Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- "Into the Woods" rehearsals begin Jun. 1; runs Jun. 19-27 in Potter Hall Theatre, Missouri Western State University, St. Joseph, MO. "The Fantasticks" rehearsals begin Jun. 22; runs Jul. 10-18 in Kemper Recital Hall, Missouri Western State University, St. Joseph, MO.
- Auditions: Mar 8 in St. Joseph, MO
Casting "Into the Woods" and "The Fantasticks." "Into the Woods" is a musical that follows a Baker and his wife who wish to have a child, Cinderella who wishes to attend the King's Festival, and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn ...Feb 10
- Rehearses in April in NYC; rehearses May 10 (1 p.m.); runs May 12 & 13 (7 p.m.) at Gallery Theater, Brooklyn, NY.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting the staged reading of Dickens' "Our Mutual Friend," a new musical, with music & lyrics by Larry Gelb, adapted by Elizabeth & Larry Gelb from Dickens' last completed novel, and directed by Mark Harborth. Seeking excellent actor/singers.Feb 10
- Rehearsals begin the week of Mar. 30; runs Apr. 15-May 3 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Hold These Truths" by Jeanne Sakata. This play is based on a true story, inspired by many hours of interviews with Gordon Hirabayahi and several of is friends from the 1940's. Note: In 2012, Gordon Hirabayashi was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nations's highest civilian honor, ...Feb 09
- Season runs Jun. 1-Aug. 8 in Banner Elk, NC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking carpenters, stitchers, and a shop foreman or woman for the 2015 Season for Lees-McRae Summer Theatre. Season includes: "Oliver!"; "Lend Me a Tenor"; and"The Denim King," a musical on Moses Cone.Feb 09
- Rehearsals begin Apr. 7; tech runs May 1-3; runs May 5-24 in Westport, CT.
- Seeking submissions from: Westport, CT; New York, NY
Casting "The Liar" by David Ives, adapted from the comedy by Pierre Corneille.Feb 09
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 2 (evening and weekend) in Manhattan and Queens; runs Mar. 26-Apr. 11 at the Chain Theatre in Long Island City.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting a showcase production of "Spring Awakening" with music by Duncan Sheik and book & lyrics by Steven Sater based on a play by Frank Wedekind.Feb 09
- Rehearsals begin April 20. Performances run June 27-July 25, in Saratoga, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 21, 22 in Saratoga, CA
Casting the musical "Irene." Production description: "This award-winning musical comedy was inspired by the 1920's jazz and flapper beat. It is a tuneful and affectionate valentine to the innocence and high spirits of this era."Feb 09
- Runs May 16-Aug. 9 in NYC.
- Auditions: Mar 11 in New York, NY
Seeking actors for The Post Playhouse's 2015 Season. Season includes "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"; "Grease"; "Cinderella"; "All Shook Up"; and "A Man Of No Importance." The Post Playhouse is a professional summer stock theatre located in the NW corner of Nebraska near the borders of Wyoming and South ...Feb 09
- Productions run June 17-Oct. 17 in Cape May, NJ.
- Auditions: Mar 5 in New York, NY and Mar 14 in Cape May, NJ
Casting Equity actors for various principal roles in East Lynne Theater Company's 2015 season. Season includes "Mr. Lincoln," "Huckleberry Finn," and "Strictly Dishonorable."Feb 06
- Production runs May 15-31, in Richardson, TX.
- Auditions: Mar 29, 30 in Richardson, TX
Casting for the production "The Little Foxes." Project description: "Southern belle, Regina Giddens, and her brothers scheme to outwit Regina's husband Horace, who opposes their attempts to profit from a cotton factory in partnership with a Chicago businessman, in Lillian Hellman's look at the power of money to destroy lives."Feb 09