Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin June 1 in Chicago, IL. Runs July 13-August 2.
- Auditions: May 31 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Take Me Back," a play. Project description: "the story of Bill, a young felon who's just moved back home to Muskogee, Oklahoma after serving four years in prison. Bill may have his freedom, but Muskogee is as much a cage as prison was. He is now friendless, loveless, and ...yesterday
- Show dates: "Good People": September 11-October 4. "Forever Plaid": November 20-December 27. "Yankee Tavern": January 15-February 7. "The Clean House": February 26-March 20. "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee": April 1-24. "When Not That Good Will Do": May 13-June 5, 2016.
- Auditions: Jun 22, 23 in St. Charles, IL
Casting general auditions. Project description: "'Good People,' 'Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings,' 'Yankee Tavern,' ''The Clean House,' 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,' and 'When Not That Good Will Do.'"yesterday
- Performances August 4 and 7 in East Lansing, Michigan.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Chicago, IL
Casting actors for the National Order of the Arrow Conference. Project description: "The National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) is the premier event of the Order of the Arrow, and is Scouting's second-largest national event."yesterday
- 16 hours of rehearsal in Chicago, IL. Runs July 20-25.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting Carnaval of New Latina/o Work. Project description: "a showcase of new works by Latina/o playwrights from across the United States."yesterday
- Rehearses in June in Silver Spring, MD; runs July 2, 6, 7, and 9 in Annandale, VA.
- Auditions: May 30, 31 in Silver Spring, MD
Casting "Romeo and Juliet," the play written by William Shakespeare. Synopsis: "Romeo and Juliet" tells the story of two young lovers whose deaths results in the reconciliation of their families.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin June 5; contract runs through last week in September; all rehearsals and performances in Boothbay Harbor, ME.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting the 2015 Summer Season for Carousel Music Theater, a summer dinner theater in Boothbay Harbor, ME. Coordinator states: "We serve a light supper of soup, sandwich, dessert, and coffee while performing a cabaret and original stage show."yesterday
- Rehearses now through June 19 (twice/wk.); performs June 20 (5 p.m.) as part of the D.C. Black Theatre Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Do You Pray or Prey?," a play that is a tale of treachery, deceit, and most of all passion. It gives insight into the personal lives and everyday activities of some of the more prominent religious figures of the fictional small town of Eden, Mississippi. There’s the Leeves Siblings ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin June 9. Production runs July 10-19, in Arlington, TX.
- Auditions: Jun 6 in Arlington, TX
Casting for the production "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." Project description: "Four kids travel to the magical land of Narnia where they must battle an evil queen with the direction of the lion, Aslan."yesterday