Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Rehearsals June; Performances July 22-August 27 in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 25, 26, 27 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Much Ado About Lebowski," a musical directed by Lauren Burgat. Project description: "A mash up of a parody of a parody of a farce written by Primitive Screwheads."2 hours ago
- Runs 50 weeks a year and plays 7 to 9 sold out performances per week in San Francisco, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 5 in San Francisco, CA
Casting "Beach Blanket Babylon", a musical revue. Project description: "A world renowned, record-breaking success and the longest running musical revue in theatre history."2 hours ago
- Rehearsals June 20-August 4 (evenings and some weekends); Performances August 5-21 in Mill Valley, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 18, 20 in Mill Valley, CA
Casting "The Little Mermaid," a musical. Project description: "Book, Music & Lyrics: Doug Wright, based on the Disney classic."3 hours ago
- Date(s) TBD in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Seeking submissions from: Pittsburgh, PA
Seeking actors and singers for the Confidential Musical Theatre Project. Franchise producer states: "We choose a show that doesn't get done very often, but should. Actors submit online, and we cast the show with the best performers possible (regardless of age, race, body type, or gender). We ask the actors ...6 hours ago
- Performances April 15-24, in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Auditions: Feb 21, 22 in Santa Rosa, CA
Casting "Breaking Legs", a play. Project description: "The worlds of the Mafia and the theatre clash hilariously when a professorial playwright seeks funding for his new play from the family of a former student. The "family" turn out to be minor Mafia godfathers who are willing to underwrite the play ...8 hours ago
- Rehearses in Boston, MA (Venue TBD) Twice a week (Wednesdays & Fridays) starting in March for leads. Ensemble rehearsal TBD very soon. Shows Dates: May 4th, 2016 at 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM May 5th, 2016 at 7:00 PM May 6th, 2016 at 7:00 PM* All performances will be in the Amos A. Lawrence School Auditorium *Venue TBA
- Seeking submissions from: Boston, MA
SCHOOL OF ROCK is a brand new musical based on the famous Paramount film written by Mike White, which starred Jack Black. The musical follows Dewey Finn, a failed, wannabe rock star who decides to earn a few extra bucks by posing as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin in Mar. in Northridge and Oxnard, CA; performs May 14 & 15.
- Auditions: Feb 16, 17 in Oxnard, CA
Casting "Fauntleroy," a musical. Synopsis: "Fauntleroy" is a heartwarming story of a young lad who brings life, warmth, love, and life lessons to his grandfather. All roles are open; seeking children ages 7-10 and adults 20-50.14 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Jennerstown, PA.
- Auditions: Mar 6 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting company members for the Mountain Playhouse 2016 Season. Season includes: "The Bikinis" (Chan Harris, dir.; Jacob A. Toth, choreo.; Terry Osman, musical dir.; Matthew Marafino, stage mgr. Rehearsals begin May 31; runs June 14-26); "Social Security" (Chan Harris, dir. Rehearsals begin June 22; runs July 5-17); "Too Many Cooks" ...14 hours ago
- Auditions will be held by appointment only this coming Wednesday morning, February, 17th, from 10 AM to 1 PM. Please send resume and headshot to and we will contact your with exact time and location (which will be on the upper West Side.)
- Auditions: Feb 17 in New York, NY
Light My Fire is a coming of age play set in the 60's in San Francisco about a young woman escaping abuse at the hands of her father and finding in a new life in college during the tumultous 60's. New play in development needs 5 actors for reading on ...15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin April 12; tech week April 25-28; runs April 29-May 15 in Mirada, CA.
- Auditions: Mar 7, in La Mirada, CA
Seeking dancers for "American Idiot."15 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 30, 2017; previews begin March 8; runs March 19-April 23 in Washington, D.C.
- Auditions: Feb 26 in Washington, DC
Casting "Three Sisters" (Anton Chekhov, playwright; Jackson Gay, dir.), to be performed in rep with "No Sisters" (Aaron Posner, dir.), a new play commissioned by Studio Theatre as a response to Chekhov's masterpiece.15 hours ago