Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performances to be held in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "The Hallelujah Girls," a play directed by Miriam Ani. Project description: "Hilarity abounds when the feisty females of Eden Falls, Georgia, decide to shake up their lives. After the loss of a dear friend, the women realize time is precious, and if they're going to change their lives and ...Friday
- Rehearsals to begin in January 2016, in Berkeley, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 6, 12 in Berkeley, CA
Casting "Brooklyn Boy," a play by Donald Margulies. Project description: "This play by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Dinner with Friends follows the career of Eric Weiss, a writer whose novel hits the bestseller list the same time his life begins to unravel. His wife is out the door, his ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Saturday December 26, evenings and weekends (possibly some weekdays depending on actor availability). Runs January 29 -February 21 Friday-Sunday for 16 performances. All auditions, rehearsals, and performances at The Gallery Players, 199 14th Street, Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Dec 5, 8, 9 in Brooklyn, NY
The Gallery Players, Brooklyn's Premiere Off-Off Broadway theater in it’s 49th season announces auditions for upcoming AEA showcase (approval pending) production of Seussical— book by Lynn Ahrens and stephen Flaherty; music by Stephen Flaherty; lyrics by Lynn Ahrens; co-conceived by Eric Idle Director Barrie Gelles; Producer Justine McLaughlin /The Gallery ...Friday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 4, 2016 (weekday eves. & Sundays); runs March 4-13 at Irvington Town Hall Theater, 85 Main St., Irvington, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 7, 9, 15, 16 in Irvington, NY
Casting "American Idiot," a musical. Director states: "Green Day's powerhouse album is brought to life in this electric-rock musical of youthful disillusion. The two-time Tony Award-winning hit musical, Green Day's 'American Idiot,' based on the Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum album, boldly takes the American musical where it's never gone before. This ...Friday
- Auditions: Friday, December 4th Callbacks: Monday, December 7th Payrate: $200 Rehearsal Stipend, $50 per performance Rehearses: December 14th – January 15th, weekdays Performance Period: January 16th – February 21st Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm Location: Theatre At Blessed Sacrament, 152 West 71st Street
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Twinkle Tames A Dragon, The Musical Non-Union Theatre V/T: Vital Theatre/Theatre at Blessed Sacrament, 152 West 71st St. Artistic Director: Stephen Sunderlin Director: TBD Book: Cara Lustik & Katharine Holabird Book & Lyrics: Matthew Hardy Music: Randy Klein Based on the Book by: Katharine Holabird & Sarah Warburton Musical Director: ...Friday
- Rehearses Jan. 11-Feb. 11, 2016 (weeknights and weekend days); runs. Feb. 12-March 6 (Sat. eves. and Sun. afternoons) at Center Stage Theater, 8463 Sierra Ave., Fontana, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 7 in Fontana, CA
Casting all roles for "Memphis" the musical for Center Stage Theater Fontana. Synopsis: Inspired by the legendary DJ Dewey Phillips and set against a rock-and-roll score, Memphis follows a 1950s disc jockey who plays African-American music for his white listeners, and soon he begins to fall for a talented black ...Thursday
- Rehearsals begin early Jan. 2016 (weeknight evenings and weekend days); show opens Feb. 22 and runs for 4 weeks (4 performances per week on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights and Sunday matinees) at the Berger Park Coach House Theatre in Chicago, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Chicago, IL
On the Spot Theatre Company is currently auditioning actors for their late winter show, a world premiere of the new full length dramatic comedy, "Sex Lives of the Zebra Finch," a contemporary play set in Chicago.Thursday