Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals start mid-late September 2014; runs Nov. 12-15 (four performances) in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ
Casting Harry Kondoleon's "Self Torture and Strenuous Exercise."Aug 04
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Nov. 1-Dec. 21 in NJ.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting talented singer/dancers for "A Playhouse Christmas."Aug 04
- Three performances will be held in October and/or November at Joria Productions in Manhattan.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Chekhov Comedies," an evening of modern dress versions of three one-act comedies by Anton Chekhov. The one-acts include "The Proposal," "The Bear," and "Summer in the Country" (aka "A Tragedian in Spite of Himself").Aug 03
- Performs Dec. 12 & 13 in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting the play "Big Trouble in Little China." Production description: "An all-American trucker gets dragged into a centuries-old mystical battle in Chinatown. Based on the 1986 cult classic film, this play will take place at the historic Great Star Theater in San Francisco's Chinatown neighborhood, where the original film was ...Aug 01
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 28; runs Dec. 26, 2014-May 21, 2015 on tour.
- Auditions: Sep 2, 3, in New York, NY
Casting "Guys and Dolls."Aug 01
- Rehearses Aug. 7 or 8 (one day, two-three hours) in the Walnut Creek, CA area.
- Seeking submissions from: Walnut Creek, CA; Alamo, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA
Casting male actors for a superhero stage combat stunt show. Casting director states: "Our company produces interactive theater at corporate and private events such as upscale birthday parties throughout the United States. These are fun events and require actors to have stage combat and improvisation experience and be able to ...Aug 01
- Rehearses June 14-21 (must arrive June 14; rehearsals begin June 15 and run 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first week, with a half-hour lunch and break and free time after 5 p.m.; second week schedule TBD based on what needs to be worked); performs June 26 & 27 (7 p.m.); depart June 28. Camp is located in Oscoda, MI. No late arrivals or early departures; participants must be available for all dates and must strike after closing performance.
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY and Sep 27 in Nashville, TN and Oct 25 in Redding, CA and Dec 6 in Toledo, OH and Dec 7 in Detroit, MI and Dec 8 in Tawas City, MI
Casting "Annie," a production for the HFCC Performing Arts Company, a performing-arts camp that aims to provide participants with a professional training environment. Young actors will perform alongside professional guest artists in a 550-seat theater with a professional union orchestra and polished costumes and sets. There are also additional performing ...Jul 24
- Rehearsals vary depending on shows and events; performs fall and winter 2014 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA; CA
Seeking male and female singers who can dance for upcoming events and shows in the fall and winter.Jul 28
- Rehearsals begin March 2015; performances begin early April in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting “Feathered Thorns," a story about a suppressed young mute woman, Qiao, who finds herself living with her idol, popular painter, Nhung Long. It's the dramatic tale between mentor and student set in the enticing world of art, ambition and desires.Jul 28
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 13; runs Dec. 19-21 at the Hall of Liberty - Forest Lawn in Burbank, CA. Note: The entire cast will be off for Halloween and the entire week of Thanksgiving.
- Auditions: Sep 27, 29 in Los Angeles, (Hollywood Hills), CA
Casting "Into the Woods" a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Lapine.Jul 28