Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs Mon. evenings, 6:30 p.m., three to four times a month through Winter 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: NJ; New York, NY
Casting "Casey: 30 Years Later!," a comedy play based on the cult horror film "Basket Case" by director-writer Frank Henenlotter. Synopsis: Released in 1982, this horror film tells the story of a young man who carries his deformed conjoined twin brother in a large basket while seeking vengeance on the ...yesterday
- Rehearses July-August in NYC; runs at Thespis Theater Festival at the Hudson Guild Theater in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Red Roses and Domestic Acid," a satirical dramatic comedy with jazz music about a case of domestic violence (Pietro Germi style) with actors, mimes, dancers, viseos, masks by cosmopolitan author, director, actress Pilar Quarzell Castel for the Thespis Theater Festival New York.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin on Oct. 14; runs Nov. 12-Dec. 29 in East Haddam, CT. No performances on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day.
- Auditions: Jul 18, 19 in East Haddam, CT
Casting "The North Pole Express," a musical and Christmas family show that has played to sold-out audiences for the last 10 years.yesterday
- Rehearses July 20-Aug. 14; runs Aug. 18-30 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 9, 10, in New York, NY
Casting dynamic singer/actors with strong ballet backgrounds for "To Dance," a new musical (Book & Lyrics: Kyra Robinov; Music: Tibor Zonai; Director/Choreographer: Donald Garverick) premiering at the 2015 New York International Fringe Festival. Producer states: "Set in the USSR and NYC during the Cold War, 'To Dance' tells the true ...yesterday
- Rehearses Aug. 10-21 in NYC; runs in October and November in the Mideast in Egypt, Dubai, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman sporadic through 2016, but will have understudies in case not available.
- Auditions: Jul 13, in New York, NY
Casting "Scooby-Doo and The Mystery of The Pyramid," a musical. Producer states: "The acting style is bright-eyed, sincere, and matches the old TV cartoon. Because we are in a live situation in a 90 min. show instead of a 22 min. cartoon, the relationships are more three-dimensional and events and ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 31; first performance is on or about Oct. 1; closes Nov. 7 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jul 15 in New York, NY
Casting "Catch the Butcher," a play. Synopsis: In the past years, the Butcher of Harbor Park has killed eleven women, dumping their bodies in the river with a poem attached. While most women are terrified, there is one who is instead curious. So she sets off to find the killer. ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 17; tech rehearsal Sept. 11; performs Sept. 18-Oct. 11 (Fri. & Sat., 7:30 p.m.; Sun., 2 p.m.) in Aurora, CO.
- Auditions: Jul 18, 21 in Aurora, CO
Casting "Jekyll & Hyde," a musical.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 22; runs May 7-29 with possible extension through June 5 in San Francisco.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Sojourners" and "runboyrun," two plays by Mfoniso Udofia being presented in repertory by Magic Theatre.yesterday