Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Contract begins Oct. 26, 2014 or Nov. 1, 2014 travel to Tampa, FL; rehearsals begin Oct. 27, 2014 or Nov. 2, 2014 in Tampa, FL; board ship Dec. 6, 2014; contract ends June 6, 2015. Note: Norwegian Getaway, ports every week in Miami for seven day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in New York, NY
Casting the Norwegian Cruise Line production of "Legally Blonde." Production states: "The Norwegian Getaway is Norwegian Cruise Line’s latest ship! In addition to this brand-new production of 'Legally Blonde,' entertainment on the ship will include 'Illusionarium,' a dining/entertainment experience devoted to magic and illusion, a water park with five slides, ...Jul 18
- Season rehearses and runs in Naples, FL.
- Auditions: Sep 13, 14 in Naples, FL
Casting Equity performers for various principal roles and chorus parts in TheatreZone's upcoming 2015 season. Season includes: "Mack and Mabel" (Jerry Herman, music & lyrics; Michael Stewart, book; Charles Fornara, music dir. Rehearsals begin Dec. 29, 2014; runs Jan. 8-17, 2015); "Sweeney Todd" (Stephen Sondheim, music & lyrics; Hugh Wheeler, ...Jul 18
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 21; runs Nov. 12-Dec. 7 in Souderton, PA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Souderton, PA
Casting "Greetings!" by Tom Dudzick.Jul 17
- Rehearsals begin the fourth week of September and are generally scheduled for two-three evenings/week, Mon.-Fri., based on actor availability; performs Nov. 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, and 22 (Thurs. at 7:30 p.m.; Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.; Sun. at 2 p.m.) in Clarkston, MI.
- Auditions: Sep 7, 8 in Clarkston, MI
Casting "Fool for Love," a dark drama with adult themes by award-winning playwright Sam Shepard. Synopsis: The scene is a stark motel room at the edge of the Mojave Desert. May, a disheveled young woman, sits dejectedly on a rumpled bed while Eddie, a rough-spoken rodeo performer, crouches in a ...Jul 15
- Development begins in May 2016 (two years from now) with up to four three-week residencies in different parts of the U.S. Premiere is set to take place in early 2017. Must be available for the entire development period which includes 9-12 weeks scattered throughout 2016 in three-week increments as well as touring in blocked timeframes from 2017 through 2019.
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY; New York City, NY
Seeking long-term, collaborative ensemble members with a strong backgrounds in acting, movement, improvisation, and/or performance art for a new conceptual project led by Artistic Director and multidisciplinary theater creator Seth Lepore. "Present Shock" will be based on the bestselling book by media theorist and contemporary philosopher Douglas Rushkoff. This is ...Jul 14
- Production dates TBD; company is based in Orlando, FL.
- Seeking submissions from: Orlando, FL
Penguin Entertainment, an Orlando-based talent and production agency, seeks male and female vocalists of all different voice types and ranges. Seeking everything from Motown to a cappella to opera. The ability to move and read music is a plus.Jul 14
- Rehearses Sept. 6-Nov. 1 (Tues. or Thurs., 6:30-10 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.) at CAP21 Studios in NYC 18 West 18th St.; runs Nov. 2-16 at The Theater @ the 14th Street Y in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Hairspray." Company states: "We are AfterWork Theater, an NYC-based recreational theater company for busy working professionals seeking a fun creative outlet, and we're launching our fifth season. No audition required. We're looking for people of every race, size, and age to join us as we rehearse and perform a ...Jul 13
- Rehearses Saturdays (3-6 p.m.) at the YMCA in North Hollywood, CA, usually the third Sat. of the month; public reading October 2014 at T. U. Studios, L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: North Hollywood, CA
Casting "Anzac," a semi-staged reading of an epic on war and peace in the 20th century.Jul 11
- Season rehearses and runs in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Berkeley, CA
Seeking Bay Area-based actors for Shotgun Players' 2015 season.Jul 03
- Rehearses and performs in Midtown Manhattan, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY; CT
Casting a backers production of "Casey - 30 Years Later!," a comedy play is based upon the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director/writer Frank Henenlotter. Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket ...Jun 28
- Rehearsals begin mid-February, 2015. Performances run March 27-April 18, 2015, at the CoHo Theatre, in Portland, OR.
- Seeking submissions from: Portland, OR; Seattle, WA
Casting "Belleville," a play by Amy Herzog. Project description: "Young Americans Zack and Abby have the perfect ex-pat life in Paris: a funky bohemian apartment in up-and-coming Belleville, a stable marriage, and Zack’s noble mission to fight pediatric AIDS. But when Abby finds Zack at home one afternoon when he’s ...Jun 23
- Auditions: Sep 5, 6, 7 in Scottsdale, AZ
Casting Rogers & Hammerstein's classica musical, "Oklahoma," set in 1895 on an Oklahoma farm run by Aunt Eller.Jun 24
- Season rehearses and performs in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Costa Mesa, CA
Casting South Coast Repertory 2014-15 season. Season includes: "Charlotte's Web" (Runs Oct. 21-Nov. 23, 2014), "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" (Runs Jan. 20-Feb. 22, 2015), and "OZ 2.0" (Runs May 5-June 7, 2015).Jun 19
- Positions are ongoing; assemblies are held during the day in the Northern NJ area.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; NY
Explore Science, a science-based educational company, is seeking performers for educational assemblies for school children.Jun 04
- Performances run Apr. 23-26, 2015 in Pittsburg, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pittsburg, CA
Casting Neil Simon's "Barefoot In The Park," about two newlyweds who learns to live as a "couple" while facing the usual daily ups-and-downs.Jun 03