Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 1 in Las Vegas, NV; contract begins September 26 at the Bally's Hotel & Casino Jubilee Theatre in Las Vegas, NV.
- Auditions: Jul 24, in New York, NY
Casting replacements for Donn Arden's "Jubilee," a Las Vegas spectacular to be performed at Bally's Hotel & Casino.Jun 30
- Rehearsals begin June 5 in Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Brooklyn, NY
Casting Ibsen's "Peer Gynt." Casting personnel state: "This is a modern, up to date presentation, insisting on avoiding a prose translation, believing the strength of the play is in its poetic form - rhymes and rhythm."Jun 29
- Rehearsals begin in August; opens Sept. 20 at St. Luke's Theatre in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Ritual," an NAACP Theatre Award/Drama-Logue award-winning play examining The Beckers, an attractive upper middle-class Southern California African American family of four. The father is a successful lawyer. The mother is a former Broadway actress. The son is a bright Ivy-league gay college student. The daughter is her father's devoted ...Jun 27
- Primary rehearsals are tentatively set for Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, however this may be subject to change. Show opens October 24, in Ridley Park, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Ridley Park, PA
Casting all roles for "The Rocky Horror Show," based on Richard O'Brien's cult classic film, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." Project Description: "A humorous tribute to the science fiction and horror B moviesthrough the early 1970's. The story of a newly engaged couple getting caught in a storm and coming ...Jun 28
- Rehearses and performs in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY; CT
Casting a backers production of "Casey - 30 Years Later!," a comedy play is based upon the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket ...Jun 28
- Rehearsals begin July 2014; runs Aug. 20-31 at the Theatre at St. Clement's on 46th Street in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 23 in NY, NY
Casting "Code of Silence," a play to be presented during the Strawberry Theatre Festival. Synopsis: "Code of Silence" is police/family drama inspired by the famous case of a young Hispanic man named Baez, who was killed by a police officer accused of using excessive force. The play is a murder ...Jun 28