Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearses October-November in Williamsburg at Standard ToyKraft; runs this Dec. 4-20 in Brooklyn.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting "Ubu Rex." Company states: "'Ubu' is an anarchic, absurdist, French play from the turn of the 20th century. We are looking for a small crew of brave actors, willing to experiment with mask, clowning and found-space work. This will be an uproarious farce, set at a post-apocalyptic dinner party ...yesterday
- You can be anywhere as long as you have access to the internet and some kind of recording equipment.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking singers to sing in a demo soundtrack for "Living the American Dream," a musical. Synopsis: It's 1907 and two sisters, Kate and Colleen Sullivan (ages 17 and 15), are living on the streets. When Colleen gets an offer she can't refuse, the two sisters find themselves on a boat ...yesterday
- Rehearses Saturdays (5 p.m.) Sept.-Dec. 2015; performs Dec. 20 in Augusta, GA.
- Auditions: Sep 12 in Augusta, GA
Casting "An Urban Christmas Carol," a play based on the classic legend but set in the modern "hood." Synopsis: Ebenisha, riddled with anger and greed, face the ghost of her past, present, and future, to an unexpected end - a twist. This is an interactive play where the audience chooses ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 21 (generally Mon.-Thurs., 7-9 p.m.); runs Nov. 13-Dec. 12 (weekends) in The Kweskin Theatre, Stamford, CT.
- Auditions: Sep 14, 15 in Stamford, CT
Casting "Bonnie and Clyde," the new musical.yesterday
- Rehearsals start Oct. 5 (Mon. & Weds. 7-10 p.m.); runs Nov. 30-Dec. 6
- Auditions: Sep 20 in New York, NY
Casting "The ButtCracker," a comical, parody "danc-ical" set in modern-day New York City, spoofing not only the story of the Nutcracker ballet, but also all of the popular dance/movies/television shows spanning the last few decades. Juxtaposing the themes of "Footloose," "Dirty Dancing," "Fame," "Flashdance," and many others, the plot creates ...yesterday
- Rehearses Sept. 18 and Oct. 7-9 (6-10 p.m.) and Sept. 19 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.) in Stone Mountain, GA; additional virtual rehearsals will be scheduled. Tech rehearsal will be held Oct. 10 (8 p.m.) at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center; performs Oct. 10 (10 p.m.) at the Atlanta Black Theatre Festival at the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center on the campus of Morehouse College.
- Seeking submissions from: Atlanta, GA
Casting "Suzette's Saga" inspired by a true story, examines the universal subject of colorism (tension between lighter and darker skinned siblings). Main character, Suzette, is 15 when told a family secret. Later, a co-worker brings an unexpected reveal which greatly impacts her life. Four generations are represented in this contemporary ...yesterday
- Auditions September 8 in Clarkston, GA.
- Auditions: Sep 8 in Clarkston, GA
Casting for the stage play, "Don't Call Me Brother." Project description: "Another black youth killed by a police officer under questionable circumstances coupled with the ensuing media frenzy over the community’s response to this latest death, forces Andrew Merritt, recently appointed Chief of Police, into a difficult position."yesterday