Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performs Oct. 16-25 in Northbrook, IL.
- Seeking submissions from: Highland Park, IL
Casting "Avenue Q," a musical. Project description: "A laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who moves into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q. There, he meets Kate (the girl next door), Rode (the Republican), Trekkie (the ...Mar 01
- Rehearsal dates TBD in France; runs Aug. 15-22 in Agincourt Field, France and one day in Paris, France.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking participants for a one week intensive and performance of "Henry V" on the historic battlefield of Agincourt in this 600th anniversary year. Training and master class provided.Feb 28
- Year-round, full-time position. Venues are located in Pigeon Forge, TN and Branson, MO.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting "Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede." The Dixie Stampede is a large arena dinner show with 1000-seat venues in Pigeon Forge, TN and Branson, MO. It features equestrian entertainment combined with down-home humor and large-scale musical production numbers.Feb 27
- Rehearsals and performances scheduled throughout 2015-16, in Vancouver, BC.
- Seeking submissions from: Vancouver, BC
Casting the Axis Theatre & Green Thumb Theatre's 2015-16 seasons. Project description: "Axis Theatre Company is an award-winning physical theatre company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. At 38 years and counting, Axis is looking forward to many artistic adventures now and in the future. Green Thumb Theatre has emerged as ...Feb 26
- Callbacks are at the discretion of each attending production company. Productions are on-going through 2015-16 in Oregon and Washington.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in Seattle, WA
The NW Regional Latino Theatre Alliance is holding the Second Annual NW Regional Latino Theatre Auditions. Project description: "The NW Regional Latino Theatre Alliance is excited to encourage multicultural casting, and all the major theatres of Seattle will be in attendance, as well the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and Milagro of ...Feb 26
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 10; runs Sept. 10-Oct. 4 in San Francisco. Note: Festival will be presented in two series, in rep.
- Auditions: Apr 18 in San Francisco, CA
Casting ReOrient Festival 2015. Festival includes nine short plays from/about the Middle East by various authors including, Yussef El Guindi, Mona Mansour, Nahal Navidar, and Silva Semerciyan, with an ensemble and each actor playing multiple roles.Feb 25
- Rehearses and performs July 6-Aug. 1 at Heritage Theatre Festival at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.
- Seeking submissions from: Charlottesville, VA
Casting two roles in upcoming summer production of "Violet."Feb 21
- Rehearsal dates TBD; performances are June 5-7 and June 12-14, 2015 at theater in Hunts Point, The Bronx, NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Bronx, NY; New York, NY
Casting versatile actors for short play festival of new works that celebrates rising playwrights.Feb 20
- Rehearsals begin Spring 2015 in Watertown, MA; runs Fall 2015 in Boston, MA and NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA; NYC, NY; Providence, RI; NH; CT
Casting "The Case Of Soghomon Tehlirian," a play. Synopsis: This is a story about a survivor of the Armenian genocide. After witnessing the brutal murder of his entire family in 1915, he manages to survive the massacres and escape from Armenia, first to the neighboring countries Persia and Georgia, and ...Feb 18
- Rehearsals begin end of May; performs June 8, 14, 22, & 24 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting William Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice." Coordintator states: "The part of Shylock will be played by David Serero (www.davidserero.com)."Feb 12
- Rehearsals begin mid-July 2015; runs Sept. 18-27, 2015 at the Hernando Performing Arts Center, Hernando, MS.
- Auditions: May 2, 3 in Hernando, MS
Casting for a stage production of "To Kill a Mockingbird." Synopsis: The place is Maycomb, Alabama, in the Great Depression years of the 1930s. Momentous events unfold through the eyes of ten-year-old Scout Finch, growing up in a close-knit neighborhood with her older brother Jem and their summertime visitor Dill. ...Feb 12