Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- "Merry Wives" rehearsals start July 1, 2015; runs Aug. 7-15, 2015 in NYC. "Short Shakespeare" rehearsals start Apr. 15, 2015.
- Auditions: Jan 31 in New York, NY
Casting "Merry Wives of Windsor" by William Shakespeare. Also seeking actors with teaching experience for "Short Shakespeare," a series of short plays for schools.Dec 29
- Currently running on Broadway in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 30, in New York, NY
Seeking singers for "The Book of Mormon," a musical.Dec 29
- Six-week workshop runs Jan. 26-Mar. 2 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) at a studio location TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Winter 2015 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared, confident and competitive. The ...Oct 06
- Training and rehearsals are on Tuesday and Wednesdays, 5:30 to 7:30pm
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking one man and one woman with a strong movement and acting background to be trained as company members in The American Mime Theatre, and to be cast in plays of the repertory for April performance. Director says, "we are a company of non-speaking actors who motivate movement from our ...Dec 23
- Rehearses late-Spring to early-Summer 2015 in San Francisco, CA; performances begin July 2015 in downtown San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Vivaldi: The Red Priest of Venice," a two-person musical show about the famous composer Antonio Vivaldi.Dec 23
- Currently casting the Broadway, international, and touring productions.
- Auditions: Feb 7 in Orlando, FL and Feb 21 in Pittsburgh, PA and Feb 28 in Chicago, IL
Seeking talented actors and actresses across the country for "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical."Dec 22
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 23, 2015; runs May 2-17, 2015 in San Francisco, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Casting strong singing actors for the world premiere musical, "Josephine and The Sheep of Dreams." Production description: "When Josephine lost her mother she also lost a vivacious storytelling friend. One night she goes on an ultimate dream journey where she encounters a flock of sheep, a neurotic elf, the Sandman, ...Dec 20
- Rehearses in Northridge, CA; performances are ongoing.
- Seeking submissions from: Northridge, CA; Los Angeles, CA; San Fernando Valley, CA
Seeking musical performers for "A Faery Hunt," an interactive, ongoing children’s show. Also seeking entertainers for children’s parties. Producer states: "Singing, improv skills, artistic talents, creative imaginations, a love for children, a love for the magical, and a fun, light-hearted personality a plus."Dec 20
- Rehearsals begin June 15; runs July 9-26 with a possible extension until Aug. 2 in St. Louis, MO.
- Seeking submissions from: St. Louis, MO
Seeking a stage manager for "The Killing of Sister George," a play.Dec 19
- Rehearsals and performances dependent upon roles.
- Auditions: Feb 6, 7 in Portland, OR
Casting multiple productions of Shakespeare plays or adaptations, for Portland-area Shakespeare companies, including Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Past companies in attendance include Anon It Moves, Fuse Theatre Ensemble, Milagro Theatre, Northwest Classical Theatre Company, Original Practice Shakespeare Festival, and Post 5.Dec 18
- Rehearsal and production dates are TBD in NYC & New Jersey.
- Seeking submissions from: Bergen County, NJ; New York, NY
Seeking a young writer to work on a student project.Dec 18
- Rehearses Saturdays (Apr. 4, 11, 18, 25, & May 3; 11 a.m.-3 p.m.); performs Sundays (May 17, June 14, July 19, Aug. 23, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15 & 22; 6 p.m.) in Vero Beach, FL.
- Auditions: Feb 21, 28 in Vero Beach, FL
Seeking three men between the ages of 21 and 31 to perform "Everything Old is New Again!," a musical revue of the life and times of Peter Allen. Artistic producer states: "This is a consistently sold-out, very intimate dinner theater."Dec 18
- Season rehearses and performs in Wakefield, RI.
- Auditions: Jan 31, Feb 1 in Kingston, RI
Casting Theatre By The Sea’s 2015 season, to include “Smokey Joe’s Café” (Kevin P. Hill, dir.-choreo. Runs June 3-21, 2015); “My Fair Lady,” (Charles Repole, dir.; Michael Lichtefeld, choreo.Runs June 24-July 18); Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” (Billy Sprague Jr., dir./choreo. Runs July 22-Aug. 15); and “Young Frankenstein (Kevin P. Hill, ...Dec 17
- Rehearsals begin February; tech runs Apr. 12-16; perf. runs Apr. 17-May 2 at: Drama Learning Center 9130-I Red Branch Rd. Columbia, MD 21045.
- Auditions: Jan 29 in Columbia, MD
Casting "Spring Awakening," a musical based on the play by Frank Wedekind set in a provincial German town in the late nineteenth-century in a world where grown-ups hold the keys to the future and two young people lead their peers in a celebration of rebellion against the rigid status quo.Dec 16