Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin July 13; runs Aug. 4-30 in Sag Harbor, NY.
- Auditions: Apr 28, 29, 30 in Sag Harbor, NY
Casting "Grey Gardens," a musical.Apr 13
- Season runs in Bennington, VT.
- Auditions: Apr 30 in New York, NY
Casting the 2015 Season for Oldcastle Theatre Company. Season includes: "Talley's Folly" (Lanford Wilson, writer. Rehearsals begin May 19; runs June 5-21); "Time Stands Still" (Donald Margulies, writer. Rehearsals begin May 19; runs June 5-21); "Cabaret" (Kander & Ebb, music & lyrics. Rehearsals begin June 23; runs Jul 10-Aug. 2); ...Apr 13
- Production runs August 14-23, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: May 2, 9 in Plano, TX
Casting for the musical "Reefer Madness." Project description: "Community authorities are alarmed over rampant narcotic use - especially marijuana, which causes wild behavior and possible insanity!"Apr 13
- Rehearsals begins May 18. Production runs July 16-19, in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Auditions: May 16, 17 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting for the musical "Dreamgirls." Project description: "Based on aspirations and successes of such R&B acts as The Supremes, The Shirelles, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, and others, the show follows three young singers who chase their dreams to super stardom."Apr 13
- Rehearses weekly in NYC according to when talent is cast.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting and now accepting video submissions for "Bound for Broadway," the seven-year-running, industry-invited showcase from JDProductions, the producers of the new series "N.E.W. Musicals," "So You Think You Can Belt," and "Bitter Bitches." For the first time, producers are now accepting video submissions if you can't make the audition appointment. ...Apr 13
- Rehearses Wed., 7:30-9 p.m.; Sat., 2-4 p.m. and TBD times on Tues. and Thurs.; performs May 16 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Monologues of My Hips." Coordinator states: "The ‘choreoplay’ explores the standards of beauty and celebrates the diversity of different women’s bodies. This special event celebrates the beauty of women all shapes and sizes by exploring how they see themselves and how the world sees them. The choreoplay overlaps ...Apr 13
- Performances run July 30-August 23, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: May 2, 9 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Truth in Context," a play. Project description: "In this tightly wound two-hander, Bobby Fincher is struggling to find a post-college job. After an abysmal interview at William Darnell's advertising firm, the game changes as the two clash and struggle for power and identity."Apr 12
- Rehearsals begin August 2, 2015, in Chicago, IL. Opening last week of September 2015.
- Auditions: May 9, 10 in Chicago, IL
Casting "Blood Brothers," a musical. Project description: "Willy Russell's ballad opera about the ill-fated reunion of two siblings."Apr 12
- Reading rescheduled. Will be (30-90 minutes) in the NYU area or NYC area.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a female lead for a short script for a new entertainment company. Casting coordinator states: "Main actress got a longer-running gig last minute so we need to replace her. We are a production company that focusing on writing great scripts, helping aspiring talent, and using social media in the ...Apr 11
- "Love's Labour's Lost" rehearses Apr. 30-June 9 (Mon., Wed., & Thurs. eves.); runs June 11-27 (weeknights & Sat.). "Arden of Faversham" rehearses May 29-July 8; runs July 9-25 (weeknights & Sat.). All rehearsals are in Jersey City or Hoboken, NJ, accessible via the PATH train. Transportation to shows provided by the company.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; New York City, NY; Queens, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Hoboken, NJ; Bayonne, NJ; Fort Lee, NJ; Hackensack, NJ; Hudson County, NJ; Bergen County, NJ
Casting two summer Shakespeare shows which will tour locally to several parks in Hudson, Bergen, and Union counties. In "Love's Labour's Lost," the King of Nevarre and his mates have taken a vow to study and to fast--and to forswear the sight and company of women--but all of that will ...Apr 11