Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses July 6-Aug. 13 (five days/wk., Mon-Thu, 6-10 p.m.; Sun., 12-6 p.m.); performs between Aug. 14-30 (approx. five performances) in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Stockholm Savings," a play for the NYC Fringe Festival. Synopsis: A botched bank robbery in Indiana quickly unravels, capturing the attention of America’s media circus. Police brutality, LGBT rights, racism, and an obsession with spectacle are exposed in this immersive new play.Jun 08
- Rehearsals begin in August; runs in November in Tampa, FL, with eventual expansion nationwide.
- Seeking submissions from: Tampa, FL
Casting "Jukebox Musical," a musical performing hits of the 60's 70's and the 80's, with a 12-piece onstage band including four lead vocalists and multi-media.Jun 07
- Work is in the L.A. area.
- Auditions: Jul 20, 21, in North Hollywood, CA
Across The Board (ATB) Talent Agency, a bi-coastal, licensed, SAG-AFTRA and AEA franchised agency is seeking new talent to expand its theatre division in Los Angeles only. Auditions for the NYC office will be in the Fall. Seeking both AEA and nonunion performers to add to its current roster. Note: ...Jun 06
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 31, 2016; runs Mar. 18-May 28 in Chicago, IL. Note: Sean Graney Workshop will be staged by Sean Graney in the spring.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Adding Machine: The Musical" based on the play by Elmer Rice with book and lyrics by Joshua Schmidt and Jason Loewith and music by Joshua Schmidt. Also casting a TBD Sean Graney Workshop production.Jun 05
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 18; first performance Sept. 17; runs Oct. 6-Nov. 29 at American Airlines Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 7 in New York, NY
Casting two off-stage covers for "Old Times," a play.Jun 05
- Rehearses July 14-Aug. 27 (Tues. & Thurs., 8 a.m.-12 p.m.) at St. Joseph's Salesian Youth Renewal Retreat Center, 8301 Arroyo Dr., Rosemead, CA. Performs Sept. 1-Dec. 17 (Tues. & Thurs. mornings) and are held at the various elementary schools throughout L.A. county.
- Auditions: Jul 7, 9 in Rosemead, CA
Casting "The Eerie Night Of Spooky Frights," The Actors Project's fall season show that finds a group of friends trying to survive a haunted hotel. Once the villain collects four more guests he'll be freed from the hotel. Once free, he intends to turn everyone in the world into ghosts. ...Jun 05
- Season runs in Newark, DE.
- Auditions: Jul 14 in New York, NY
Seeking actors for University of Delaware's 2015-16 Season. Season includes "The Patsy" (Rehearsals begin Aug. 24; runs Sept. 25-Oct. 11); "Heartbreak House" (Rehearsals begin Oct. 6; runs Nov. 13- Dec. 6); "Wait Until Dark" (Rehearsals begin Dec. 8; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 6, 2016); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Sanford Robbins, dir. ...Jun 03
- Rehearsals September 2015 (exact dates TBD); performances in October 2015 (16 shows) in Denver, CO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Portal," a part concert, part movie, and part performance. Concept: Inspired by Burning Man, Pink Floyd, EDM, and world mythology, "The Portal" entertains and immerses the audience into a journey of transformation and empowerment.Jun 03
- Shooting begins July 1 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Seeking crew and talent for "Whose Side Are You On," a video trailer for a crowd funding campaign for a gospel musical about gang violence. Synopsis: Lamont Spencer (16) must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church.Jun 03
- Rehearses Aug. 1-24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting ensemble parts for "Under: A New Musical," which will premiere at The New York International Fringe Festival. Synopsis: This original musical tackles the issue of mental health at universities. Coordinator states: "The production had a very successful world premiere at the Yale Morse Crescent Theater last spring."Jun 03