Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 29 at At ArtsWestchester in White Plains or at The Grinton Will Library; runs Apr. 29-May 1 at the Joan R Pincus Theater in the Grinton Will Libray in Yonkers, NY (10 minutes from Jonathan Larson's hometown of White Plains). Note: Not all actors will be called to every rehearsal, exact schedule will depend on role/actors' availability. This production will open 20 years to the day of the original Broadway opening night.
- Auditions: Feb 15, 16, 20 in White Plains, NY
Casting a special 20th anniversary production of "Rent."Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin April 25; runs June 1-26 (Wed.-Sat., 7:30 p.m.; Sun., 2:30 p.m.) in Austin, TX.
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24 in Austin, TX
Casting "One Man, Two Guvnors."Jan 26
- Productions run in Ft Myers, FL (Broadway Palm) and Dutch Apple (Lancaster, PA).
- Auditions: Feb 22, 23, 24, 25 in New York, NY
Casting the 2016 Season for Prather Entertainment Group. Broadway Palm season includes: "Funny Girl" (runs March 24-April 2); "Wizard of Oz" (runs June 23-Aug. 13); "Yesterdays" (runs Aug. 25-Oct. 8); "Evita" (runs Sept. 29-Nov. 19); and "Holiday Revue Show" (runs Nov. 10-Dec. 25 in FL). Dutch Apple season includes: "Mary ...Jan 26
- All rehearsals and performances are in Williamsburg, VA. Rehearsals begin for core shows sometime during the first two weeks of March. Shows open March 25 and run through Sept. 5.
- Auditions: Feb 12, in New York, NY
Seeking vibrant, energetic performers and musicians for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's collection of world-class spring season productions. Seeking a few triple threat performers, but mostly strong actors/singers and strong dancer/actors. Performers of all ethnicities are strongly encouraged to attend. Senior Manager states: "Award-winning creative team members come from Broadway, Hollywood, and ...Jan 26
- Season runs May 1-Nov. 6, 2016 in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 13 in New Yor, NY
Seeking ensemble dancers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Season runs in Ogunquit, ME.
- Auditions: Feb 12 in New York, NY
Seeking ensemble singers for the 2016 Season for The Ogunquit Playhouse. Season includes: "Anything Goes," "Hunchback of Notre Dame," "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "Million Dollar Quartet."Jan 26
- Currently casting two cabarets; rehearses Feb. 20; one cabaret performs Feb. 25 & 26 and one performs Feb. 27 & 28, in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking singers for the late-February cast of The Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun-filled revue packed with delightfully angry, naughty, edgy songs. All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with the "cranky" theme.Jan 26
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 14; runs Apr. 15-May 28 at Candlelight Pavilion in Claremont, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 15, in Claremont, CA
Casting "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying," winner of the Tony and Pulitzer Prize for it's 1961 debut, in which Finch, a window cleaner, finds a book of the same name and by following the often underhanded advice, he soon rises through the ranks of the World Wide ...Jan 25
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 22; opens April 23 at Zio Fraedo's in Pleasant Hill, CA. (Bay Area)
- Seeking submissions from: Pleasant Hill, CA; Walnut Creek, CA; San Francisco, CA
Casting in San Francisco for "The Mob's Last Supper," an interactive dinner theater production that involves singing, dancing, and comedic interaction with the audience. Synopsis: The head of the mob family has been indicted by the feds, but knows there's a rat in the family. During his going away party, ...Jan 25