Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses evenings & weekends; runs Jan. 24-Feb. 15, 2014 for 12 performances on Fri. at 7 p.m. & Sat. at 1 & 4:30 p.m. in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Seeking submissions from: Salt Lake City, UT
Casting "Casey At Bat," based on the poem from 1887 in which a baseball team from the fictional town of Mudville (implied to be the home team) is losing by two runs with two outs in their last inning. Both the team and its fans (a crowd of 5,000, according ...Monday
- Performances run April 4-27, 2014 at the Adobe Theatre in Albuquerque, NM.
- Auditions: Jan 11, 12 in Albuquerque, NM
Casting "Dancing at Lughnasa," a play about the courage of five sisters in 1936 Ballybeg, Ireland as told through the memory of Michael. Faced with no meaningful work, no likelihood of a husband, and only themselves to depend upon, they still manage to find joy and humor in their lives. ...Monday
- Performs for six weeks, beginning Feb. 6, 2014 in Reno, NV. Upon completion of the Reno run, dancers will have the opportunity to stay with "Divas" as a swing for the main show in Las Vegas. When full time positions open up, swings are offered the positions first.
- Auditions: Dec 27 in Las Vegas, NV
Casting "Frank Marino's Divas," a celebrity female-impersonator show.Monday
- Performers must be available for rehearsals beginning Jan. 7, 2014, 10 a.m.-noon, and for all morning and evening performances. Performances run Feb. 17-March 7, 2014 at the SCERA Center for the Arts in Orem, UT. Shows will be at 10 a.m. on weekdays for school field trips with evening public shows on Mon. & Fri. nights at 7 p.m.
- Auditions: Dec 17 in Orem, UT
Casting 'Dr. Seuss’s “The Cat in the Hat," a one-hour play (not a musical) with most of the storytelling done through movement, dance, acting and characterization, although there are scripted lines for most characters.Monday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2014; runs Feb. 14-March 1, 2014 in Tempe, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in Tempe, AZ
Casting "The Whale," a drama. Project description: "Since the death of his boyfriend, morbidly obese 600 pound Charlie (to be played by Nearly Naked Theatre artistic director Damon Dering) confined himself to his small Idaho apartment and is eating himself to death. With his health quickly failing, Charlie becomes desperate ...Monday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2014; runs Jan. 22-Feb. 9 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 14 in Rancho Mirage, CA and Dec 16, 17 in N. Hollywood, CA
Casting "A Perfect Ganesh" about two outwardly unremarkable, middle-aged lady friends who throw themselves into a rousing tour of India, each one having her own secret dreams of what the fabled land of intoxicating opposites will do for the suffering she hides within.Monday
- Rehearsals begin March 17, 2014; runs Apr. 9-May 4, 2014 in Souderton, PA.
- Auditions: Jan 20 in Souderton, PA
Casting "Musical of Musicals, the Musical," with music & book by Eric Rockwell and lyrics & book by Joanne Bogart.Monday
- Currently running on Broadway in NY.
- Auditions: Jan 15, in New York, NY
Seeking ensemble members/understudies/swings for future replacements in the currently running Broadway production of "Cinderella" with music and lyrics by Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein II and book by Douglas Carter Beane.Monday