Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses Sept. 7-Nov. 12 (weekdays, 7:30-10 p.m.; some weekend daytime rehearsals TBD); runs Nov. 13-Dec. 13 (Thurs.-Sat., 8 p.m.; Sun, 2 p.m.; no performance Nov. 26, Thanksgiving Day) at Conejo Players Theatre, 351 S. Moorpark Rd., Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 30, 31, Sep 1 in Thousand Oaks, CA
Casting "Follies," a true theatrical event, considered by many to be the greatest musical ever created. Surreal, sophisticated, compelling, heart-wrenching, and epic in scope, "Follies" was penned by musical theatre legend Stephen Sondheim and author James Goldman, and uses musical theater as a metaphor for the collapse of American innocence ...Jul 31
- Rehearses Oct. 19-Nov. 2 in NYC; runs Nov. 6-15 at the American Theatre for Actors in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "The Lilliput Troupe," a play that tells the incredible true story of the Ovitz family, seven vaudeville-performing siblings with dwarfism who survived a year in Josef Mengele's laboratory. Structured as a post-war vaudeville retelling of "Snow White," the play follows the Lilliputs on their unlikely journey from their home ...Jul 31
- Shoots Fall 2015 in NYC. Note: You must be a local to NYC in order to submit.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting NYC-based hosts for several new shows for Fuse TV.Jul 31
- Rehearses September and October; performs Nov. 12 at The University of North Alabama in Alabama.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA; Florence, AL; Huntsville, AL; Decatur, AL; Muscle Shoals, AL
Casting "Color Me," a racially themed play that focuses on Stella and Mariah, two freshmen girls in college. Stella is a true Southern girl who was unknowingly raised with racist morals and values. Mariah is African American and was raised in a very wealthy suburb in Georgia. Dark secrets come ...Jul 31
- Performs November 14, in San Jose, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Sunnyvale, CA
Casting for the character of Albert Einstein for a one-night performance, in San Jose, CA.Jul 30
- Festival runs in 2016 in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 20, 21 in Santa Cruz, CA
Casting for 2016's 8 Tens @ 8 Festival, featuring 8 ten-minute plays. Project description: "Eight awarded short plays, from our annual national playwriting contest, are performed and directed by some of the best the Santa Cruz theatre community has to offer."Jul 30
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Oct. 8-Nov. 1, Thurs.-Sat. evening at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. in Garden Grove, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Garden Grove, CA
Casting "Little Shop of Horrors," a comedy horror rock musical about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood and flesh. The musical is based on the low-budget 1960 black comedy film of the same name, directed by Roger Corman.Jul 29
- Rehearses October 2015; performs Nov. 07, 2015 in Atlanta, GA.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting "The Ballad of Sweet Auburn," a play from the mind of Altrazo H. Tiller. Synopsis: Dreams: a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person’s mind during sleep; reliving days of the past, altering sown seeds to ease the pain of reality reaped; resurrected ancestors, warnings of ...Jul 29