Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Shows run year round.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 11 in Quincy, MA
Casting "The Murder Mystery Company Presents: Boston!" Casting director states: "The Murder Mystery Company has been active in the national theater community for over ten years and is third in record ticket sales in the US. Our shows run year round with a multitude of fun themes changing periodically to ...Feb 18
- Rehearses Mar. 2 & 15 (required); runs Mar. 21 & 22 in Midtown.
- Seeking submissions from: NY
Seeking singers. Company states: "'The Cranky Cabaret,' a wild, demented, fun filled show packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its February casts. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme!"Feb 18
- Rehearses the last two weeks of March and the first week of April; opens April 5, on the University of Pennsylvania campus.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Casting a replacement actor for Power Street's production of "MinorityLand." Project Description: "After making an impact at last year's Philly Fringe, Power Street has been invited to reprise their popular production of 'MinorityLand' at this Spring's Festival Latino."Feb 18
- Rehearsals will be held Mondays-Fridays from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., beginning June 23rd, with performances occurring later in summer, 2014, in Ambler, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Ambler, PA
Seeking students for a four-week program that will conclude with performances of the rock musical adaptation of Frank Wedekind's "Spring Awakening," winner of eight Tony Awards including Best Musical and four Drama Desk Awards. To be produced by the Young Starrs Theatre Company, voted Best Performing Arts School in Montgomery ...Feb 18
- Rehearses evenings & weekends through April; runs May 1-10, at the Adrienne Theatre in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 9 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting Charles Busch's comedic sun/surf/slash romp. Project Description: "Split personalities and drag queens come together in 1960's Malibu. Chicklet, a perky teenager, wants to learn to surf and join a group of beach bums. Unfortunately she suffers from split personalities.”Feb 18
- Rehearsals and shows are ongoing Weds.-Sun. in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Trapped in a Room with a Zombie" an interactive theatre production and great team building exercise in which up to twelve guests (our audience and our co-stars) are trapped in a room. The room use to belong to Dr. Oxy who was transformed into a Zombie while researching a ...Feb 18
- Rehearses July to September 11; runs September 11-27 in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Mar 7, 8 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting the musical version of Alice Walker’s classic novel and the Stephen Spielberg movie, “The Color Purple." A family saga set in rural Georgia, about a woman who found the strength to triumph over an abusive childhood, an even more abusive marriage, the separation from her sister, and the loss ...Feb 18
- Performances will be May 29-31 & June 5-7 & 12-14 at the Brigham City Fine Arts Center (BCFAC) in Brigham City, UT.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in Brigham City, UT
Casting "Cactus Flower," a comedy by Abe Burrows, which will be performed as a fundraiser for the BCFAC.Feb 18
- Season rehearses and performs in Sag Harbor, NY.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in Sag Harbor, NY
Casting the Bay Street Theatre season. LORT Season includes "Conviction" (Cary Crim, writer; Scott Schwartz, dir.; contract runs May 5-June 15); "Travesties" (Tom Stoppard, writer; Gregory Boyd, dir.; contract runs June 2-July 23); and "My Life is a Musical" (Adam Overett, book, music, and lyrics; Marlo Hunter, dir.-choreo.; contract runs ...Feb 18
- Rehearsals begin March 15; runs May 2-31 at the Long Beach Playhouse in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 10, 11 in Long Beach, CA
Casting "In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)." Artistic director states: "'In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play)' is a comedy about marriage, intimacy, and electricity. Set in the 1880s at the dawn of the age of electricity and based on the bizarre historical fact that doctors used ...Feb 17