Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
Posted: Mar 14
- "West Side Story" rehearsals begin May 17 (Mon.-Fri. in the evenings); runs June 30-July 2 in La Grange, IL. "Seussical" rehearsals begin July 11 (Mon.-Fri. in the evenings); runs Aug. 4-7 in La Grange, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL; Hinsdale, IL
Seeking submissions for BAMtheatre's (Hinsdale, IL) summer productions of "West Side Story" and "Seussical." For "West Side Story" (High School & College Intensive Program): Seeking submissions from high-school and college students. All roles available. For "Seussical" (Youth Theatre Program): Seeking submissions from students ages 17 and younger.
Posted: Mar 11
- Rehearses Apr.-May; seven performances in June (Fri.-Sun.) in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Absolute Zero (How Lovers and Sad People Hold Up the World)," an original play written by Ryan Lisman and being produced as part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival 2016. Synopsis: In an unusually cold summer, recently-divorced 32-year-old Jim falls in love with 17-year-old Charles upon first sight. Obsessed with ...
Posted: Mar 11
- "Black Panther Women" rehearsals begin Mid March, opens April 24; "Juneteenth" rehearsals begin, May 1 and opens June 1, "Miles Davis" rehearsals begin May 14, opens June 13. "Line" summer production rehearsals begin at the end of May, opens July 11; "Black Orfe" rehearsals begin June 20, opens July 22. All performances are at the 13th Street Repertory in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; NJ; CT
Casting and seeking crew for "Line," "Black Panther Women," "Miles Davis," and "Black Orfe," five plays. "Line," now in its 45th year, is still playing at the 13th Street Repertory Theatre in New York City. The next "Line" (Israel Horowitz, writer; Jacqueline Wade, director.) company will feature an African-American and ...
Posted: Mar 09
- Season runs in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: May 13 in New York, NY
Casting the Pittsburgh Public Theater 2016-17 Season. Season includes: "The Fantasticks" (Tom Jones, book & lyrics; Harvey Schmidt, music; Ted Pappas, dir. Rehearsals begin Sept. 6; runs Oct. 30); "Between Riverside and Crazy" (Stephen Adly Guirgis, writer; Pamela Berlin, dir. Rehearsals begin Oct. 18; runs Dec. 11); "Twelfth Night" (Shakespeare, ...
Posted: Mar 08
- Occasional devising sessions begin mid-March; rehearsals begin May; runs Friday, August 12th @ 7 PM and Saturday, August 13th @ 2 PM at An Unlikely Story in Plainville, MA.
- Seeking submissions from: Plainville, MA
Casting “Strong Poison,” based on Dorothy L. Sayers' 1930 hilarious crime novel; adapted for the stage by Cari Flynn with permission from David Higham Associates, London.
Posted: Mar 07
- Seeking submissions from: Los angeles, CA
Phoenicia entertainment is accepting submissions for its first annual stand up comedy contest held in Los angeles in May.
Posted: Mar 05
- For "The Last Five Years": Rehearsals begin in Sept. in NYC; if cast as Jamie, all music and lines must be memorized for first rehearsal (expecting to rehearse only once a week, no more than twice); runs Oct. 21 & 22 in Allentown, PA. Rehearsals for future shows will also occur in NYC in the same manner.
- Auditions: Jun 3, 4 in New York, NY
Casting the roles of Jamie AND CATHY in "The Last Five Years." Also casting the remainder of American Monarch Theatre Company's 2016-17 season (TBA; under consideration- Fantasticks; Closer Than Ever; Celebration; Starting Here, Starting Now; Fugitive Songs; Next to Normal; The Rink; Violet; Applause
Posted: Mar 04
- Rehearsals begin Dec. 5, 2016; runs Jan. 5-29, 2017 in Nashville, TN.
- Auditions: Apr 29 in Nashville, TN
Seeking Equity actors for "Romeo & Juliet."
Posted: Mar 02
- Runs in GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Stone Mountain, GA
Casting "The Lost Son Returns," a play loosely based on Luke 15 in the Bible in which a son leaves his home because his family and friends are unable to tolerate or understand his sexual orientation.
Posted: Feb 23
- Rehearsals are in late July and August in Rhode Island and/or the Boston, MA area; performances in August in southern New England and upstate New York.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Cafe Playa Moon," a serious comedy about how people make life-altering choices and determine their path. Synopsis: The story depicts a group of travelers who meet in a cafe where their lives intertwine in unexpected ways. Artistic Director states: "The play is set in Mexico and has enjoyed successful ...
Posted: Feb 22
- "Line" rehearsals begin the end of Feb. 2016, opens March 21; "Black Panther Women" rehearsals begin April 1, opens May 6; "Miles Davis" rehearsals begin May 14, opens June 13. All performances at the 13th Street Repertory in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Line," "Black Panther Women," and "Miles Davis," three plays. "Line," now in its 45th year, is still playing at the 13th Street Repertory Theatre in New York City. The next "Line" (Israel Horowitz, writer; Jacqueline Wade, dir.) company will feature an African-American and multi-cultural cast focusing on class, economic ...
Posted: Feb 19
- Runs Fall in Philadelphia, PA. Applicants within a 50-mile radius only!
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
We are looking for a Christian-flavored stage play set to debut Fall 2016. Both actors and singers are needed. Secrets, blackmail, adultery and betrayal. Each of these factors alone can produce disastrous- even murderous consequences but together... Will any make it out or will all be destroyed? Compensation will be ...
Posted: Feb 18
- Saturday Rehearsal Dates: Please Note: All rehearsal dates are set however, a breakdown for these dates will not require all participants to be available on all dates. Please submit rehearsal conflicts along with your application April 9th 9A - 1P April 16th 9A - 1P April 23rd 9A - 1P April 30th 9A - 1P May 7th 9A - 1P May 14th 9A - 1P May 21st 9A - 1P May 28th 9A - 1P June 4th 9A - 1P June 11th 9A - 1P June 18th 9A - 1P June 25th 9A - 1P July 2nd NO REHEARSAL 4TH OF JULY July 9th 9A - 1P July 16th 9A - 1P - Dress & Tech Rehearsal July 23rd 9A - 1P - Dress & Tech Rehearsal 913 Dallas Hwy Douglasville, GA 30134 "rehearsal are extremely important"
- Seeking submissions from: Douglasville, GA; Atlanta, GA
Casting "The Promise," a musical/ play. Synopsis: "The Promise" is the story of a girl who loses her innocence and family but refuses to stay down. She fights her way back to "regular" life while holding onto her father's promise that "she will be ok." Roles includes ebonics dialect, dancing, ...
Posted: Feb 16
- Rehearsals August 6, 2016
- Auditions: Apr 30 in Stone Mountain, GA
Casting "The Lost Son Returns," a play loosely based on Luke 15 in the bible. Synopsis: A son leaves his home because his family and friends are unable to tolerate or understand his sexual orientation.