He's in exile, banished by his usurping brother and the King of Naples. Providence brings his enemies near, and aided by the spirit Ariel, Prospero conjures a tempest to wreck the ...Aug 12