Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsal dates TBD based on availability; show dates are tentatively set for the last two weekends in May and first weekend in June at Berg Studios in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Alter Dance," a play. Synopsis: Amy is a beautiful young dancer who is just starting out in New York City. Everything seems to be going her way as she auditions for a performance. Her life is turned upside down when she learns that the person who created the piece ...Apr 02
- Tour one rehearsals begin Oct. 19; runs Nov. 6-Dec. 27; tour two rehearsals begin Oct. 20; runs Nov. 20-27 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 20, in New York, NY
Seeking actors and singers for two tours of the musical "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas!"Apr 02
- Rehearses at least once a week through the month of May to mid June (scheduled based on performer’s availability) in midtown Manhattan; run begins June 20 with more performance dates and locations to be determined within NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 19 in New York City, NY
Seeking singers for the reimagining of Radiohead’s album “OK Computer” and their new musical “...&theINFINITE” in a double concert feature with six singers, a live string quartet, and rock band. The musical is about a man and a woman meeting at a bar for the very first time and over ...Apr 02
- Rehearsals begin January 2016; previews begin mid-February 2016; opes mid-March 2016 in NYC.
- Auditions: Apr 21, 22 in New York, NY
Casting "American Psycho," a new musical based on the book by Bret Easton Ellis, set in New York City in 1989, during the Wall Street boom.Apr 02
- "Hair" rehearses July 6-27; runs July 29-31, Aug. 1-2, 5-9, 12-16. "The 1940's Radio Hour" rehearses Nov. 2-23; runs Nov. 24, 25, 27-29; Dec. 2-6, 9-13.
- Auditions: Apr 27 in NYC, NY
Casting "Hair". A cultural phenomenon in musical theatre, Hair celebrates the rock music and culture of the ‘60s and ‘70s, and follows a group of young Americans in their effort to foster peace and love during the Vietnam War. Iconic musical numbers include "Aquarius", "Good Morning Starshine", "I Believe in ...Apr 02