Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin June 15; runs July 9-26 with a possible extension until Aug. 2 in St. Louis, MO.
- Seeking submissions from: St. Louis, MO
Seeking a stage manager for "The Killing of Sister George," a play.Friday
- Rehearsals begin June 15; runs July 9-26, with a possible extension to Aug. 2 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Jan 2, 3 in St. Louis, MO
Casting "The Killing of Sister George," a play.Friday
- Rehearsals begin mid-February 2015; runs Apr. 2-12 2015 at the Center Stage Theater in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Santa Barbara, CA; Ventura, CA; Thousand Oaks, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Santa Maria, CA; Solvang, CA
Casting Andrew Lippa's musical, "The Wild Party." Company states: "Adapted from a once-banned, book-length poem written in and about the Roaring Twenties, The Wild Party is a steamy prohibition tale that tells the story of one wild evening in the Manhattan apartment shared by Queenie and Burrs, a chorus dancer ...Friday
- Season rehearses and runs in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Feb 16, in New York, NY
Casting Equity ensemble dancers for the Stages St. Louis 2015 Season. Season includes: "Smokey Joe's Cafe" (Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, music & lyrics; Stephen Bourneuf, dir.-choreo. Rehearses May 12-28; runs May 29-Jun. 28); "Anything Goes" (Cole Porter, music & lyrics; P.G. Wodehouse, Guy Bolton, Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse, ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 7; opens May 26 (approx.); closes Jun. 7, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 8 in New York, NY
Casting Equity actors in "Nice Girl."Friday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 4, 2015 at a central location in Boston; runs Apr. 24-26 and May 1-3 at The Strand Theatre in Boston, MA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Jesus Christ Superstar" a groundbreaking and innovative production of by Fiddlehead Theatre's Resident Company at The Strand Theater of Boston. Producer states: "Be sure not to miss being part of this exciting and unique project. We are looking for a very diverse cast including but not limited to ethnic ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin mid-February (Tues. & Thurs. eves.); performs first three weekends in May 2015 (Sat. at 7 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m.) at the Center Stage Performing Arts, 7200 W. Camino Real, #330, Boca Raton, FL.
- Auditions: Jan 21 in Boca Raton, FL
Casting "Spring Awakening: The Musical." Synopsis: It’s Germany, 1891. The beautiful young Wendla explores her body and asks her mother where babies come from. Elsewhere, the brilliant and fearless young Melchior defends his buddy Moritz--a boy so traumatized by puberty he can’t concentrate on anything. One afternoon in the woods, ...Friday
- Rehearses Jan. 3-10, 2015 at General Assembly on Broadway and 21st St. in NYC; run dates are TBD in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Dissrupt 2015," a 100% parody tech conference bringing together keynote speakers, panel discussions, Q&A sessions and special musical performances, all for the cause of satirizing Silicon Valley today.Friday
- Rehearses in January in NYC; tech rehearsal Feb. 5; performs Feb. 5, 6, & 8 at the Robert Moss Theater at 440 Studios, 440 Lafayette St, NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 23 in New York, NY
Casting "Shamus," a new murder mystery play set in England in the past, an homage to noirish productions with a humorous element.Friday
- First rehearsal Apr. 17; opens May 22; closes Jun. 14 in Hartford, CT; first rehearsal Jun. 23; opens Jul. 9; closes Aug. 9, 2015 in San Diego, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 15, in New York, NY
Casting Equity dancers who sing in "Kiss Me Kate," a musical.Friday
- Rehearses Mar. 2-14, 2015 in NY (must have NY housing); travel to Texas Mar. 15; opens Mar. 20 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Jan 10, in New York, NY
Casting Equity ensemble dancers, men and women, for "The King and I." Synopsis: It is 1862 in Siam when an English widow, Anna Leonowens, and her young son arrive at the Royal Palace in Bangkok, having been summoned by the King to serve as tutor to his many children and ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 9, 2015 in NYC; runs Mar. 26-May 10 in Long Island, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 20, in New York, NY
Casting male and female nonunion dancers who sing and act for all roles in "A Chorus Line."Friday