Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Workshop 1: Monday 9/14-Sunday 9/27 Workshop 2: Monday 10/12-Sunday, 10/25 Workshop 3: If needed, TBD Rehearsals will be held in NYC on Monday-Thursday evenings, and weekend afternoons. Performances will be held on the final Sunday of each workshop period. All actors need not be available for all rehearsals (principals should expect to be needed at most), but all must be available to attend the final Saturday and Sunday of each workshop. Actors need not be available for both workshops.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Casting 2-3 workshop productions of “Molasses in January”, an original musical for all ages. “Molasses” is historical fiction set in Boston’s North End between 1914-1919, the time of the famed Boston Molasses Disaster. Anna, a single Italian woman, struggles to raise her two children, and learns that life can change ...30 minutes ago
- Cast performs September 8&9. Rehearses September 12.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
The Cranky Cabaret, a demented, fun filled revue packed with delightfully naughty, angry, edgy songs seeks singers for its mid-September cast! All styles of music welcomed, as long as it fits with our "cranky" theme! Besides a headshot and resume, please send vocal demo tracks or video links. Also, any ...1 hours ago
- Production runs October 30-November 8, in Arlington, TX.
- Auditions: Sep 21 in Arlington, TX
Casting for the production "The Outsiders." Project description: "This powerful coming of age story follows two rival groups, the Greasers and the Socs, who are divided by their socioeconomic status."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals will be Saturday mornings and Monday nights every week starting after labor day in September and through October. Shows are at the Landis Theater in Vineland NJ. Show dates are October 22nd 23rd 24th
- Auditions: Aug 29 in Sewell, NJ and Sep 1 in Vineland, NJ
Frankenstein Rocks is a comedic rock musical that explodes onto the stage with all the awesomeness and amperage you would expect from an 80’s style hair metal rock concert! It's a roller coaster rocket ride from the beginning to the end leaving you wanting more! Only a 25min drive from ...8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin September 2015 in Riverside, California.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Riverside, CA
Tom Stoppard is considered by many to be the greatest playwright of his generation, with “Arcadia” being his greatest masterpiece. Scenes from the past and present play themselves out in the same room of an English estate. Although separated by nearly 200 years, characters and time begin to overlap. Discussions ...9 hours ago
- Rehearsals start July 30 in L.A.
- Seeking submissions from: Los Angeles, CA
Casting "Reprobate Minds," a play based on the story of the prodigal son. Synopsis: "Reprobate Minds" is about a new college graduate born and raised in Mississippi. Anxious to have his own identity, he moves to Las Vegas. What he finds is more than he bargained for.10 hours ago
- Rehearsals are scheduled for Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings 9/18/2015-10/30/2015 in Manhattan with Tech 11/2-11/4 and performances 11/5-11/9 (4 evenings and 1 matinee) rehearsal dates subject to change
- Auditions: Aug 24 in New York, NY and Aug 25 in New York, NY
Funny, flirtatious and VERY French: Wyrd Theatre presents Moliere's beloved comedy of manners Tartuffe, staged in the style of classic french burlesque with a bilingual script! In a subversion of the classical text, the world of the play will be populated by women who are aware, at all times, that ...12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Aug. 11; runs Sept. 11-20 at Cardinal Stage Company in Bloomington, IN.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Due to an actor emergency, Cardinal is casting the role of Slim in "Of Mice and Men," beginning rehearsal next week at Cardinal Stage Company in Bloomington, IN. While Slim is a non-Equity role, Cardinal Stage Company is an SPT 8 theatre, hiring both Equity and non-Equity actors.12 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Nov. 3; runs Nov. 27-Dec. 27 in Albany, NY.
- Auditions: Aug 18, in New York, NY
Casting Equity male singers and dancers for "A Christmas Story, the Musical," with book by Joseph Robinette, music & lyrics by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, based on the Warner Bros motion picture written by Jean Shepherd, Leigh Brown and Bob Clark.13 hours ago
- Rehearsal dates TBD in Aug.-Sept. Show dates: "Sammy" performs Sept. 13 and Oct. 18 (3 p.m.); "Light My Fire" performs Sept. 20 & Oct. 25 (3 p.m.); and "Totally Awesome 80s" performs Oct. 3 (8 p.m.) at the Warner Grand Theatre in San Pedro, CA.
- Auditions: Aug 9, in San Pedro, CA
Seeking singers and dancers for "Totally Awesome 80s," "Light My Fire," a tribute to the Doors, and "Sammy Davis Jr.: The Ultimate Entertainer" for All Talent Productions, a new production company from Las Vegas.13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin on or about Apr. 4, 2016; runs Apr. 28-May 15 in Philadelphia, PA.
- Auditions: Aug 17 in Philadelphia, PA
Casting Michael John LaChuisa's "See What I Wanna See."13 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Sept. 8-25; performance scheduled Sept. 27 in NYC.
- Auditions: Sep 1, 2, 3 in NY
Casting a nonunion musical showcase, "Rip Van Winkle," based on the classic short story by Washington Irving.14 hours ago