Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs nationwide, through mid-summer and fall.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking short videos from performers about their biggest fails for Submittable's Fail Better Contest. Videos can be dramatizations, straight tellings, or anything else, as long as it's entertaining. For more info, visit https://failbetter.submittable.com/submit/.May 18
- Rehearses and runs Oct. 25 and April 2016 in Wayne, NJ.
- Seeking submissions from: Northern NJ, NJ; Tri-State, NY
Seeking playwrights and composers to participate in the 13th Annual NJPC Play Series (open to NJ residents only) and Musical Series (open to all in the northern NJ, tri-state region). The NJPC helps bring new playwrights and composers and their work into focus in the community, the region and the ...May 15
- Rehearsals have already begun and continue in July (weekday eves. at 6); performances are Sat. and Sun. July 18/19, 25/26, August 1/2 (6 p.m.) at the Westside Community Garden on W. 89th St., NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for the 14th season of outdoor theater in the Westside Community Garden on West 89th Street in NYC. Looking for male to play Snout/Wall and several male/females for fairies in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (runs July 18-19, 25-26, & Aug. 1-2)May 15
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 3 in NYC; previews begin Aug. 26; closes Sept. 5 at The Brick Theater, Brooklyn, NY.
- Auditions: Jul 13 in New York, NY
Casting the New York Premiere of a popular contemporary German play, "Fireface." Synopsis: Pubescent siblings Kurt and Olga engage in a violent struggle to be seen, heard, and break free within the confines of a fractured family. Using only the weapons they possess, Kurt and Olga manipulate their sexual power ...May 14
- Currently runs on Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 13, in New York, NY
Seeking future replacements, male and female singers for all vocal chorus ensemble positions (tenors, baritones, basses, lyric and coloratura sopranos, mezzos and contraltos) and to understudy principals in "Phantom of the Opera," the Broadway musical.May 08
- Currently runs on Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 17 in New York, NY
Seeking Equity actor/singers for "Phantom of the Opera," a musical currently running on Broadway.May 08
- Rehearsals and productions run November 2015-October 2016, at The State Theater, in Olympia, WA.
- Auditions: Jul 6 in Olympia, WA
Harlequin Productions is casting its 2015-2016 season, including "Stardust Christmas Dazzle," "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike," "Hedda Gabler," "The Language Archive," "The Last Five Years," "The Two Gentlemen of Verona," and a Summer musical.May 07
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 8; season closes May 22 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Seeking submissions from: Indianapolis, IN
Casting the Indiana Repertory Theatre's 2015-16 season. Season includes "The Great Gatsby" (F. Scott Fitzgerald, writer; Simon Levy, adaptation); "April 4, 1968" (James Still, writer); "The Mystery of Irma Vep" (Charles Ludlam, writer); "To Kill a Mockingbird" (Harper Lee, writer; Christopher Sergel, adaptation); "The Mousetrap" (Agatha Christie, writer); and "A ...May 05
- Rehearsals weekly/bi-weekly in NYC/Astoria, Queens; performances are TBD at school assemblies, libraries, music classes, and kid cabarets in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Astoria, NY; NJ; New York, NY
Seeking a DJ/Actor/Performer for a "new and successful" touring anti-bullying assembly program, "Be True To You" for the upcoming school year starting September. Company states: "This is a scripted show that is narrated by the owner of the brand (a professional Broadway singer/actor), along with B.T.T.Y the Bee as her ...May 04
- Rehearsals begin June 1 (Mondays, 6–9 p.m.) in Palm Desert, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Palm Springs, CA; Palm Desert, CA; Indio, CA; Indian Wells, CA; La Quinta, CA; Banning, CA; Beaumont, CA; indio, CA
Casting "The Unexpected," a play. Synopsis: "The Unexpected" is an emotional, live Christian stage play about a 17-year-old girl named Samantha Burkmore, and her traumatic journey into adulthood. Samantha, the only child of the wealthiest couple in Burkmore, California, will soon find herself dealing with "The Unexpected" event that will ...May 02
- Production runs August 20-September 13, in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Auditions: Jul 11, 12 in Oklahoma City, OK
Casting for the musical "Chicago." Project description: "Murderesses Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart find themselves on death row together and fight for the fame that will keep them from the gallows in 1920's Chicago."Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin October 2015; opens mid-November in L.A., followed by performances on the East Coast.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking interns for "Toys," a play written by playwright Saviana Stanescu that tells the story about two sisters who reunite after 30 years in an explosive encounter. They start a complex journey to discover their past, understand their present and negotiate a possible future. Can they find compassion for each ...Apr 28
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 27, 2015; runs Dec. 4-Jan. 3, 2016 in Syracuse, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Syracuse, NY
Casting "Peter Pan."Apr 22
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT; PA
Seeking audience development people for ongoing comedy play and ongoing comedy variety show.Mar 28
- Please prepare a 2-3 minute monologue of your choice. Bring a headshot/resume Auditions will be held Thursday, July 9th from 7pm to 10pm by APPOINTMENT ONLY The Lonny Chapman Theatre 10900 Burbank Blvd North Hollywood CA
- Seeking submissions from: North Hollywood, CA
Seeking dues paying members and non paying PA's for The Group Rep at The Lonny Chapman Theatre. Company states: "We are a dues paying company that still operates under the now defunct Equity 99-Seat plan and are seeking union & nonunion, energetic and open-hearted individuals to join an award-winning, dues-paying ...Mar 11