Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Aug. 11; performance dates & locations are TBA.
- Seeking submissions from: Springfield, MA
Casting actors, singers, and dancers for a new musical, "Children in the Playground," set in modern times and dealing with current situations. Executive Director states: "The story starts with the aftermath of the September 11th tragedies and moves forward with the hope of obtaining world peace."yesterday
- Opportunities are ongoing. Must be available to perform Aug. 1, 3, & 4, with several other dates available in August, in the NYC/NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Seeking funny actresses to perform solo and two-person shows at schools and special events.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin mid-to-late August with readings in Sept./Oct.; rehearses Spring 2015 to tour during the summer as part of the Fringe Festival.
- Auditions: Aug 10 in New York, NY
Casting performers to do exploratory work and readings for a new play in development. The play is centered in a blue-collar Midwestern sensibility. "It's a little too late to do the right thing now." -Tanya Tuckeryesterday
- Rehearsals TBD. Performance TBD, in Piedmont, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Berkeley, CA
Casting the play "Fancy Nancy." Production description: "Based on the popular Fancy Nancy book series by Jane O'Connor. Fancy Nancy auditions for the coveted role of the mermaid, but gets stuck playing a dreary, dull tree. Can Nancy bring fancy flair to her role, even though it isn’t the one ...yesterday
- Rehearsals beginning March. Performances May 23 through June 13, in Saratoga, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 5, 6 in Saratoga, CA
Casting the musical "Hairspray." Production description: "It’s 1962 in Baltimore, and lovable plus-size teen Tracy Turnblad has only one desire—to dance on the popular Corny Collins TV show. When she finally gets her break, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her new-found power to ...yesterday
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in Vallejo, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Vallejo, CA
Casting the live performance "Fright Fest." Production description: "The family-friendly theme park puts on a performance with singing, dancing, and a variety of shows."yesterday
- Rehearsals TBD. Performances TBD, in Stanford, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 2 in Pleasant Hill, CA
Casting the comedic stage production "Gold Coast Comedy Theater." Production description: "A comedic theater group that stages comedy shows in the San Francisco Bay Area."yesterday
- Rehearses Aug. 5-9; performs Aug. 10 & 11, 15 & 16, 20 in NYC. Note: see below for full rehearsal and performance schedule.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking stagehand for "Jackass Flats."yesterday
- Rehearses and performs Spring 2015 in NY.
- Auditions: Aug 27 in New York, NY and Aug 28 in Long Island, NY
Casting living history productions. Director states: "Become part of a musical comedy production set in the early 1960s. Audience members are part of the studio audience and they're watching a 'Live' TV show being broadcast, complete with singing, dancing, and plenty of comedy and vintage commercials. Celebrities of the time ...Wednesday
- Rehearses Aug. 2014 weeknights and some Sat.; performances begin Aug. 23 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Brooklyn, NY; Queens, NY; Bronx, NY
Casting "Attention Shoppers," a short play which won first place in a festival last year.yesterday
- Rehearsal begin the week of Aug. 18; some small music rehearsal may happen before; all rehearsals are in the evening at White Plains PAC, located 30 min. outside NYC via Metro North; runs Sept. 19-21 in White Plains, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 4 in New York, NY and Aug 5 in White Plains, NY
Casting the New York regional premiere of "Dogfight." Producer states: "The hauntingly beautiful musical 'Dogfight' by Pasek and Paul ('Edges,' 'James and the Giant Peach,' 'A Christmas Story') and Peter Duchan was praised by countless critics and nominated for nearly every award available including winning the Lucille Lortel Award for ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14 at Shelter Studios, 244 W. 54th St., NYC; runs Sept. 20-27 at American Theatre of Actors, 314 W. 54th St., NYC.
- Auditions: Aug 8, 9 in New York, NY
Casting "Sea Legs: A Nautical New Musical," an original off-off-Broadway musical.Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin August 18. Production runs September 17-October 19 in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Jul 28, in Austin, TX
Casting for "The King and I," the classic musical about a widow who accepts a job as a live-in governess to the King of Siam's children.Wednesday