Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Runs Mar. 16– June 21 at the John Golden Theatre in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 7 in New York, NY
Casting understudies for "Skylight" by David Hare, starring Bill Nighy, Carey Mulligan, and Matthew Beard.3 hours ago
- Runs Jan. 22, 24, and 25 as part of the Venus/Adonis Theater Festival in NYC.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting "Six Triple Eight," set during World War II as the first African-American female battalion arrives in Europe, this fictional historical play follows members of the 6888 Central Postal Battalion. Among them are Sammy, a young woman seeking adventure and romance; Cleopatra, a famous actress; Paige, a single mother trying ...4 hours ago
- 2015-2016 Season in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 6 in New York, NY
Seeking new company members for Magis Theatre Company. Future productions include: "Calderon's Two Dreams," a rep of two play. Synopsis: Pedro Calderon de la Barca, the Shakespeare of Spain, wrote two plays with the same title, "Life is a Dream," both dealing with freedom. One was written and at age ...7 hours ago
- Rehearses Jan. 11-17, 2015 in Asheville, NC; tours Jan. 19-Mar. 14; tour highlights include Texas, National Theatre in D.C., Queens, NY, etc. Shows are in schools, libraries, theaters, museums, etc.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting two actors for one tour, consisting of three different 45-minute productions: "Jackie Robinson," which tells the story of Jackie Robinson; "Freedom Songs: The Music of Black History," an a cappella show that offers a timeline of black history through popular music at the time; and "African Folktales," an engaging, ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 10, 2015; tech Apr. 10-12; dress rehearsals Apr. 14 & 15; previews begin Apr. 16; runs Apr. 25-May 24 with possible extension through June 7 TBD (Thurs.-Sat. eves., Sun. matinees, one Wed. eve. on May 20) in Pasadena, CA.
- Auditions: Jan 12 in Pasadena, CA
Casting "My Barking Dog," a play by Eric Coble. Synopsis: What happens when something deeply wild ventures onto your doorstep? Two reclusive apartment dwellers’ unfulfilled lives take a turn for the bizarre when a starving coyote begins to frequent their fire escape. This brush with wildlife incites them to embrace ...20 hours ago
- Rehearses Jan. 7-Feb. 20, 2015 (research, development), as well as four days in March; technical rehearsals and performance in April in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 22, 26, 29 in Brooklyn, NY
Casting a workshop of "The Ocean," a new play with music inspired by Deca's recent album (with permission from the bard himself). Seeking seven performers to join a collaborative ensemble of actors, musicians, and/or dancers to create a documentary piece which weaves in and out of collected verbatim interviews on ...21 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin January 10, 2015; performances will run February 5-22, 2015 in Mesa, AZ.
- Seeking submissions from: Mesa, AZ
Casting "The Totally '80s Karaoke Murder Mystery," written by Brian Foley, in collaboration with Murder by Music from NYC. Project Description: "A new musical in which video kills the radio star."23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 24; runs Mar. 26-Apr. 12, 2015 at The REP, Pittsburgh Playhouse, Theatre Upstairs in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Auditions: Jan 5 in Pittsburgh, PA
Casting "Endless Lawns" by Tony McKay.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin January 5, 2015; performances will run February 13-28, 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Auditions: Dec 20 in Phoenix, AZ
Casting "The Beauty of the Father," written by Nilo Cruz. Project Description: "Three men and two women in "The Beauty of the Father" discover what they are willing to sacrifice in the name of love. A young woman reunites with her artist father in the south of Spain, both falling ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 27, 2015; runs May 1-31, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
- Auditions: Jan 12 in Dallas, TX
Casting "Sense and Sensibility," adapted by Kate Hamil.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin February; tech runs Apr. 12-16; perf. runs Apr. 17-May 2 at: Drama Learning Center 9130-I Red Branch Rd. Columbia, MD 21045.
- Auditions: Jan 26, 29 in Columbia, MD
Casting "Spring Awakening," a musical based on the play by Frank Wedekind set in a provincial German town in the late nineteenth-century in a world where grown-ups hold the keys to the future and two young people lead their peers in a celebration of rebellion against the rigid status quo.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin January 5, 2015; performances will run February 13-March 1, 2015.
- Auditions: Jan 3, 4 in Fountain Hills, AZ
Casting "Young Frankenstein," by Mel Brooks. Project Description: "It’s Alive! Based on the 1974 Mel Brooks’ hit comedy of the same name, Young Frankenstein is scientifically proven, monstrously good entertainment. Young Dr. Frederick Frankenstein attempts to complete his Grandfather’s work and bring a corpse to life. Together with his hunchbacked ...23 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 10; runs Apr. 3-19 in Norfolk, VA.
- Auditions: Jan 15 in Norfolk, VA
Casting "Breath and Imagination," a play.yesterday
- Rehearsals begin February 7, 2015. Performances run March 12-28, 2015 at the Grand Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Auditions: Jan 3 in Salt Lake City, UT
Casting “The Skin of Our Teeth” by Thornton Wilder. Project description: "Completed by the author less than a month after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, 'The Skin of Our Teeth' (1942) broke from established theatrical conventions and walked off with the 1943 Pulitzer Prize for ...yesterday
- Runs in Hollywood, CA.
- Seeking submissions from: Hollywood, CA
Casting "On the Dark Side," a play about a group of people stuck in the middle of a battle between good and evil. Choices must be made, paths chosen, completely backed by a rock and roll soundtrack.yesterday