Backstage's Theater audition listings span the entire country, including national tours, Broadway, off-broadway and off-off-broadway productions -- Theater notices are subdivided by type, including plays, musicals, and chorus calls.
New theater auditions are posted to Backstage.com daily.
You can further refine your search by using the filters on the right side of the page, and save your search to have new casting notices sent directly to your inbox.
- Performers must be available for 10 a.m.-noon rehearsals beginning Jan. 7, 2014 and all morning and evening performances. Performances will be Feb. 17-Mar. 7, 2014 at the SCERA Center for the Arts in Orem, UT. Shows will be at 10 a.m. on weekdays for school field trips with evening public shows on Mon. & Fri. nights at 7 p.m.
- Auditions: Dec 17 in Orem, UT
Casting 'Dr. Seuss’s “The Cat in the Hat', a short one-hour play (not a musical) with most of the storytelling done through movement, dance, acting and characterization, although there are scripted lines for most characters.7 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6, 2014; Performances will be Feb. 14-Mar. 1, 2014 in Tempe, AZ.
- Auditions: Dec 15 in Tempe, AZ
Casting "The Whale," a drama of gigantic proportions. Since the death of his boyfriend, morbidly obese 600 pound Charlie (who we’re thrilled will be played by Nearly Naked Theatre artistic director Damon Dering) confined himself to his small Idaho apartment and is eating himself to death. With his health quickly ...31 minutes ago
- Rehearsals begin in late January 2014; runs Mar. 9-26, 2014 at The Winery in Mohegan Lake, NY.
- Auditions: Jan 17, 19 in New York, NY
Casting a concert version of "Jesus Christ Superstar."1 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Feb. 18, 2014; runs Mar. 21-Apr. 13, 2014 in St. Louis, MO.
- Auditions: Dec 18, 19, 20 in New York City, NY
Casting "Noises Off" by Michael Frayn.8 hours ago
- Rehearsals begin Mar. 4, 2014; runs Mar. 26-Apr. 13, 2014 in Ithaca, NY.
- Auditions: Dec 23 in Ithaca, NY
Casting "Lungs" by Duncan MacMillian.10 hours ago
- Rehearses in Atlanta, GA; performs in multiple venues in the Southeast in late winter-spring 2014.
- Seeking submissions from: GA; MS; TN; SC; NC; AL
Casting "Great Scenes," an evening of scenes including Shakespeare, European drama, contemporary American plays, musical theater, opera, improv and more.13 hours ago
- Rehearses mid-Jan. 2014 through mid-Feb. 2014 (nights and weekends); performs Feb. 19-March 9 (5 performances TBD) in NYC.
- Auditions: Dec 13, 15 in New York, NY
Everyday Inferno is casting "Something Wicked," a devised work based on the text of Shakespeare's Macbeth to be included in the upcoming NYC Frigid Festival.13 hours ago
- Rehearses May 19-June 5; performs June 6-Aug. 30, 2014 (6 evening shows per week, company idle Sundays) in Chillicothe, OH.
- Seeking submissions nationwide/worldwide
Casting for "Tecumseh! Outdoor Drama," which tells the life story of the famous Shawnee Native American leader.14 hours ago
- Auditions to be held December 15 and 16; show opens March 7th and runs through March 23, 2013 in Rockville, MD.
- Auditions: Dec 15, 16 in Rockville, MD
Casting Marsha Norman's Tony Award winning drama, "'Night Mother." Project Description: "A mother and daughter live in a rural house. One evening, the daughter calmly declares her intention to kill herself. What follows is a painfully honest portrait of a woman who died a long time ago, and a mother ...15 hours ago
- Performances of And We Will Share the Sky will be held at Center Stage in Naperville and the Bartlett Nature Center in Bartlett. There will be a sneak-peek scene performance at Water Street Studios in Batavia. Dates: February 16 (Batavia), 21, 22, 23, 28 (Naperville); March 1, (Naperville,) 8 (Bartlett) Performances of Love, Loss, and What I Wore will be held at Center Stage in Naperville; Dates: May 2, 3, 4, 9, 10
- Auditions: Dec 15 in Naperville, IL
Casting the plays "And We Will Share the Sky" and "Love, Lose and What I Wore."yesterday
- Rehearsals begin Jan. 6 (Mon.-Thurs. 7-10 p.m. and Sun. 1-5 p.m.); runs Feb. 21-March 9, 2014 (Fri. 8 p.m., Sat. 8:30 p.m. & Sun. 4 p.m.) in Pomona, CA.
- Auditions: Dec 16, 17, 18 in Pomona, CA
Casting "Boston Marriage" by David Mamet, a droll comedy of errors set in a Victorian drawing room and featuring an all-female cast. Anna and Claire are two bantering, scheming ladies of fashion who have long lived together on the fringes of upper-class society. Anna has just become the mistress of ...yesterday