Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses May 23 and 25. Production runs May 26, in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: May 23, 25 in Dallas, TX
Casting for the production "The Damned Balkans (The Cursed)." Project description: "Based on the recent history of Albania, the drama is a confrontation between desperate-for-freedom subversives and the wily defender of the corrupt and all-controlling government."Apr 14
- Production runs July 17-August 1, in Boerne, TX.
- Auditions: May 31, Jun 1 in Boerne, TX
Casting for the production "Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)." Project description: "Can three guys really cover thirty-seven Shakespeare plays in less than two hours? This fast-firing comedy does just that as it parodies all of the Shakespeare plays (plus the sonnets!) with only three performers in two acts."Apr 14
- Rehearsals begin May 13 (minimal evening rehearsals); runs June 19-21 at the Producers Club Grand Theater in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the AlphaNYC Theater Company' s off-off Broadway production of "The Laramie Project" by Moises Kaufman and the Members of the Tectonic Theater Project. Synopsis: In October 1998, a twenty-one-year-old student at the University of Wyoming was kidnapped, severely beaten, and left to die, tied to a fence in the ...Apr 13
- Rehearses June 1-August 6. Performances run August 7-15, at the Sandy Amphitheater in Sandy, UT.
- Auditions: May 12, 13, 14, 16 in Sandy, UT
Casting "Shrek the Musical," a musical. Project description: "Based on the award-winning DreamWorks animation film, this show features Shrek, an unlikely hero, and his loyal steed Donkey as they embark on a quest to rescue the beautiful (if slightly temperamental) Princess Fiona from a fire breathing, love-sick dragon."Apr 13
- Rehearses May-June 16; runs June 17-28 at the DeSotelle Studios, 300 W.43rd Street.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "The Immortal Coil." Synopsis: Erasmus Bernstein, a once famous playwright, now in his 50s, seeks to rediscover his touch working on a new play with an exuberant young actor, Benj. These two main characters are joined in the second half of the play by two fine character actors, Ketchum ...Apr 13
- Rehearses and performs Sept. 1-27 in Monmouth, ME.
- Seeking submissions from: Monmouth, ME
Seeking energetic and dynamic nonunion performers for Gilbert & Sullivan's "Ruddigore, or the Witch's Curse." Synopsis: This "supernatural opera" is a parody of the stock melodrama--the villain who carries off the maiden; the priggishly good-mannered poor-but-virtuous-heroine; the hero in disguise; the snake-in-the-grass who claims to be following his heart; ghosts ...Apr 13
- Note: The rehearsals and performances are in Suffern, Rockland County, NY. All actors must be able to commute to the rehearsals and performances. Rehearsals begin after Memorial Day (typically twice a week plus occasional weekends); runs July 31, Aug. 1, 2, 6, 7, & 8 in two different parks, Suffern, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Suffern, NY
Casting a summer production of Shakespeare in the park.Apr 13
- Season runs in Warwick RI.
- Auditions: May 6, in Warwick, RI
Casting Ocean State Theatre's Summer 2015 Season. Season includes: "Rounding Third" (Richard Dresser, writer; Amiee Turner, dir. Rehearsals begin May 19; runs June 3-21); and "Gypsy" (Jule Styne, music; Stephen Sondheim, lyrics; Arthur Laurents, book; Russell Garrett, dir.-choreo.; Justin Cowen, music dir. Rehearsals begin June 23; runs July 8-Aug. 2).Apr 13
- Production runs August 14-23, in Plano, TX.
- Auditions: May 9 in Plano, TX
Casting for the musical "Reefer Madness." Project description: "Community authorities are alarmed over rampant narcotic use - especially marijuana, which causes wild behavior and possible insanity!"Apr 13
- Rehearsals begins May 18. Production runs July 16-19, in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Auditions: May 16, 17 in Baton Rouge, LA
Casting for the musical "Dreamgirls." Project description: "Based on aspirations and successes of such R&B acts as The Supremes, The Shirelles, James Brown, Jackie Wilson, and others, the show follows three young singers who chase their dreams to super stardom."Apr 13
- Rehearses Wed., 7:30-9 p.m.; Sat., 2-4 p.m. and TBD times on Tues. and Thurs.; performs May 16 in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "The Monologues of My Hips." Coordinator states: "The ‘choreoplay’ explores the standards of beauty and celebrates the diversity of different women’s bodies. This special event celebrates the beauty of women all shapes and sizes by exploring how they see themselves and how the world sees them. The choreoplay overlaps ...Apr 13