Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals: May 18-June 11, 2015, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts and Prentis Park Performances: June 11-14, 2015, Prentis Park
- Seeking submissions from: New York City, NY
The South Dakota Shakespeare Festival (SDSF) seeks non-Equity performers for its third outdoor season of free Shakespeare in Vermillion’s Prentis Park. The Festival seeks professional actors and teaching artists from the Great Plains region and nationally to form an ensemble-based Shakespeare company for a four-week contract in Vermillion, South Dakota. ...2 hours ago
- Workshop runs Jan. 26-Mar. 2 (Mon., 7-10 p.m.) at a studio location TBA in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Seeking participants for the Winter 2015 session of Ted Kociolek's Musical Theater Audition/Performance Technique Workshop. Instructor states: "Lacking confidence in your musical theater auditions? Uncertain of your approach to material? Choosing inappropriate repertoire for your type? Suffering from performance anxiety? Walk into your next audition prepared, confident, and competitive. The ...6 hours ago
- Show is April 12-13, 2015 in NYC.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Seeking talent for The 24 Hour Musicals audition contest. Producer states: "Once a year, The 24 Hour Musicals event in NYC stages four star-studded, brand-new musicals--written overnight, rehearsed for one day, and staged before a gala audience. This event has always been by invitation only, including top Broadway and Hollywood ...8 hours ago
- Rehearses in February, runs 9-12 performances in March.
- Auditions: Jan 27 in Omaha, NE
Synopsis: "In Brendan's pub, isolated above the increasingly-empty towns, the men are gathering for their daily pint. The arrival of a stranger in their midst--a woman--spus them to impress her with stories. They are stories of souls past and of spirits very much present. But one story is more chilling ...18 hours ago
- Plays Sunday through Wednesdays, April 14th, 2015 through May 12th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre, 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203.
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," a musical comedy based on the 1988 MGM film. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Auditions will be held on Monday, February 16th, 2015, from 7-10 pm. To schedule an audition, please call 818-244-8481. Please prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song of ...23 hours ago
- Auditions: Jan 27, 28 in New York, NY
The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival, February 5th – 22nd. 15 short plays & musicals (comedies & dramas) will perform over three weekends; 5 productions each Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Auditions at the The Players Theatre, Tuesday and Wednesday, January 27th and 28th, 5:00PM-7:00PM, 115 Macdougal. Please ...23 hours ago
- Playing April 3rd, 2015 through May 9th, 2015 at Glendale Centre Theatre. 324 N. Orange St., Glendale, CA 91203
- Seeking submissions from: Glendale, CA
Glendale Centre Theatre is casting "Dear Ruth", a comedy written by Norman Krasna. Produced by Tim Dietlein. Directed by George Strattan. Casting is open to all ethnicities. Good comedic timing essential for all characters. Auditions will be held by appointment only on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 from 7-10 pm. Sides ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals will begin on February 15 and extend until the staged reading on February 23rd, a Monday evening, at Harlem's renowned National Black Theatre. There will likely be three rehearsals of three hours each in addition to the performance. Rehearsals will occur over the span of one week.
- Auditions: Feb 1 in New York, NY
Casting a staged-reading for the award-winning play, "The Messiah Complex." Nia Witherspoon, writer and director, Ni'Ja Whitson, choreographer Synopsis: DJ Messiah’s got no time for the past. Music is her escape into the future. But her ghosts catch up, unearthing the queer secrets buried in Black city life. And ghosts ...yesterday
- Auditions for the part of the Guard will be held on Friday, January 30 in Room A, 36 Street Studio, 260 West 36th Street 3rd Floor (near 8th Avenue) from 3- 4:30 PM. Rehearsal begins February 2015; performances begin late February or early March 2015 in NYC. See video trailer: http://youtu.be/brqqkxewRI8
- Auditions: Jan 30 in New York, NY
Casting "In That Moment," a two character play concerning a fatal shooting for educational use by colleges and community groups.yesterday
- Tentative Rehearsal Schedule Monday thru Thursday evenings with some possible Saturday rehearsals. Final Schedule to be published after show is cast. Will rehearse and perform at the Pierson Playhouse in Pacific Palisades.
- Auditions: Feb 7, 9 in Pacific Palisades, CA
Casting the Wedding Day Farce Perfect Wedding at Theatre Palisades. Written by Robin Hawdon, the playwright who wrote the English translation of many classic farces including Don't Dress for Dinner. Character sides and information about Theatre palisades can be found on the Theatre Palisades Website www.theatrepalisades.org.yesterday