Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals TBD based on actors' availability; performances begin mid-Sept. 2014 on Fri. in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "Night of the Vampire," a play about a clan of vampires who have taken over a theater and must survive a night where they are confronted with an attack from human slayers as well as a visit from the original Dark Lord.Aug 12
- Rehearses October and November. Performances run November 5-22, in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 28, 29 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "The San Francisco Olympians Festival," a short play festival featuring a collection of 28 new plays written by 30 local writers, each one focusing on (or inspired by) a different monster from Greek mythology.Aug 12
- Workshop runs for 10 weeks on Thurs. eves. (6-9 p.m.) from Sept. 4-Nov. 6; performs Nov. 7 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for "Shakespeare Without Fear," a performance master class and showcase. Coordinator states: "Male and female actors will be cast in two to three scenes each for a 10-week master class, ending with a performance showcase on Nov. 7 at the historic Players Club. Work with experienced Shakespearean directors ...Aug 11
- Performance October, in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the theatrical performance "The Marvelous Uprising." Production description: An innovative event producer & social instigator weaves ensemble players, improv character performers and specialty acts into themed events, celebrations and immersive theatrical experiences.Aug 11
- Performances take place on an ongoing basis aboard Holland America's cruise ships, which travel worldwide.
- Auditions: Sep 6, in Boulder, CO and Sep 13, in Minneapolis, MN
Casting singers, singer-dancers, and dancers for production shows performing onboard Holland America Line's luxury vessels with worldwide itineraries.Aug 11
- Performance run February 2015, in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the staged reading "Naked Dudes Reading Lovecraft, Clothed Edition." Production description: Brought to you by the team who started "Naked Dudes Reading Lovecraft," the classic works of H.P. Lovecraft are getting another redux. In this fully-clothed staged reading, Lovecraft's short stories will be transformed into theatrical monologues with limited ...Aug 11
- Rehearses evenings & weekends, beginning September 8. Shows run through November 2, with a Thursday matinee October 30, in Pinckney, MI.
- Seeking submissions from: Pinckney, MI
Casting "Dracula," a musical. Project description: A thrilling drama of suspense and a Gothic romance from the extraordinary team Christopher Hampton, Don Black and Frank Wildhorn. Set in Europe at the end of the Victorian Age, the story follows the famed vampire as he lusts for new blood. Jonathan Harker ...Aug 11
- Shows run February 2-March 28, 2015, in Chicago, IL.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3 in Chicago, IL
Casting the dark comedy "Dividing the Estate," a play about a once-wealthy Texas family who battles over splitting up the family estate. By the author of "The Trip to Bountiful."Aug 11
- Season rehearses and performs in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Nov 13 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "Figaro" (Bart DeLorenzo, dir. Rehearsals begin Jan. 27, 2015; runs Mar. 3-May 10) and "Julius Caesar" (Geoff Elliott & Julia Rodriguez-Elliott, dirs. Rehearsals begin Feb. 17; runs Mar. 28-May 8).Jul 17
- Season runs in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 6, 7 in New York City, NY
Casting the 2014-15 season of Bottoms Dream. Now in their second season, Bottoms Dream is a NYC-based theater company that reinvents Shakespeare and other classic texts. Season includes: "12 Hour Reinvention" (actors will have 12 hours to reinvent, rehearse and perform a Shakespeare scene. As this is a one-day commitment, ...Aug 11
- Season runs in Coral Gables, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Coral Gables, FL
Casting the 2014-15 GableStage season. Season includes "Bad Jews" (Joshua Harmon, writer. Rehearsals begin Oct. 28; runs Nov. 22-Dec. 21), "Choir Boy" (Tarell Alvin McCraney, writer. Rehearsals begin Dec. 30; runs Jan. 24-Feb. 22, 2015), "New Jerusalem" (David Ives, writer. Rehearsals begin March 3; runs March 28-April 26), "Casa Valentina" ...Aug 11
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 14 (Sun. afternoons and Mon.-Thurs. eves.); runs Oct. 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, Nov. 1 & 2 at The Barrow Mansion, 83 Wayne St., Jersey City, NJ (two blocks from the Grove St. PATH station).
- Auditions: Sep 8, 9 in Jersey City, NJ
Casting and seeking stage crew for "Blithe Spirit," an "improbable farce" about love, marriage and the afterlife. Synopsis: The novelist, Charles Condomine, invites an eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his dinner party, in order to provide material for his upcoming book. Unfortunately, she conjures up the ghost of his first ...Aug 10
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 20 (weekday eves. and weekends during the day); runs Nov. 6-17 at Romita Auditorium, College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Pl., New Rochelle, NY (30 minutes from Grand Central Terminal via Metro-North).
- Auditions: Sep 11, 13 in New Rochelle, NY
Casting "Nine," the musical, with book by Arthur Kopit and music by Maury Yeston.Aug 10