Backstage's Theater auditions listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater audition notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Conference rehearses and performs in Waterford, CT.
- Auditions: May 1 in New York, NY
Casting the "The War Dept" and "The White City" for the O'Neill 2014 National Music Theater Conference.6 hours ago
- Conference rehearses and performs in Waterford, CT. Each new play is in residence for one week between June 27-July 20.
- Auditions: May 1 in New York, NY
Casting the O'Neill 2014 National Playwrights Conference. Conference includes "Tiger Style!;" "Bright Half Life;" "Ugly Lies;" "Im Gonna Pray For You So Hard;" "The Imaginary Music Critic Who Doesn't Exist;" "Icarus Burns."7 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin early May; runs late May-Aug. 31 at Legoland California in Carlsbad, CA.
- Auditions: Apr 27, 28, 29, 30, May 1, 8 in Carlsbad, CA
LEGOLAND California is casting hosts, costume characters, and performers for its live performance summer shows.1 hours ago
- Rehearses July 1-October 2, in Seattle, WA. Performances run October 3-November 1, at the Summer Immersive Theatre in Seattle, WA.
- Auditions: May 24 in Seattle, WA
Casting the play, "Supraliminal." Project description: "This world premiere is commissioned by Seattle Immersive Theatre to be based on multiple existing locations. The show revolves around an integrated studies course and begins in an actual college lecture hall from where the audience/class will be transported via bus to an ongoing ...48 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin the first week of June in El Cajon, CA; runs July 18-20, 25-27, & Aug. 1-3 at The Ocean Beach Playhouse.
- Auditions: May 8, 9 in San Diego, CA
Casting "Sheila A Musical." Production states: "'Sheila' is an original, award-winning, musical comedy in the spirit of films such as "American Pie" with a contemporary score. This will be the first production in San Diego."1 hours ago
- Shoots late June; stage production takes place late summer/early fall at a TBA location.
- Auditions: May 6 in Manhattan, NY
Casting an untitled gospel musical about gang violence. Synopsis: Based in Washington, D.C., a 16-year-old teenager, Lamont Spencer, must decide to stay with the gang who revenged his father's death or seek salvation in the church.5 hours ago
- Season rehearses and performs in Storrs, CT.
- Auditions: Apr 30 in New York, NY
Casting three shows for the Connecticut Repertory Theatre season. Shows include "A Chorus Line" (Rehearsals begin May. 16; runs Jun. 5-15); "The Sunshine Boys" (Rehearsals begin May 30; runs Jun. 9-29); "Gypsy" (Rehearsals begin June 21; runs July 10-20).7 hours ago
- Musical rehearsals begin March 16, 2015, staging rehearsals begin April 6, 2015, and performances are May 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9, 2015, at the The Hampton Opera Center, in Portland, OR.
- Auditions: May 28, 29 in Portland, OR
Casting the musical, "Show Boat" with Portland Opera. "Show Boat is a 1927 musical based on Edna Ferber's bestselling novel of the same name, following the lives of the performers, stagehands, and dock workers on the Cotton Blossom, a Mississippi River show boat, over forty years, from 1887 to 1927."5 hours ago