Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 29; runs Oct. 22-Nov. 16 in Bloomfield, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: W. Bloomfield, MI
Casting "Enter Laughing," a play.Aug 26
- Prep begins Nov. 4, 2014; rehearsals begin Nov. 11; previews begin Dec. 2; runs Dec. 5-28 with possible extension to Jan. 4, 2015 in Little Rock, AR.
- Seeking submissions from: Little Rock, AR
Seeking stage manager for "Elf the Musical."Aug 26
- Events ongoing in Orange County, Southern Los Angeles, and Northern Los Angeles.
- Seeking submissions from: Orange County, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Seeking dynamic, beautiful, talented girls to portray the character of Elsa, the Snow Queen for The Pure Imagination Party Company.Aug 26
- Rehearses weekdays in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NYC, NY
Seeking actress and rural New England storyteller with a deep voice and ability to use a variety of dialects for the H.P. Lovecraft Festival, an annual event in NYC featuring several radiotheatre plays presented over six performance eves.Aug 26
- Tours year-round.
- Auditions: Oct 8, 9, in Los Angeles, CA
Seeking male and female action performers, martial artists, gymnasts, acrobats, and specialty acts, who are 5’6” and taller, for the touring arena stunt spectacular, "Marvel Universe Live!" featuring dozens of the famed Marvel superheros and villains.Aug 26
- Performances will be primarily as replacements or subs for the resident show in Las Vegas, but could involve some travel with their touring productions. Currently running at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Casting replacements or subs for the resident show and touring lineup of "The Australian Bee Gees," a musical revue featuring the music of the Bee Gees.Aug 26
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2015; runs Feb. 6-Mar. 8, 2015 in Washington, DC.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "King Hedley II," by August Wilson. The eighth work in playwright August Wilson's ten-play cycle chronicling the history of the African-American experience in each decade of the 20th century is set in 1985 and tells the story of an ex-con in post-Reagan Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania trying to rebuild his life. ...Aug 25
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 9; runs Oct. 28-Nov. 16 in Vero Beach, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Vero Beach, FL
Casting "The Bikinis," a play in which a girl group from the sixties brings back the songs they sang down on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore to raise money for the folks at Sandy Shores Mobile Home Beach Resort on Florida's Gold Coast.Aug 25
- Rehearses October 29, 2014-January 7, 2015. Production will run January 8-11, in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Oct 18 in Dallas, TX
Casting for the musical "In the Heights." Production description: "The story is set over the course of three days, involving an ensemble cast of characters in the largely Dominican-American neighborhood of Washington Heights in New York City."Aug 22
- Rehearses Mondays and Wednesday in October, plus Tuesday October 21, in Chicago IL. Tech is November 3. Performs November 8.
- Auditions: Sep 22 in Chicago, IL
Casting "The Underground Effect," a play. Project description: "A short play that explores racism in the Black community, young love, social norms, and the controversial topic of interracial love. The play takes place in modern times at a high school in a suburb down South."Aug 25
- Twelve month contract. Rehearses in North Hollywood, CA; all programs tour Southern California schools Mon.-Fri. Occasional evening and weekend work is required. Two-to-six day road trips are scheduled throughout the school year. Tour ranges from Bakersfield to San Diego, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA
Seeking actors who are interested in being trained as health educators and care strongly about issues facing youth to portray elementary through high school characters for Southern California school‐based educational theater tour. Actors are trained as health educators in order to facilitate question‐and‐answer sessions, classroom workshops, and/or one‐on‐one interactions with ...Aug 25
- Runs in Los Angeles, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Seeking Equity actors for Center Theatre Group.Aug 25
- Ongoing sessions are held at Ripley-Grier Studios in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for "Acting Through Song" classes. Owner states: "We work directly with professional actors, singers, and dancers and those who are recent graduates or aspiring musical theater performers to help them truly connect to their material. It's all about bringing yourself to your work and finding your honesty in ...Aug 25
- Rehearses TBD; anticipated start Sept.-Oct. 2014; event will be held Nov. 2014 in Nyack, NY. A commitment of 2-5 hrs./wk. is requested.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; West Chester, NY
Seeking actors, stage hands and a director for "Vagipalooza, "a variety and music show to benefit women who have been victims of sexual violence. Company states: "You will work with the creators, and two Purchase alumni production assistants to rehearse and stage this philanthropic event, where SNL meets Lilith Fair."Aug 24
- Performs April 8-May 10, 2015 at Eclectic Theater in Seattle, WA.
- Seeking submissions from: Seattle, WA
Casting "The Gate," a one act play about a black GI who marries a pregnant Korean woman. Also casting "Che," a telling of the experiences of Che Guevara.Aug 24
- Rehearses Oct. 10-17; runs Oct. 17-31 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Seeking submissions from: Las Vegas, NV
Seeking paid female hostess/emcee for theatrical close-up magic show.Aug 24
- Rehearsals Oct. 3-5, 2014 at the Greek Cultural Center located at 26-80 30th Street, Astoria, New York; runs from mid-Nov. to third weekend in December 2014 in Astoria New York.
- Auditions: Oct 3, 5 in Astoria, NY
Casting "My Convict" a modern Greek play by Eleni Randou and directed by Christos GodasAug 24
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 6 at ARTS Performance Academy, theater's rehearsal studio, inside the Simi Valley Town Center, 1555 Town Center Way, Simi Valley, CA; runs Nov. 22-Dec. 23 (17 performances) at the Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center, 3050 Los Angeles Avenue, Simi Valley, CA.
- Auditions: Oct 1, 2 in Simi Valley, CA
Casting the musical "A Christmas Carol," created by Broadway heavy-hitters Alan Menken (Disney's "Beauty and the Beast," Disney's "The Little Mermaid," "Little Shop of Horrors") & Lynn Ahrens ("Ragtime," "Seussical," "Once on This Island"), for Actors' Repertory Theatre of Simi.Jul 25