Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performs in August 14 - 17 and possible extended runs in ACME theater in North Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting an all-Asian production of "Hamlet," the first work in Memento Mori Company's Shakespeare series.May 18
- Both Shakespeare plays will be performed in repertory, with rehearsals beginning August 27; opens October 1. Rehearsals for "Alice" begin November 12; opens December 10. "The Metamorphosis" rehearsals begin January 14, 2015; opens February 4, 2015. All rehearsals for Quintessence productions run Wednesdays through Sundays, in the Mount Airy section of Philadelphia, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA
Quintessence Theatre is casting all roles for its 2014-15 season, including "Richard II," "As You Like It," "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," and "The Metamorphosis."May 14
- Multiple sessions throughout Summer 2014 in Montauk, NY.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for the Montauk Group, an acting retreat with coach Gary Swanson inspired by Elia Kazan and Lee Strasberg's Group Theatre. Coordinator states: "Elia Kazan was having trouble finding new actors for his films trained in the Method, which he considered the most honest and true acting technique. Lee ...May 12
- Rehearsals begin July 2014; performs Oct. 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
Casting "My Life, My Faith, My God." Synopsis: "In this award winning stage play, Darnell Anderson is a typical hardworking husband and father who is facing increasing pressure from his wife, Nicole, and other family members to steer away from his Uncle Joe’s Restaurant. They want him to attain meaningful ...May 07
- Rehearses Aug. 4-Sept. 25; runs Sept. 26-Oct. 12 (Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m. and Sun. at 2 p.m., with one performance Thu. Oct. 9 at 8 p.m.) in Miami, FL.
- Auditions: Jul 14, 15, 16 in Miami Lakes, FL
Casting "Spring Awakening," a rock musical based on the play by Frank Wedekind. Casting talented vocalists with strong acting abilities. Strong language and strong sexual situations.May 07
- Rehearsal and production dates & locations vary.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26 in New Brunswick, NJ
Seeking union and nonunion performers for the New Jersey Theatre Alliance's Combined auditions. Note: Not all Alliance member theaters participate in these auditions and we will not have a confirmed list of participating theaters until about a week before the auditions.May 05
- Rehearsals begin June 2; shows perform in repertory for three weeks in July through July 26 (eight week commitment) in the newly founded Kansas Classical Repertory Theatre on the campus of the University of Kansas.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting Shakespeare's "Comedy of Errors" and the musical version of "The Boys From Syracuse."Apr 24
- Rehearsal begins Oct. 28; runs Dec. 5, 2014-Jan. 4, 2015 in Syracuse, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: Syracuse, NY
Casting "Hairspray."Apr 10
- Paid training in early-May 2014. Each performer will have 40-50 shows (times and dates vary) from June-Aug. Performers can continue throughout the school year, but must own a car and be willing to travel (and possibly stay overnight).
- Seeking submissions from: Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Richmond, VA; Boston, MA; Ithaca, NY; Albany, NY; Hartford, CT; Providence, RI; Charlotte, NC; Charleston, SC; Greenville, SC; Dover, DE; Pittsburgh, PA
Casting performers for "Sciencetellers," an interactive, physical and comedic play that utilizes fire and dry ice to make the story come alive for children and their families. This storytelling show will be presented at over 800 schools, libraries, camps, parties and events.Mar 31
- Rehearses in September. Opens November in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco, CA
Casting "Three Tall Women," Edward Albee's play about an imperious, acerbic old woman who lies dying, and is tended by two other women and visited by a young man.Mar 10