Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Mar. 16-Apr. 2; runs Apr. 9-May 23 in NY.
- Auditions: Jan 21 in New York, NY
Casting "The Frugal Repast," a play. Synopsis: Two couples from two generations of a struggling family are challenged by the theft of a masterpiece of art. Theodor, father to William and stepfather to Cornelia, and his wife Margaret, mother to Cornelia and stepmother to William, have led a life of ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin week of Apr. 6; runs May 7-May 31 with a possible one week extension in Lawrenceville, GA.
- Auditions: Dec 14, 15 in Lawrenceville, GA
Casting "Hands on a Hardbody," a play. Synopsis: "Inspired by the true events of the acclaimed 1997 documentary of the same name, this new musical is infused with a soulful rockabilly score. "Hands On A Hardbody" is the hilarious, hard-fought contest deep in the heart of Texas, where only one ...Wednesday
- Runs in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors, singers, and dancers for FWD Theatre Project's 2015 Season. Season includes "The Black and White Ball" (Runs Jan. 20-26; Amber Mak, dir.; Chuck Larkin, music dir.; Stephen Cole & Todd Ellison, writers), "Pride & Prejudice The Musical" (Runs Feb. 10-16; Lawrence Rush, writer).Wednesday
- Rehearses in December & January, in Portland, OR; Performances run from January 22-February 1, 2015, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR
Casting the world premiere of the play, "Bruté." Project description: "Bruté is a complete re-imagining of William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, utilizing Shakespeare’s original dialogue in a new arrangement. This play will be a part of the 2015 Fertile Ground City-Wide Festival of New Works."Wednesday
- Runs Feb. 3–Apr. 19 in Tampa, FL.
- Auditions: Dec 8, 9 in Tampa, FL
Casting "First Date," a musical about the chances we all take to find love.Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin March 13, 2015; runs Apr. 8-26, 2015 in Columbus, OH.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 9 in Columbus, OH
Casting "The Final Table," by Herb Brown.Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin June 8; runs June 30-Aug. 15 in Baileys Harbor, WI.
- Auditions: Dec 16, 17 in Chicago, IL
Seeking actors for the upcoming 2015 summer season at Door Shakespeare. Season includes "Romeo and Juliet" and "The Tempest."Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 21, 2015 in La Jolla; previews begin May 29; runs Jun. 11-Jul. 12 in La Jolla, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 16 in New York, NY
Casting "Come From Away." Synopsis: "Come From Away" tells the true story of when seven thousand people landed on the doorstep of Gander, Newfoundland...and the people of Gander “put the kettle on.” When 38 planes from around the world were diverted to a small, Canadian community on September 11, 2001, ...Wednesday