Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses weekly on Sat. and Wed. beginning in September; runs Feb. 8-21 at HERE Arts Center in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking five writer/actors and five writer/dancers/movers for Girl Be Heard's 2015-2016 main stage show "Embodi(ED)," a documentary theatre and dance piece addressing the issue of eating disorders and the $55 billion dollar diet industry. Based on interviews with people of all ages and all genders conduced by Girl Be Heard ...Thursday
- Meets weekly on Sundays from 2-5 p.m. from September, 2015 through May, 2016 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking performers, songwriters, dancers, writers, and activists for Girl Be Heard, a theatre company that brings global issues affecting girls center stage by empowering young women to tell their stories. Through writing and acting workshops, Girl Be Heard generates cutting-edge theatre about what it means to be a girl in ...Thursday
- Tech & dress rehearsals Dec. 21 & 22 (required); musicians perform original music Dec. 18 at QED Astoria; runs Dec. 24, 26, 28, 29, and Jan. 1-3, 2016 at The Secret Theatre in Long Island City.
- Auditions: Sep 3, 4, 5 in New York, NY
Casting "Twelfth Night," a play with original music. Company states: "Shakespeare's Twelfth Night set in a present day jazz lounge and bar from New Year's Eve until Twelfth Night; lots of drinking, partying, and pranks ensue as the characters struggle between loneliness and that ever elusive quest to find love, ...Thursday
- Runs Aug. 27, 2-4 p.m. at A.R.T./New York - Spaces at 520, 520 Eighth Ave., 3rd Fl., New York, NY 10018.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY; NJ; CT; PA
Seeking participants for an acting master class with Taylor Trensch (lead in "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time"). Class is limited to 15 actors. Participants will have the opportunity to perform a prepared contemporary monologue (no more than one minute) for Taylor and receive individual feedback directly ...Wednesday
- Runs Oct. 9 and 10 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 15 and 17 at 7:30 p.m.; Oct. 18 at 2 p.m.; Oct. 22 and 24 at 7:30 p.m., and Oct. 25 at 2 p.m. in Allentown, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 18 in Allentown, PA
Casting "The Addams Family," a musical. Synopsis: Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family – a man her parents have never met. And if that weren’t upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father ...Wednesday
- Season rehearses and performs in Central PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Boiling Springs, PA
Casting children and adults for the Allenberry Playhouse and Allenberry Resort fall season. The theater is specifically seeking local actors for their annual original Christmas show and their Annual Murder Mystery weekend. Season includes "There’s No Place Like Home For The Holidays: The Christmas Show" (Jackie Heinze, writer. Rehearses Oct. ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 21; lab presentations run Oct. 14-15 in NY.
- Auditions: Aug 5 in New York, NY
Casting the role of Jimmy in "Bull Durham" with book by Ron Shelton, and music and lyrics by Susan Werner.Wednesday
- Shows rehearse and perform in Pasadena or Laguna, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 7 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "Peter Pan and Tinkerbell: A Pirates Christmas" (Rehearsals begin Nov. 23; runs Dec. 9, 2015-Jan. 3, 2016 at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena, CA) and "A Snow White Christmas" (Rehearsals begin Nov. 16; runs Dec. 3-27 at the Laguna Playhouse in Laguna, CA). Both shows are performed in the ...Wednesday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 14; runs Oct. 8-Nov. 1, Thurs.-Sat. evening at 8 p.m. and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. in Garden Grove, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 31, Sep 1 in Garden Grove, CA
Casting "Little Shop of Horrors," a comedy horror rock musical about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood and flesh. The musical is based on the low-budget 1960 black comedy film of the same name, directed by Roger Corman.Wednesday
- Rehearsals Aug. 31; runs Oct. 22-Nov. 1 in Irvine, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 25, 26, 27 in Irvine, CA
Casting the musical, "Hairspray," a social commentary on the injustices of parts of American Society in the 1960s. Company states: "The musical offers an upbeat book & music to portray and deal with some very serious & strong issues/themes, many that are still unfortunately very relevant and prevalent today: racism, ...Wednesday
- Rehearses Aug. 11-Oct. 7; runs Oct. 10-Nov. 1 in N. Hollywood, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 5, 8 in North Hollywood, CA
Casting "King Lear," a live play.Wednesday