Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Intensive Dates are Dec 29-Jan 3 Auditions are: Dec 6th from 12-5pm Ripley Grier studios 520 8th ave between 36th and 37th
- Auditions: Dec 6 in New York, NY
Seeking participants for Making It On Broadway, a week-long winter intensive in the heart of New York City in which students explore the realities of what it means to be a modern Broadway professional. (www.makingitonbroadway.net) Producer states: "The program is based on the bestselling book 'Making it on Broadway.' This ...49 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin December 20 and will rehearse evenings and weekends. Show performs Thursday - Sunday, January 17 - February 1, 2015
- Auditions: Dec 13 in Brooklyn, NY
Gallery Players announces casting for the British sex-farce, Run For Your Wife by Ray Cooney.2 hours ago
- THIS IS NON-UNION. Audition & CB: Tuesday, 12/9 & Wednesday 12/10 in NYC by appointment only NYC Rehearsals: 12/29/14 - 01/26/15 NYC Performances: There will be 3 –possibly 4- shows: 1/26, 1/28, 1/31, last one TBD This will be performed at the Venus/Adonis Theatre Festival at the Robert Moss Theater.
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
STORYLINE: With the promise of Hollywood success around the corner, 30-year-old Grant Emerson agrees to do a favor for a friend and accept a temporary job as a caregiver for Maria Altmann, a 90-year-old Holocaust refugee from Austria. Reluctant at first, Grant is eventually forced to face life, love and ...6 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin November 28, 2014 in Barnegat, NJ, Opens December 12 Resorts Hotel Atlantic City, close December 20th. 7 performances.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Ebenezer,A Musical Christmas Carol to run in Atlantic City 12/12-20, Book by Ian Connell Desmond, Lyrics: Rosemary Novellino Mearns, Music William Mearns. Original adaptation of Dickens Christmas Carol. Seeking immediate replacement for male track. Ensemble musical production and all actors play numerous roles. Solo singing.16 hours ago
- Performances run December 2014-May 2015, in Washington, DC area schools.
- Seeking submissions from: Washington, DC
Casting "Freedom Summer," an interactive theater event for the Civil Rights Arts Project based on the 1964 Mississippi Summer Project when nearly 1,000 college students went to Mississippi to help African Americans secure their voting rights. Project description: “This new play explores the tensions within the project and the challenges ...22 hours ago
- Rehearsals in December (BAX, Brooklyn, NY) Performances - January 2, 3, 4 (Brooklyn, NY), and January 11 (Fair Lawn, NJ)
- Seeking submissions from: New York, NY
Steps Theatre (stepstheatre.com) is seeking Russian speaking actors for our upcoming production “At the Ark at Eight” (in Russian). “At the Ark at Eight” is a charming tale, both funny and serious, with a bewitching and captivating plot, full of unexpected turns. The story is told with a creative twist, ...yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 27; runs Feb. 20-Mar. 15 in Long Beach, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 8 in Hollywood, CA
Casting "End of the Rainbow," a play.Wednesday
- Rehearses May 11-May 26, 2015; runs May 27-July 3, 2015 in NYC.
- Auditions: Jan 20 in New York, NY
Casting a new play, "Devoted Dreams," by Christopher B. Latro. Synopsis: Alexander, a young man freshly married, is building his promising asset management career. Alexander is tempted by distractions from his life and can get lost in the overbearing demands of his parents. His young wife Eva is lonely and ...Wednesday
- Rehearses Mar. 16-Apr. 2; runs Apr. 9-May 23 in NY.
- Auditions: Jan 21 in New York, NY
Casting "The Frugal Repast," a play. Synopsis: Two couples from two generations of a struggling family are challenged by the theft of a masterpiece of art. Theodor, father to William and stepfather to Cornelia, and his wife Margaret, mother to Cornelia and stepmother to William, have led a life of ...Wednesday