Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin June 3, 2014; runs June 28-Sept. 21 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 9 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "The Taming of the Shrew."Oct 24
- The show will run in March-April, 2014 in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Dec 10, 11 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting "Mauritius" by acclaimed playwright Theresa Rebeck. Project Description: "Jackie, the younger of two estranged, half-sisters lives at home to care for their dying mother, while Mary went off to live her life. Jackie, in need of money, is anxious to sell an inherited stamp collection. Mary believes the stamps ...Oct 23
- Weekly rehearsals are held Wed. afternoons and Sat. mornings until performances; runs April 30 & May 4 at the Grand Park in Los Angeles.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Los Angeles, CA
The Inner City Shakespeare Ensemble, in collaboration with Brit Week, BAFTA LA, the LAUSD Arts Ed, The Music Center, LA County Parks & Recreation, The Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles, and the Independent Shakespeare Company, is casting its 2014 spring production of William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” with an ...Oct 22
- Rehearses Oct. 21, 2014 (generally held weeknights & weekends); runs Dec. 4, 2014-Jan. 11, 2015 in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 16 in Berkeley, CA
Casting for "Our Town."Oct 11
- "A Christmas Carol" runs early December-early January in NY. The children's shows run weekends at noon and 1:30 p.m. in NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking actors for "A Christmas Carol" by Sandra Nordgren, "Rumple Who?" a play for children with adult actors, and "Wiseacre Farm," another play for children with adult actors. Also seeking directors, playwrights, lighting people, costume and set designers to join the company. Company members do not pay dues, but they ...Oct 09
- Previews March 25-27, 2014; runs March 28-April 27, Thursday, Friday & Saturday at 8 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the TUTA Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
TUTA Theatre Chicago is casting the world premiere of "The Jewels," by playwright Kirk Anderson, based on the short story by Guy de Maupassant.Oct 08
- Rehearsals and media training will take place January - February 2014 via video conference. Performances are ongoing throughout the year at various locations nationally based on event bookings and client requests. Venues may include but are not limited to retail stores, shopping centers, fairs, festivals, museums, zoos, and aquariums. Venues may be outdoors or indoors.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY; Atlanta, GA; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Orlando, FL
Casting actors to portray Sir Topham Hatt for meet and greet appearances for a children's theater and improv experience. The presence of the Sir Topham Hatt helps to make a Thomas the Tank event a magical experience for guests. The character of Sir Topham Hatt plays an integral role in ...Oct 07
- Rehearses from mid-January to mid-February. Performance dates TBD, but there will be at least 5 during the period beginning February 19 and ending March 9.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting an episodic scripted comedy stage play, "Brownie and Lolli Go to Hollywood," in which two aging performers working in a New Orleans hat shop long for fame and fortune. Casting Director states: "A twist of fate presents them with an opportunity to be on a famous TV show. All ...Sep 30
- Records Vocals Sept. 16-17 in Union City, NJ (possibility of other recording dates); rehearses Oct. 2013; shoots Nov.-Dec. in and around NYC. (Most actors will only need to be on set 1-2 days.)
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting for "Bar Songs," an R-rated, musical film. Twelve rock songs frame this tale of one wild weekend in the life of a self-destructive alcoholic. The lead has been cast but plenty of singing and non-singing roles are available.Sep 03